PDA

View Full Version : Pacman Jones Suspended for the entire season!

jdbillsfan
04-10-2007, 12:13 PM
Suspended for 2007. Good news for the Bills.

Maybe the Titans should hold on to all of their draft picks now.

ptd86
04-10-2007, 12:14 PM
<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #002d78 1px solid" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Today
</TD><TD align=right>Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 1:05 PM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=1236)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>NFL SUSPENSIONS: NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has informed Adam Jones of the Tennessee Titans and Chris Henry of the Cincinnati Bengals that they have been suspended without pay for violating the NFL’s personal conduct policy and engaging in conduct detrimental to the league on numerous occasions, the NFL announced today.
Jones was suspended for the 2007 season, while Henry was suspended for the first eight games of the 2007 regular season. Each player must earn the right to be reinstated.

User Manuel
04-10-2007, 12:16 PM
<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #002d78 1px solid" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Today

</TD><TD align=right>Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 1:05 PM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=1236)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>NFL SUSPENSIONS: NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has informed Adam Jones of the Tennessee Titans and Chris Henry of the Cincinnati Bengals that they have been suspended without pay for violating the NFL’s personal conduct policy and engaging in conduct detrimental to the league on numerous occasions, the NFL announced today.
Jones was suspended for the 2007 season, while Henry was suspended for the first eight games of the 2007 regular season. Each player must earn the right to be reinstated.

and there was much rejoicing.....

JPFBillsFan
04-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Now he can make it rain all season long......instead of playing

OpIv37
04-10-2007, 12:17 PM
serves him right. He's a piece of **** and doesn't deserve what he has. I hope he gets jail time.

Philagape
04-10-2007, 12:19 PM
:bf1: Good riddance

billsburgh
:bf1:

mikemac2001
serves him right. He's a piece of **** and doesn't deserve what he has. I hope he gets jail time.

u know him? or just what the media u bash shows you?

He may deserve it but he may not be a peice of ****

Dr. Lecter
04-10-2007, 12:21 PM

Did you see his interview with Deion Sanders?

He has been arrested five times.

That is POS material.

mikemac2001
04-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Ya but leonard little can play even though he killed someone while driving drunk

Pacman is just dumb with that he does loves the attention gets in stupid trouble

I think punishment is fair but id put little in more POS cat then Pacman

MVP
04-10-2007, 12:33 PM
He has been arrested five times.

and convicted 0 times!

jdbillsfan
04-10-2007, 12:36 PM
Ya but leonard little can play even though he killed someone while driving drunk

Pacman is just dumb with that he does loves the attention gets in stupid trouble

I think punishment is fair but id put little in more POS cat then Pacman

I am still not sure how Leonard Little is still in the league.

BILLSROCK1212
04-10-2007, 12:40 PM
I am still not sure how Leonard Little is still in the league.great point! i think these suspensions will help with the leagues problems but I believe i'd reduce Pacman's suspensions in half and maybe add 4 games on to Henry's

in my opinion the suspensions should look like this:

Henry 12 game suspension
Pacman 8 game suspension

I also believe this will help us in trying to get Michael Turner because now the Titans will probably not give up as much as they would if they had Pacman.

casdhf
04-10-2007, 12:41 PM
They're all POS.

kgun12
04-10-2007, 12:45 PM
I will make a bet that Adam never play in the NFL again. I think BIG trouble is just waiting right around the corner for him!

BTW if was up to me, he would have been suspended for life. at the least I think Adams should have been suspended for at least 2 years and Henry for a year. Make examples of the first few players and dish out harsh punishment, and maybe the next generation of players will think twice about doing some of this crap! Coddling this gereration of kids isn't working!

justasportsfan
04-10-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm can't say he's a POS because I don't know the details of each incident but he made his own bed and he can lay on it.

OpIv37
04-10-2007, 12:48 PM

the guy is CONSTANTLY in trouble. He constantly makes the same mistakes. He's had way more second chances than the rest of us would have had because he plays football.

**** him.

Now, maybe he learns from this and becomes a better person and if that's the case, I'll retract my statement. But as of now, he's a POS.

kgun12
04-10-2007, 12:53 PM
They're all POS.

That "lumps" (pun intended) them all together! :funny:

Michael82
04-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Excellent news! That piece of **** deserves everything he got. It's nice to see that we got a commish with some balls. :bf1:

Forward_Lateral
04-10-2007, 01:03 PM
There's no way that this suspension will stand. Jones and the NFLPA will fight it, and win, you watch. While I agree he's a nuisance, I disagree that you can suspend a guy before he's convicted of anything.

Bulldog
04-10-2007, 01:03 PM
Thank you Roger Goodell. It's really pretty simple. If you don't want to be suspended, don't act like a *****.

