PDA

View Full Version : If we don't get Turner, will we be sorry?

Mitchy moo
04-10-2007, 10:14 PM
I am starting to get this crazy feeling that Turner being a known quantity make him a more logical choice for the Bills. It's great to hope on having a dream player come aboard but Turner might turn into that type of player.

What do you guys think?

Bills4Life34
04-10-2007, 10:17 PM
Have you ever thought that the reason why Turner has a 6YPC avg, is mainly cause of there OL in SD and a guy by the name of NEAL.

ShadowHawk7
04-10-2007, 10:18 PM
To answer the thread title: no.

Devin
04-10-2007, 10:19 PM
No.

After 08 Steve Slaton and Brian Leonard will be carrying the load for Buffalo for the next 10-12 :jam:

Mitchy moo
04-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Have you ever thought that the reason why Turner has a 6YPC avg, is mainly cause of there OL in SD and a guy by the name of NEAL.

We'll have some meat up there this season, with Turner would that equate to a ~5 YPC or back to WM low ~4's YPC?

Bills4Life34
04-10-2007, 10:26 PM
We'll have some meat up there this season, with Turner would that equate to a ~5 YPC or back to WM low ~4's YPC?

Honestly it all depends on the player, and how fast he get's adapted to the offense and the OL.

Mitchy moo
04-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Honestly it all depends on the player, and how fast he get's adapted to the offense and the OL.

Is he smart enough to get it soon?? Or is he another WM with great talent but little upstairs??

If you answer those questions, you'll get your correct answer. We don't need another mindless talent.

Bills4Life34
04-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Is he smart enough to get it soon?? Or is he another WM with great talent but little upstairs??

If you answer those questions, you'll get your correct answer. We don't need another mindless talent.

You know what i don't think anybody can answer that question, other then himself, and his teammates in SD. i mean nobody has really seen enough of the guy, other then when he gets playin time, the guy produces. But my question is can he produce that same way for 16 games?

Mitchy moo
04-10-2007, 10:41 PM
You know what i don't think anybody can answer that question, other then himself, and his teammates in SD. i mean nobody has really seen enough of the guy, other then when he gets playin time, the guy produces. But my question is can he produce that same way for 16 games?

The better question is can he produce better than any of the college kids we can draft? I think in the long run, it's a risk either way but we have other holes to fill as well so giving up day one picks won't help fill them.

Will the turner deal still be around come draft day?? Then if AP happens to be there we can be like F-it let's take him. I would be real upset if AP makes it to the 12th spot and we traded it away, like really really upset.

Bills4Life34
04-10-2007, 10:43 PM
The better question is can he produce better than any of the college kids we can draft? I think in the long run, it's a risk either way but we have other holes to fill as well so giving up day one picks won't help fill them.

Yeah, i rather draft AP, and then try and get patrick Willis.

Im actually against givin up a 1st for Turner.

Tatonka
04-10-2007, 10:51 PM

thats funny.. because alot of the games where turner just blew it up, LT was averaging under 4 yards a carry and was being contained. i guess they put in a different OL and FB when LT was running huh?

Slim
04-10-2007, 10:56 PM
No.

After 08 Steve Slaton and Brian Leonard will be carrying the load for Buffalo for the next 10-12 :jam:

Slaton/or Mcfadden would be ******* sick.

Slim
04-10-2007, 10:57 PM
Slaton/or Mcfadden would be ******* sick.

Of course we would have to blow dick this year to get either of them.

Bills4Life34
04-10-2007, 10:57 PM
thats funny.. because alot of the games where turner just blew it up, LT was averaging under 4 yards a carry and was being contained. i guess they put in a different OL and FB when LT was running huh?

Hey im not saying Turner is not a good back and all but, i just don't know if i would give away my 1st round pick for the guy. Like i said before, the guy has played good everytime he was givin playing time.

Bills4Life34
04-10-2007, 10:58 PM
Of course we would have to blow dick this year to get either of them.

Yup.

kgun12
04-10-2007, 11:07 PM

Stop throwing facts into this T. We shouldn't waste a draft pick on this guy, we should waste it on a complete unknown.

I would love our draft to look like this (in any order)

With the 1st pick the Bills select Turner from the Chargers

With the 2nd and 3rd pick the Bills select Briggs from the Bears!

With the rest of our picks we could go, BPA, need, or what ever!

TigerJ
04-10-2007, 11:10 PM
I like Michael Turner but a first and a third is a rip off, a bad deal. Buffalo has too many holes to be making bad trades like that.

Bills4Life34
04-10-2007, 11:11 PM
Stop throwing facts into this T. We shouldn't waste a draft pick on this guy, we should waste it on a complete unknown.

I would love our draft to look like this (in any order)

With the 1st pick the Bills select Turner from the Chargers

With the 2nd and 3rd pick the Bills select Briggs from the Bears!

With the rest of our picks we could go, BPA, need, or what ever!

Complete Unknown players? and how is that?

Other then you know that Turner AVG 6 YPC what else do you know about the guy?

Bills4Life34
04-10-2007, 11:12 PM
I like Michael Turner but a first and a third is a rip off, a bad deal. Buffalo has too many holes to be making bad trades like that.

That's exactly what im saying, but some people think hes the Next comming of Bo-Jackson and stuff Geez...

kgun12
04-10-2007, 11:18 PM
That's exactly what im saying, but some people think hes the Next comming of Bo-Jackson and stuff Geez...

Again just because AJ is asking a 1st and a 3rd for him doesn't mean he will get that for him. Remember when we put Moulds on the trading Block, weren't we asking for a 3rd and look what we got. Turner will be traded on draft day and it won't be a 1st and 3rd I guarantee it!

I hope he isn't the next Bo, he got hurt. All I know is I would rather have a player already established in the league vs an unknown especially with the new conduct rules!

Bills4Life34
04-10-2007, 11:21 PM
Again just because AJ is asking a 1st and a 3rd for him doesn't mean he will get that for him. Remember when we put Moulds on the trading Block, weren't we asking for a 3rd and look what we got. Turner will be traded on draft day and it won't be a 1st and 3rd I guarantee it!

Yeah you could be right. I can see the Bolts not trading and staying with Turner though, if they don't get what there askin for. I rather just draft a guy instead. JMHO

kgun12
04-10-2007, 11:23 PM
Yeah you could be right. I can see the Bolts not trading and staying with Turner though, if they don't get what there askin for. I rather just draft a guy instead. JMHO

I don't think I would give up a 1st and 3rd for him either, but if they were giving us their 1st along with him I would think hard, real hard on that one!

Bills4Life34
04-10-2007, 11:26 PM
I don't think I would give up a 1st and 3rd for him either, but if they were giving us their 1st along with him I would think hard, real hard on that one!

See if they wanted to do that, then i would also think about that hard..Now that don't sound too bad.

camelcowboy
04-10-2007, 11:38 PM
Have you ever thought that the reason why Turner has a 6YPC avg, is mainly cause of there OL in SD and a guy by the name of NEAL. Wow a running game needs a good o-line to be affective? L.T, Larry Johnson, Shaun Alexander, Steve Jackson, Willie Parker, must all succeed because they are talented and have weak lines and fullbacks :rolleyes:

No crap Turners YPC is high because of a Good O-line. How can you not laugh when reading that a running back may not be good because his o-line was real good? Lets slam the rb for having good line, priceless.

Mitchy moo
04-11-2007, 06:19 AM
Ok, so most everybody thinks Turner is the good stuff, right?