• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Packers extend Nick Barnett

Per ESPN.

Here is the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel story:

The Green Bay Packers have signed linebacker Nick Barnett to a six-year contract extension that will make him one of the highest-paid players on defense.

Terms of the deal weren't known, but Barnett was believed to have received a signing bonus of at least $10 million and a yearly average between $5 million and $6 million.

"I think both sides walked away thinking a long-term committment was in place," said Barnett agent Chuck Price. "We're very pleased to reach this deal."
    If Crowell performs as well as some of you think he will, this could set the bar on the cost to re-sign him after this season. Crowell is signed through 2008.
    Last edited by Ickybaluky; 04-10-2007, 11:27 AM.
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: Packers extend Nick Barnett

Yeah signing evans, losman, crowell....etc aint gonna be easy.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Mudflap1
      Next Question!
      • Nov 2004

I must say... I'm glad to see a player and an organization do this the right way. Instead of threatening and holding out like McKenzie and Walker, Barnett decided that he was best served being a team guy and participating in offseason workouts, planning to be at all minicamps, training camp, etc., and "play it out" figuring that in the end, he'll get paid one way or the other. And for that, he gets rewarded with a nice, new contract from Green Bay.

Willis, T.O., Javon Walker, Mike McKenzie, TKO, take notice...

Jon

Comment

• dolphan117
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Mudflap1
        I must say... I'm glad to see a player and an organization do this the right way. Instead of threatening and holding out like McKenzie and Walker, Barnett decided that he was best served being a team guy and participating in offseason workouts, planning to be at all minicamps, training camp, etc., and "play it out" figuring that in the end, he'll get paid one way or the other. And for that, he gets rewarded with a nice, new contract from Green Bay.

Jon
        I was about to say the exact same thing.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Mudflap1
          The only problem with that is pretty much every one of those guys, other than maybe McKenzie, got paid big money in the end.

Comment

• Mudflap1
            Next Question!
            • Nov 2004

Karma man... karma... at least to a few guys like Barnett, it seems to still count for something.

Jon

Comment

Working...
            X