PDA

View Full Version : Sell me Adrian Peterson

Mr. Miyagi
04-11-2007, 06:00 AM
Up until yesterday, I had been strongly opposed to the prospect of drafting Adrian Peterson. Granted I have not seen him play a single down on TV, but the video highlights that I saw of him have not been that impressive. Every highlight I saw was of him sprinting full speed straight away, no moves, no stiff arms, no cutting back and juking people off, no dragging 3 guys into the endzone, nothing. Just a sprinter who runs upright, like a fast Chris Brown.

Then yesterday I heard a Kirk Herbstreit radio interview endorsing this guy as a "physical FREAK with capital F-R-E-A-K" and that his work ethics are amazing and that he's hungry and on and on and on. I respect Herbstreit's opinion because he watches more college ball than any of us combined.

So seeing that there's a real possibility that the Bills may draft this guy, and I don't want to be pissed if that happens, can you sell me Peterson in your own words? Help me understand why do you want him so badly? I've always wanted Lynch more than Peterson. Why am I wrong?

Night Train
04-11-2007, 06:10 AM
"Wanting another man badly" sounds gay.

Anyhow, He has big play ability every time he touches the ball. Ourlads Scouting rates him as the 3rd best talent in the Draft. His durability is a concern but Buffalo would be lucky if he fell to #12.

I think if he falls to the #9 or #10 position, trade offers will come flying in, making it a longshot he'd make it to us. We'd probably have to trade up and I'm not sure any player is worth it in this draft, outside of Calvin Johnson.

patmoran2006
04-11-2007, 08:45 AM
1- Dont lose sleep over him nor worry about him.. Some of these internet mocks are CRAZY he is NOT going to be on the board at 12.

2-

2- http://www.ramsusa.com/ed2.jpg

Mr. Miyagi
04-11-2007, 08:52 AM
Anyhow, He has big play ability every time he touches the ball. Ourlads Scouting rates him as the 3rd best talent in the Draft. His durability is a concern but Buffalo would be lucky if he fell to #12.
Chris Brown has big play ability too doesn't he? The problem for him is those big plays only come once every 100 plays.

Does Peterson have moves? Can he catch? Does he have good vision? RBs at this level needs more than just breakaway straight line speed.

patmoran2006
04-11-2007, 08:55 AM
he has good everything...

and he's going to look good in a Cleveland Browns uniform at #3, and certainly no later than Atlanta at #8

Mr. Miyagi
04-11-2007, 09:00 AM
Still no one has convinced me otherwise with any specifics. I've heard a lot of "he's really good" but no highlights, no facts or stats, nothing. :scratch:

patmoran2006
04-11-2007, 09:02 AM
Look at the Eric Dickerson pic.. Thats all you need to see

jdbillsfan
04-11-2007, 09:15 AM
He is a threat to go the distance every time he gets the ball. Runs with aggression. He can run over or around you.

Check out the highlights. Check out the run at 2:18.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP5RgOy5fjA

Night Train
04-11-2007, 09:19 AM
Chris Brown has big play ability too doesn't he?

That's news to me.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-11-2007, 09:30 AM
According to Pat Moran every player will be gone before the Bills draft.

Peterson is a great back when healthy. Of course, we all know the knock on that aspect of him. I might be the only one here that doesn't feel last year's injury was more out of stupidity than getting hit wrong. He was scoring a TD and did a flip into the endzone, landed on his collar bone, and broke it. It was really dumb. As far as his ability, he has good size. He has the strength you look for in a back. He looks to do everything right. He could also be an effective receiver out of the backfield. To top it off he is a character guy. He was the #1 rated recruit coming out of high school (if that means anything). He would need a little coaching to transform into the NFL, but then again most of the good backs make that transition. He has that tag of big college backs, "he runs to high", etc. I think you are correct when you say he doesn't have that elusiveness some backs have, I don't remember seeing him making a juke move to blow away a defender. But that is because in college he is the baddest mofo on the block. He will change the way he runs in the pros. I will say he isn't the best blocker, which we all know what that is like from last year. I think he would be a good fit on this team if the Bills land him. I am not going to sit here and cross my fingers that they get him, but if they do I would be happy. Then again, I don't do things like get mad over a draft pick.

gr8slayer
04-11-2007, 09:32 AM
Peterson is injured more than Kevin Jones, that's all you need to know.

Mr. Miyagi
04-11-2007, 09:40 AM
Look at the Eric Dickerson pic.. Thats all you need to see
For every Dickerson there are 20 Chris Browns and Curtis Enises.

madness
04-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Will sometimes revert to trying to run over the opponent, but considering his two bad shoulders and chronic ankle problems, he is better served trying to escape rather than overpower

He's not going to change his running style like suggested. He's going to have a short career as a feature back.