MikeInRoch
04-10-2007, 01:06 PM
From the article on ESPN.com...

Jones and Henry were told that any failure to comply with these conditions will result in additional discipline, including possible banishment from the league.

justasportsfan
04-10-2007, 01:10 PM
Thank you Roger Goodell. It's really pretty simple. If you don't want to be suspended, don't act like a *****.
or hang out with them.

kgun12
04-10-2007, 01:22 PM
There's no way that this suspension will stand. Jones and the NFLPA will fight it, and win, you watch. While I agree he's a nuisance, I disagree that you can suspend a guy before he's convicted of anything.

I doubt the NFLPA will do anything. They already told Goodell they were in favor of this. They might get a private lawyer, but I think PA isn't going to help out. This is why Goodell was able to do this!

Gunzlingr
04-10-2007, 01:33 PM
I doubt the NFLPA will do anything. They already told Goodell they were in favor of this. They might get a private lawyer, but I think PA isn't going to help out. This is why Goodell was able to do this!

Yeah I read that disciplinary action was fully endorsed by the union.

CuseJetsFan83
04-10-2007, 02:19 PM
well when goddell was first elected the commissioner just before the season began alot of people were skeptical....... well..... i would have to say as compared to tagliabue he's doing a fine job....... creating that player counsel is one of the best ideas in terms of keeping the union happy, while still getting the leagues conduct rules in effect.

secondly these suspensions are heavily warrented........ bravo, and its good to warn them that any future slip ups = possible banishment......... time to show them that its a privledge to play in the NFL, not a right

DraftBoy
04-10-2007, 02:31 PM
:bf1: Goodell

kgun12
04-10-2007, 02:33 PM
well when goddell was first elected the commissioner just before the season began alot of people were skeptical....... well..... i would have to say as compared to tagliabue he's doing a fine job....... creating that player counsel is one of the best ideas in terms of keeping the union happy, while still getting the leagues conduct rules in effect.

secondly these suspensions are heavily warrented........ bravo, and its good to warn them that any future slip ups = possible banishment......... time to show them that its a privledge to play in the NFL, not a right

Excellant post!

kgun12
04-10-2007, 03:22 PM

On ESPN's sportcenter special at 4:00 says the NFLPA is 100% behind this and is the main reason the new rules are there. It was the players that got sick of a few bad apples making them all look bad!

M
04-10-2007, 03:25 PM

This isn't about the law (being convicted), it's about the league's conduct rules which he obviously violated.

Pinkerton Security
04-10-2007, 04:51 PM
This isn't about the law (being convicted), it's about the league's conduct rules which he obviously violated.

exactly, the rule they made seems to be directly aimed at that very instance, since it seemed as though jones wasnt going to be suspended until he was convicted. the rules now state that the nfl is basically its own entity and can suspend him for simply violating its own rules, regardless of whether he has been convicted of his crime yet.

mikemac2001
04-10-2007, 06:17 PM
http://webfuse.cqu.edu.au/Courses/2002/T3/MMST12016/course_site/image/pacman.gif

realdealryan
04-10-2007, 06:48 PM
What a precedent. Losers won't be allowed to stay in the league, regardless of talent. This is a great development, especially with NFLPA backing.

And we have the NBA to thank for it! No way this goes down so soon without the thuggery of pro basketball. I'd like to personally recognize a couple of guys who have ties to my local NBA franchise. Thank you Steven "yeah I shot at him" Jackson and Jamal "that's not my weed, okay it is" Tinsley. Good work fellas.

dolphan117
04-10-2007, 07:02 PM
I wonder what the odds are that Pacman ever makes it back into the league? A whole year with nothing to do and no football to play....... My guess is he gets arrested at least twice during the one year suspension.

Goobylal
04-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Next up...Joey Porter.

Pinkerton Security
04-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Next up...Joey Porter.

or tank johnson :dance:

screw the bears

dolphan117
04-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Next up...Joey Porter.I wonder about this too, doubt it would be more than 1 or 2 games though.

Goobylal
04-10-2007, 07:31 PM
If it happens, I doubt it would go beyond that.

mikemac2001
04-10-2007, 07:41 PM
Ya wtf pac-man never even convicted and tank johnson got people dying in his house... punishment was fair but id be pissed to see that other dudes getting nothing

chubluv
04-10-2007, 09:15 PM
I think the punishment was severe, but he has to send a message. I wish other sports would take these actions to let their players know that it is a privilege and an honor to play and get payed what they do.

kgun12
04-10-2007, 09:53 PM
I think the punishment was severe, but he has to send a message. I wish other sports would take these actions to let their players know that it is a privilege and an honor to play and get payed what they do.

It's coming to the other sports. My hope is that it come to ALL of society. Hopefully there's a reckoning comin!!!