PDA

View Full Version : Jon Beason?

Bone
04-10-2007, 02:03 PM
I was on buffalobills.com checking there boards and I saw the rumor is tha the Bills have been talking to Jon Beason for quiet some time and really would want him at the 12th pick even if Willis is still there.

streetkings01
04-10-2007, 02:06 PM
Marv, Jauron, and Fewell may view him as a better fit for the our cover2. I trust Marv and Jaurons evaluation when it comes to LB's....their track records speaks for itself when it comes to drafting LB's.

Romes
04-10-2007, 02:09 PM
This could very well be the "donte whitner" pick of this year with Willis still on the board.

jamesiscool
04-10-2007, 02:10 PM
beason could play any LB position too. he ran a 4.6 and seems to be a very solid BL but NOT at 12.

if we go for him we better move down or do i feel a marv reach coming on?

Saratoga Slim
04-10-2007, 02:28 PM
This could very well be the "donte whitner" pick of this year with Willis still on the board.

I would be DUMBFOUNDED if we passed up Willis to take Beason. Beason looks like a great player, but Willis has 4.4 speed, and can cover. I don't see how Beason would be a better fit for the Cover-2 if he's not as fast.

I think Beason has outstanding potential and he's my 2nd favorite LB if Willis is off the board, but nonetheless you've got to believe we could move down 8-10 picks and still draft Beason. No mock draft I've seen has him getting picked before the late 20s

DraftBoy
04-10-2007, 02:32 PM
Ive been calling this pick for over a month now. We wont go Willis bc he wants to play inside and they intend for Crowell to play there. Im not ever sure Willis will be around. But Beason would be an excellent pickup tho I think 12 is somewhat high. But I rank Beason as my #1 OLB in the draft.

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-10-2007, 02:43 PM
I dont know too much about Beason, but I do know that I will be royally pissed if we pass on Willis for Beason

bigbub2352
04-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Beason is a heck of a prospect from a Big School, if Willis is not there i would not be surprised by this at all, but i dont see them pasing on Willis to play MLB and leavin Crowell on the outside

patmoran2006
04-10-2007, 03:12 PM
If we were to draft Beason, he will play the strong side?

THATHURMANATOR
04-10-2007, 03:37 PM
I dont know too much about Beason, but I do know that I will be royally pissed if we pass on Willis for Beason
Why don't you read up on Beason so you can be intelligibly pissed at least.

Philagape
04-10-2007, 03:38 PM
If Marv and Dick feel Beason is better than Willis for our defense, I'll defer to them on that.
But if the ONLY reason we pass on Willis if he's there is so Crowell can play the mike .... that seems absurd. I know Crowell can play there, but everything he's done to become a pretty good player has been on the outside, so it's not like we'd be losing anything.

HAMMER
04-10-2007, 03:57 PM
In Marv I trust, if this were his first round choice then so be it. If we could trade back and pick up another first day pick and still get him, then great. This site alludes to Beason being the Steelers first choice, so if we want him we may just stand pat and grab him. Unless the Steelers want him bad enough to take our slot and give us a nice treat.

I disagree with the best player available theory that many experts subscribe to. If you go to the store for butter so you can finish making your cake, do you come home with a porterhouse instead and bake a dry ass cake with no butter?
http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=211&p=8&c=1&nid=2435718&yr=2007

chernobylwraiths
04-10-2007, 04:13 PM
Former Buffalo Bill Bucky Brooks was on GR55 this morning and said the Beason would fit the cover 2 very well and would be a good pick for the Bills.

I will say the thing the morning guys said they didn't want to hear. He plays for the freaking U of M. I don't want him. :D

HAMMER
04-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Former Buffalo Bill Bucky Brooks was on GR55 this morning and said the Beason would fit the cover 2 very well and would be a good pick for the Bills.

I will say the thing the morning guys said they didn't want to hear. He plays for the freaking U of M. I don't want him. :D

That's like saying if a girl is from Buffalo I don't want to date her because she must be fat.

acattack15
04-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Heresa site that had tons of player intrviews by NFL Network.

Click on Jon Beason, He seems like a real nice guy, and proper. I personally like the kid, he seems like a nice guy that loves the game of football and will put it all out there for the team. Bills need more people like that and also a solid LB which he is.

http://nfl.com/draft/draftroom

I just hope we trade down a bit and grab him, get another pick maybe and won't have to hear Kiper whine about draft value like last year.

DraftBoy
04-10-2007, 05:36 PM

He was one of the few U of M players who didnt particpate in the FIU brawl and actually restrained teamates to try and sort it out. He's got great character.

Yes Pat Beason would play strong side.

Night Train
04-10-2007, 06:17 PM
I'm with DB.

LB's Beason or Timmons would make everyone yell " WTF ! ". Then you'd see them play and understand why we picked them.

Bmax
04-10-2007, 06:50 PM
Ive been calling this pick for over a month now. We wont go Willis bc he wants to play inside and they intend for Crowell to play there. Im not ever sure Willis will be around. But Beason would be an excellent pickup tho I think 12 is somewhat high. But I rank Beason as my #1 OLB in the draft.

Yeah i agree with you.... Mike Mayock has him as the # 1 OLB prospect in the draft....I also called this in a post yesterday....Ted ginn thread....

I bet the bills find someone to trade down a couple of spots with to pick up Beason at 14 or 16 for an extra 3rd or 4th rd pick...I'm all for it...GB and Carolina would be the teams most likely to make a deal. Both teams covet players who might be gone some where around 12...Willis and Lynch....

Bmax

Nighthawk
04-10-2007, 06:55 PM
If they draft Beason over Willis...I will be pretty upset. Not that he isn't a good player, but for God sake, get antoher team to move up, get some extra picks and draft him later. Do something that makes sense...

Bmax
04-10-2007, 07:15 PM
I just read a great article on Beason....The Steelers are really interested in him at 15...Most scouts either lke him at the will lb position or inside in a 3-4 def...

Beason played the will at miami.....It's likely he would play the same position with the Bills...

Bmax

ShadowHawk7
04-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Beason would be a great trade down selection in the 1st, or an excellent trade up selection from the 2nd if we went Peterson, Lynch, etc round 1.

Bmax
04-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Beason would be a great trade down selection in the 1st, or an excellent trade up selection from the 2nd if we went Peterson, Lynch, etc round 1.

Beason won't be around in the bottom of the 1st rd...He is a fast riser.....

The pats love him with their pick at 24... And the steelers are very interested at 15....

I really believe teams have been quiet about the guy .....he will be a top 20 pick

so forget about any shot of getting him in the 30's after we take lynch at 12 ...

Bmax

Tatonka
04-10-2007, 11:04 PM

i have been saying this for a while now too.. people here ASSUME that the bills like willis and that he will be the pick.

think about it.. how often are we right? pretty much never..

we have an inside linebacker who the bills love.. crowell.. willis is an inside lb.. that has some experience at weakside linebacker.. another position that we have filled by a guy the bills are very high on according to chris brown.. ellison.

beason can play ss linebacker.. so he is a more logical pick honestly.

now if we pick him at 12.. i will ****ing shat myself.