• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdbillsfan
    • Oct 2002

Turner Update

This is from a fantasy football site that I had registered for last year:

** Our Titans source tells us the team is "indeed very interested" in nabbing restricted free-agent Chargers RB Michael Turner after a "wonderful visit" to Nashville last week. The buzz is that the Titans offered their 19th overall pick and a 3rd-rounder for Turner and San Diego's 30th overall pick. So basically San Diego would just move up 11 spots in the 1st round plus add a 3rd-round pick. Turner's restricted tender actually calls for an extra 1st- (not just swapping up) and 3rd-rounder in compensation, so it's up to Chargers GM A.J. Smith to accept this lesser offer in a sign-and-trade deal. However, our source also says not only is Buffalo "really after him" but Green Bay is now "in the mix" as well... Fantasy Nation is watching this situation closely because not only could it shake up the NFL Draft with exchanged picks, many experts see Turner as capable of top-10 fantasy status in a feature role.
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: Turner Update

LOL. I dont know man......

I like turner but thats a hell of a swap.

Tenn needs to focus on sorting out thier secondary. Thanks Pacman!
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• feelthepain
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Mar 2005

If Tenn gets Turnner they will have some serious firepower. A one two punch with Turnner and White, Vince Young at QB! They do need to replace Bennett but this draft is deep at WR they could land a WR in the second.

Comment

• Bills4Life34
        • Apr 2007

Honestly i would not give up a 1st for turner man that's real. yeah the guy had a 6 ypg avg, but the main reason for that IMO is NEAL!. can the guy do that every single game for the entire season i really doubt that..

Comment

• Bills4Life34
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by feelthepain
          If Tenn gets Turnner they will have some serious firepower. A one two punch with Turnner and White, Vince Young at QB! They do need to replace Bennett but this draft is deep at WR they could land a WR in the second.
          Don't know about that guy, have you heard the weight issues they got with that Kat right now? Homeboy is eating his way out of Tenn.

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Originally posted by Bills4Life34
            Honestly i would not give up a 1st for turner man that's real. yeah the guy had a 6 ypg avg, but the main reason for that IMO is NEAL!. can the guy do that every single game for the entire season i really doubt that..
            Your sig clearly has a picture of Willis McGahee, but it says "Lee Evans" next to it. What gives?

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

If that's the case then Turner has no chance of being a Bill

Comment

• Bills4Life34
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Carlton Bailey
                Your sig clearly has a picture of Willis McGahee, but it says "Lee Evans" next to it. What gives?
                Thanks for the heads up, yeah i clearly see that i was messing with some sigs last night and put the wrong writting up on it. LOL

Comment

• camelcowboy
                  • Mar 2005

whats the site?

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                    • Jul 2003

With the swap of firsts and the Titan's 3rd it totals 440 points on the trade chart.

Buffalo's 2nd round pick straight up is worth 470 points on the trade chart.

Not that the trade chart is the end-all-be-all, but the trade value of that offer is less than it sounds.

Comment

• feelthepain
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by NE39
                      With the swap of firsts and the Titan's 3rd it totals 440 points on the trade chart.

Buffalo's 2nd round pick straight up is worth 470 points on the trade chart.

Not that the trade chart is the end-all-be-all, but the trade value of that offer is less than it sounds.
                      Maybe Turnner doesn't want to play in Buffalo, so Tenn becomes the only option. Also I don't think 30 pts would be a make or break on any deal, it's simply not a big enough difference to worry about.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                        Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                        • Mar 2003

That's not a bad trade. Trade down 11 spots, plus a mid third..
                        "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                        -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by feelthepain
                          Maybe Turnner doesn't want to play in Buffalo, so Tenn becomes the only option. Also I don't think 30 pts would be a make or break on any deal, it's simply not a big enough difference to worry about.
                          Just pointing out the trade offer isn't as valuable as one initially might think.

As for not wanting to go to Buffalo, why would he visit then? Him and his agent decide where he visits.

Comment

• feelthepain
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by NE39
                            Just pointing out the trade offer isn't as valuable as one initially might think.

As for not wanting to go to Buffalo, why would he visit then? Him and his agent decide where he visits.
                            Money!! If the Bills aren't willing to spend, then they may not be a place Turnner wants to play, maybe he didn't like the city, maybe he didn't like the facilities. Myabe he liked all the above, ofcourse he won't know any of this till he visits. I was just generalizing.

Comment

• Ed
                              • Sep 2002

If a team isn't willing to give SD what they want, it's irrelevant how much Turner wants to play there. If Buffalo were the only team offering SD what they feel is fair compensation, all AJ Smith has to do is tell Turner he can work out a contract with Buffalo, or stay in SD for another year.

The only way Turner really has any say in where he goes is if teams are willing to sign him to an offer sheet and give up their 1st and 3rd this year, but no one is going to do that.

So it's really up to AJ Smith who he wants to trade Turner to. At that point Turner can decide if he would want to play for that team or not and try and work out a deal, or remain in SD and wait until next year to become an UFA.

My understanding from what his agent said is that he really just wants a chance to play. As long as he has a chance to start and can sign a decent contract, I think he'd be willing to play just about anywhere.

He's going to be a year older next offseason and have to compete with what should be a very deep draft for RB. Not to mention the risk of injury before he can cash in.

If Buffalo is the only team that offers a fair trade or what SD feels is the best trade, I don't think Turner would pass up the opportunity to play here.

Comment

Working...
                              X