PDA

View Full Version : Bills shouldn't make RB decision until draft weekend

Don't Panic
04-11-2007, 04:08 AM
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/04/bills_shouldnt_make_rb_decisio.html

The problem Buffalo has now is that if it trades for Turner pre-draft, the team could be kicking itself should Peterson be available at No. 12 overall on April 28. Turner, as mentioned earlier, is a great prospect, but nine out of 10 NFL general managers would take Peterson, who has all the tools to be an elite pro back in the very near future. For those concerned about the 22-year-old's past injury issues, don't be. They were freak occurrences, for the most part.
With that said, perhaps the proper solution the Bills should take at the RB position is to wait until draft weekend to do anything. If Peterson is gone by the time Buffalo is on the clock in Round 1, then General Manager Marv Levy could either trade down for Cal's Marshawn Lynch, select a ball carrier with a later selection, or, if he's not a Tennessee Titan by then, contact Chargers G.M. A.J. Smith and hammer out a deal for Turner.
The starting running back in 2007 for the Bills is anyone's guess as of right now, but two things are likely: 1. It isn't going to be veteran Anthony Thomas; 2. An answer will be had by the time the sun sets on the draft, which will be around 6 p.m. on April 29.

"if he's not a Tennessee Titan by then" is the scariest part of that article. I'd hate to think the bonus we put in Travis Henry's contract years ago would come back to haunt us in our pursuit of Turner. If Henry stayed a Titan, our only heavy competition for Turner would be Green Bay, making our odds that much better.
I have to wonder if some people around here can actually wait another 20 days to find out the fate of our backfield! I hope no one spontaneously combusts in the meantime...

X-Era
04-11-2007, 06:36 AM
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/04/bills_shouldnt_make_rb_decisio.html

"if he's not a Tennessee Titan by then" is the scariest part of that article. I'd hate to think the bonus we put in Travis Henry's contract years ago would come back to haunt us in our pursuit of Turner. If Henry stayed a Titan, our only heavy competition for Turner would be Green Bay, making our odds that much better.
I have to wonder if some people around here can actually wait another 20 days to find out the fate of our backfield! I hope no one spontaneously combusts in the meantime...

Very very intelligent post!

I said this a week ago...just wait, Turner isnt going anywhere. Hold your cards until you are dealt ALL of them, then make your move.

We get one feature RB, Im not buying the RB by committee crap. We want the best we can get IMO.

Mitchy moo
04-11-2007, 06:41 AM
Wow look at this quote from 365: The problem Buffalo has now is that if it trades for Turner pre-draft, the team could be kicking itself should Peterson be available at No. 12 overall on April 28.

I wrote this is my other thread:

Will the turner deal still be around come draft day?? Then if AP happens to be there we can be like F-it let's take him. I would be real upset if AP makes it to the 12th spot and we traded it away, like really really upset.

How ironic is that?

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=124317

don137
04-11-2007, 07:59 AM
One thing that play out in the Bills favor is the suspension of Pac Man Jones. The Titans can not afford to trade away a couple of day one picks because now they need a DB in addition to there other needs. Would you feel confident that Jones will keep his nose clean for a year? I wouldn't. This will help Buffalo in potentially waiting until a draft day trade since now the Titans may just go after a Corey Dillon or draft a RB in the 2nd round and then draft a DB in the first round with Revis or Houston.