• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Sell me Adrian Peterson

Up until yesterday, I had been strongly opposed to the prospect of drafting Adrian Peterson. Granted I have not seen him play a single down on TV, but the video highlights that I saw of him have not been that impressive. Every highlight I saw was of him sprinting full speed straight away, no moves, no stiff arms, no cutting back and juking people off, no dragging 3 guys into the endzone, nothing. Just a sprinter who runs upright, like a fast Chris Brown.

Then yesterday I heard a Kirk Herbstreit radio interview endorsing this guy as a "physical FREAK with capital F-R-E-A-K" and that his work ethics are amazing and that he's hungry and on and on and on. I respect Herbstreit's opinion because he watches more college ball than any of us combined.

So seeing that there's a real possibility that the Bills may draft this guy, and I don't want to be pissed if that happens, can you sell me Peterson in your own words? Help me understand why do you want him so badly? I've always wanted Lynch more than Peterson. Why am I wrong?
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Sell me Adrian Peterson

"Wanting another man badly" sounds gay.

Anyhow, He has big play ability every time he touches the ball. Ourlads Scouting rates him as the 3rd best talent in the Draft. His durability is a concern but Buffalo would be lucky if he fell to #12.

I think if he falls to the #9 or #10 position, trade offers will come flying in, making it a longshot he'd make it to us. We'd probably have to trade up and I'm not sure any player is worth it in this draft, outside of Calvin Johnson.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

1- Dont lose sleep over him nor worry about him.. Some of these internet mocks are CRAZY he is NOT going to be on the board at 12.

2-

2-

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
        Anyhow, He has big play ability every time he touches the ball. Ourlads Scouting rates him as the 3rd best talent in the Draft. His durability is a concern but Buffalo would be lucky if he fell to #12.
        Chris Brown has big play ability too doesn't he? The problem for him is those big plays only come once every 100 plays.

Does Peterson have moves? Can he catch? Does he have good vision? RBs at this level needs more than just breakaway straight line speed.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

he has good everything...

and he's going to look good in a Cleveland Browns uniform at #3, and certainly no later than Atlanta at #8

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Still no one has convinced me otherwise with any specifics. I've heard a lot of "he's really good" but no highlights, no facts or stats, nothing.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Look at the Eric Dickerson pic.. Thats all you need to see

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                • Oct 2002

He is a threat to go the distance every time he gets the ball. Runs with aggression. He can run over or around you.

Check out the highlights. Check out the run at 2:18.

A tribute to Adrian Peterson's time at the University of Oklahoma!facebook.com/kasey.a.moody

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                  Chris Brown has big play ability too doesn't he?
                  That's news to me.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                    • May 2003

According to Pat Moran every player will be gone before the Bills draft.

Peterson is a great back when healthy. Of course, we all know the knock on that aspect of him. I might be the only one here that doesn't feel last year's injury was more out of stupidity than getting hit wrong. He was scoring a TD and did a flip into the endzone, landed on his collar bone, and broke it. It was really dumb. As far as his ability, he has good size. He has the strength you look for in a back. He looks to do everything right. He could also be an effective receiver out of the backfield. To top it off he is a character guy. He was the #1 rated recruit coming out of high school (if that means anything). He would need a little coaching to transform into the NFL, but then again most of the good backs make that transition. He has that tag of big college backs, "he runs to high", etc. I think you are correct when you say he doesn't have that elusiveness some backs have, I don't remember seeing him making a juke move to blow away a defender. But that is because in college he is the baddest mofo on the block. He will change the way he runs in the pros. I will say he isn't the best blocker, which we all know what that is like from last year. I think he would be a good fit on this team if the Bills land him. I am not going to sit here and cross my fingers that they get him, but if they do I would be happy. Then again, I don't do things like get mad over a draft pick.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Peterson is injured more than Kevin Jones, that's all you need to know.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                        Look at the Eric Dickerson pic.. Thats all you need to see
                        For every Dickerson there are 20 Chris Browns and Curtis Enises.

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

Will sometimes revert to trying to run over the opponent, but considering his two bad shoulders and chronic ankle problems, he is better served trying to escape rather than overpower
                          He's not going to change his running style like suggested. He's going to have a short career as a feature back.

If Buffalo still plans on getting another vet RB, I wouldn't be terribly upset if we drafted him because he is still a talented back. I'd be completely floored that we went RB in first round... but not upset.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                            • May 2003

You said Enis.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

For every Ogden there are 20 Robert Gallery's.

For every Petyon Manning there are 20 Ryan Leafs..

What's your point? there are more busts in history than impact players at every position.

AP is clearly the best RB in the draft; and some think he's the best player in the draft, period..

Comment

Working...
                              X