PDA

View Full Version : How about a 3-4 D for this year?

kgun12
03-11-2003, 09:46 AM
If we can't sign Adams, I say a better option would be to go where the talent is deeper and go get Claiborne or Peterson and move to a 3-4, Lebeau knows 3-4! Our front 7 would look like this"

RDE Schobel
NT Williams
LDE Jones or Mckinnze

ROLB Spikies
RILB Claibonre
LILB Fletcher
LOLB Posey.

Can you say WOW!!! #:1: Defense

colin
03-11-2003, 09:50 AM
No way. We have come this far and the 46 is a high learning curve D. I do think we could mix in some 34 schemes, and some zone blitzes that work like a 34, but 34 requires at least one outstanding DE/SAM backer who can generate pressure by himself, I don't know if we have that yet.

bills/deacs
03-11-2003, 09:52 AM
I don't think that TD would be willing to spend the money needed to get Claiborne or Peterson, considering he has just signed the other 3 to FA contracts in the last 2 years. I could see them plugging Brandon Spoon at the other ILB position. We would need to get some more depth at LB though. That would leave us with what, like 2 or 3 backups (Polk, Stevenson, Denman, ???)?

kgun12
03-11-2003, 09:57 AM
Both these guys would be worth the investment of the money, when you consider Adams age.

As far as investing time in the 46 D. Lebeau's Defenses were full of Blitz packages that would easy to convert into a 3-4.

TedMock
03-11-2003, 10:13 AM
I know that a lot of people have given up on the 46 but it's proven to work with the right people. GW knows the 46 inside and out and is actually one hell of a defensive coach while Lebeau practically invented zone blitz schemes. I think we're in for a huge treat this season! By using several different looks from both formations and people coming from everywhere, we're going to see a very aggressive defense being put together by 2 very fine defensive coaches.

kgun12
03-11-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by TedMock
I know that a lot of people have given up on the 46 but it's proven to work with the right people. GW knows the 46 inside and out and is actually one hell of a defensive coach while Lebeau practically invented zone blitz schemes. I think we're in for a huge treat this season! By using several different looks from both formations and people coming from everywhere, we're going to see a very aggressive defense being put together by 2 very fine defensive coaches.

That's why I say take advantage of the talent out there cause our coaches are good enough work any Defensive schemes.