PDA

View Full Version : Who are u most excited about on our Defense right now??

bigbub2352
04-10-2007, 10:23 AM
Since the mass media does nothing but bash our team, i figured it would be nice to talk about some positives on the team,

What player are u most excited about that we sighned drafted or traded for, and who do u think will be the next leaders of this Defense?

I am most excited about Angelo Crowell, he has gotten some national attention, but i think if he moves back to his natural postion, or stay on the Outside he is gonna be a Lance Briggs type LB, i think he is the foundation we build the D around

Also John McCargo... i know he left a sour taste in some of your mouth, but this guys potential is thru the roof, and he has come into camp bigger stronger and healthier than he has been in 2 years according to Chris Brown, also he had a year to learn the system, and u cant deny the fact that he was coming on right before he got hurt, now with two Vets in Triplett and Walker showin him the way, i think he has all the makings to be outstanding for us, remember he is young and came out as a junior, so alot of time to grow!!!

patmoran2006
04-10-2007, 10:24 AM
I'm not sure if I'm most excited about him, but I'm most interested in seeing how Donte Whitner plays this year.

As a top 8 pick, I'm expecting him to jump from a productive rookie to an impact safety in his second year.

bigbub2352
04-10-2007, 10:27 AM
I'm not sure if I'm most excited about him, but I'm most interested in seeing how Donte Whitner plays this year.

As a top 8 pick, I'm expecting him to jump from a productive rookie to an impact safety in his second year.

I am very excited about him and KO, i think that with a year under there belt they should be outstanding together

OpIv37
04-10-2007, 10:28 AM

I'm still waiting for Whitner to unload on someone- I mean the kind of hit that makes every highlight reel.

When we drafted him, I kept hearing how he was a "hard hitting" safety, but other than a couple of solid hits against Baltimore, I don't really remember him doing anything deserving of the label "hard hitting".

Ed
04-10-2007, 10:40 AM
I think I'm most excited about Crowell. I really believe he has pro-bowl worthy talent.

Seeing how much Whitner and Simpson improve from their rookie campaigns is also exciting.

I'd also say I'm most interested or intrigued in what Youboty and McCargo do this year.

madness
04-10-2007, 10:40 AM
I'm still waiting for Whitner to unload on someone- I mean the kind of hit that makes every highlight reel.

When we drafted him, I kept hearing how he was a "hard hitting" safety, but other than a couple of solid hits against Baltimore, I don't really remember him doing anything deserving of the label "hard hitting".

I'd expect to see that a little more often this year now that he has a year under his belt in the NFL and in a new defense. Once players can fully grasp a defense and get settled in, they can begin to play on instinct. When you're out there on the field and don't have to take that extra second to think about what you are supposed to do anymore, your game goes up another level.

Jan Reimers
04-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Youboty's ability to replace Nate is key.

bigbub2352
04-10-2007, 10:47 AM
Youboty's ability to replace Nate is key.

I agree, and the coaching staff thinks the world of him, he has 1st round talent so i think it will be interesting now that he knows what he is doin plus he is young, hope he fills in nicely he got a ton of good coaching at OSU, that can only help

jamesiscool
04-10-2007, 10:49 AM
I'm excited to see if ALL of these guys can step up to the plate and become the leders they HAVE to ebcome considering we lost so many vocal and locker room leaders over the past few years.

mchurchfie
04-10-2007, 10:54 AM
I'm excited about not having to watch Fletcher make a tackle 10 yards downfield.:up:

Ed
04-10-2007, 11:08 AM
I'm also pretty excited to see what Schobel can do after last seasons pro-bowl performance. It'll be fun to see how many sacks he can get this year with what should be an improved D-line.

Night Train
04-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Coy Wire ! :up:

djjimkelly
04-10-2007, 11:27 AM
im most excited about the D line as a whole i know we have been ripped everywhere. but i do think marv has made this D line into something with a couple trades couple resigns and the draft!

schobel denney kelsey hargrove as a group of DE's they are impressive maybe not individually besides schobel but as a group i like them everyone forgets they had 25 sacks give or take 1 last year between the 4 of them that rivals any DE group in the league

as for our DT's walker is gonna be a serious addition we get ripped for losing spikes no one mentions what we got in return. this guy averages 5-6 sacks a year in a DT rotation which is top 5 in nfl over the last 5 years tripplet will go back into the role he is used too to be a wave player and i have no doubt hes a 4-5 sack man. as for mccargo and williams both showed flashes in their rookie years both have bulked up a bit i have no doubt both will be much improved.

on the whole i think our D line is gonna be pretty damn solid even though no one else thinks so!!!!!

bigbub2352
04-10-2007, 11:43 AM
Coy Wire ! :up:
hey he added 10lbs so he might be a force LOL

alohabillsfan
04-10-2007, 12:04 PM
I don't care who it is that blows up mcgahee!:bandwagon

User Manuel
04-10-2007, 12:13 PM
I really like our DL and safeties. I actually really like or entire corps of linemen and our safeties.

mikemac2001
04-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Were gonna win SB guys