• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Front-office changes could adversely affect the Bills

We hear that the Bills may be losing one of their key evaluators following this year’s draft. Tom Modrak, the team’s assistant general manager, is likely the odd man out as Buffalo’s front office continues to cut ties to the Tom Donahoe era.

Does not sound good to me. FAs have been not as well done as draft picks IMO and some of those draft pick busts (i.e. Mike Williams) and draft pick slow starts (i.e. Losman) can be attributed to coaching and staff issuea.
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

Re: Front-office changes could adversely affect the Bills

Modrak has solid credentials, but he's not the only talent evaluator in the league with good credentials. Before I assume the Bills are headed for the toilet I'd want to see who the guy is the Bills have in mind to do Modrak's job.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• B-DON
      hi
      • Mar 2004

Modrak is very overrated. We havent one great draft in years. Either they blow or we get 2 decent players. I say let him go.

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

I think Marv Levy has a pretty good grasp on evaluating talent. At least he did when he built a 4 time AFC champion. I am pretty sure he can do it again, given thr proper resources.

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by G. Host
          We hear that the Bills may be losing one of their key evaluators following this year’s draft. Tom Modrak, the team’s assistant general manager, is likely the odd man out as Buffalo’s front office continues to cut ties to the Tom Donahoe era.

Does not sound good to me. FAs have been not as well done as draft picks IMO and some of those draft pick busts (i.e. Mike Williams) and draft pick slow starts (i.e. Losman) can be attributed to coaching and staff issuea.
          Im not sold that Modrak is the key to our drafting and he certainly has no say on pro moves.

I think hes a part, but I think the Bills have had the leagues best college evaluators for years. I dont think losing him hurts us that much.

Truth is we may never know how much he did behind scenes.

Comment

• don137
            • Jul 2002

Since I am not in the war room its hard to say who Modrak liked or disiked. He may of been overruled by TD on some of his choices. I am not saying its a bad or good thing since none of us really knows who is responsible for bringing here. If he did have a lot to do with drafts under the TD era then I am not impressed at all.

Comment

• bigbub2352
              • Feb 2005

I think Modrak is expendable, there are plenty of guys out there that can do his job effectively, look how many other teams have had beneficial drafts since 2001, and even though he pulled a few good players, non have been a superstar that concerns me
              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

This is pretty old news.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by jamze132
                  I think Marv Levy has a pretty good grasp on evaluating talent. At least he did when he built a 4 time AFC champion. I am pretty sure he can do it again, given thr proper resources.

Does anyone else think that Marv doesn't really have anything much to do with the evaluation of players? I don't know why but I don't think Marv does as much as a lot of you think.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                    Does anyone else think that Marv doesn't really have anything much to do with the evaluation of players? I don't know why but I don't think Marv does as much as a lot of you think.
                    I 10000000% agree.

Marv is more of a mouthpeice than anything.

If I were the Bills I'd hire a new "assistant" Gm and prepare him now to take over for Marv in a few years. Marv is 81 years old yanno.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

OMG Modrak is leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There goes our 7 win seasons.

I guess nobody bothered to look at all of the ****ty players that he drafted.

Lee Evans, wasn't exactly somebody that we needed Modrak for. When you are drafting in the the top 12 every year you should be able to get a starter.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                        • Feb 2005

Question isn't Ron Guy a TD hire as well, i am pretty sure he is in charge of talent evaluation, and has to do with salary cap too
                        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• feelthepain
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by B-DON
                          Modrak is very overrated. We havent one great draft in years. Either they blow or we get 2 decent players. I say let him go.

Gee now he may be leaving and he's very overrated.....another in the long line of once they leave, eveything was their fault, from a Bills fan POV. What a frikin shock!!!!

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

IF Modrak makes a **** pick, it was TD's fault.. For now, its Levy's fault.
                            The GM is the one who signs off on EVERY PICK- not Modrak.

I want him gone anyway, because I want a good young asst GM to be brought in to groom for Marv's job in a couple of years anyway

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by feelthepain
                              Gee now he may be leaving and he's very overrated.....another in the long line of once they leave, eveything was their fault, from a Bills fan POV. What a frikin shock!!!!
                              So you think we should keep Modrak? What great players in the later rounds did he draft?

Comment

Working...
                              X