If Buffalo still plans on getting another vet RB, I wouldn't be terribly upset if we drafted him because he is still a talented back. I'd be completely floored that we went RB in first round... but not upset.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-11-2007, 09:55 AM

You said Enis.

patmoran2006
04-11-2007, 10:05 AM
For every Ogden there are 20 Robert Gallery's.

For every Petyon Manning there are 20 Ryan Leafs..

What's your point? there are more busts in history than impact players at every position.

AP is clearly the best RB in the draft; and some think he's the best player in the draft, period..

BigGabes23
04-11-2007, 10:07 AM
he has good everything...

and he's going to look good in a Cleveland Browns uniform at #3, and certainly no later than Atlanta at #8

To me 4 teams need a RB.

Cleveland - Pick #3 seams pretty high for a RB who will watch Lewis for at least part of the season. Seams REALLY high when a Franchise QB and/or LT, something they have been desperately searching for since they came back into the league (I live in Cleveland). You don't think Weis talks to Crenell at all, do you?

Houston - Personally, I don't think they can pass him up. HOWEVER, they have so many holes it is sick. OL is horrible since forever, they have 1 WR, and their Safties are horrible. To me it would make sense to draft L Brown to protect their new QB, and let Green run in the backfield for a year. also, a trade down and pick up a WR, but who would trade up?

Green Bay - They need a playmakers, and a trade with Houston makes the most sense. However, I think Farve would rather have an explosive WR or TE to work with, which would both be available at 16.

Tennessee - I don't think they drafted White in the second round to sit on the bench. It would cosst them a lot to move up to take AP, plus WR is thier #1 need, and a good one will be available at 19.

To me, I make a move and trade with Houston if AP is there. If he falls past cleveland, he will be there at 10. Atlanta is ridiculous.... especially with a blue chip DE or Safty stairing them in the face. Not to mention they have two starting RBs. Just my thoughts...

Mr. Miyagi
04-11-2007, 10:24 AM
For every Ogden there are 20 Robert Gallery's.

For every Petyon Manning there are 20 Ryan Leafs..

What's your point? there are more busts in history than impact players at every position.

AP is clearly the best RB in the draft; and some think he's the best player in the draft, period..
Yet you're still just saying that "he's really good". Okay, but how is that?

madness
04-11-2007, 10:33 AM

By being really good. :couch:

patmoran2006
04-11-2007, 10:35 AM
1925 rushing yards as a freshman..
1108 rushing yards in little over 9 games a sophomore.
1012 Rushing Yards in 7 games as a junior.

21 of the 26 games that he rushed 20 or more times he ran for over 100 yards, including 6 games of over 200 yards.

41 TD's in his three-year career.
5.4 ypg in his career.

The perfect combo of size and speed, and is widely regarded as having by far the best vision of any RB in the draft..

Is that a good start?

The last buffalo fan
04-11-2007, 10:41 AM
He is a threat to go the distance every time he gets the ball. Runs with aggression. He can run over or around you.

Check out the highlights. Check out the run at 2:18.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP5RgOy5fjA

:jawdrop: :10:

This guy is amazing, really fast, only fighting to DBs and overpowering them, I don't know against LBs, he was too fast for them. I wont be upset if he some way gets to us.

The last buffalo fan
04-11-2007, 10:43 AM

21 of the 26 games that he rushed 20 or more times he ran for over 100 yards, including 6 games of over 200 yards.

5.4 ypg in his career.

The perfect combo of size and speed, and is widely regarded as having by far the best vision of any RB in the draft..

Is that a good start?

That Oline was ****ing crazy, nothing but great blocks. All in all, the guy has talent, but got alot of help. I would love to land that Oline coach or the OC for Da Bills also. :up:

mikemac2001
04-11-2007, 02:56 PM
i want peterson now...I mean didnt see one play were he was one hit for tackle...i know its highlights but he does have that diff gear

Mr. Miyagi
04-11-2007, 03:12 PM

5.4 ypg in his career.

Is that a good start?
It's a start...:scrtach:

Why did he only play 9 games in his 2nd year and 7 games in his 3rd year?

How many receptions has he had? Rec TDs?

Does he make people miss or just a straight line runner? Can he drag a pile?

gr8slayer
04-11-2007, 03:14 PM
It's a start...:scrtach:

Why did he only play 9 games in his 2nd year and 7 games in his 3rd year?

How many receptions has he had? Rec TDs?

Does he make people miss or just a straight line runner? Can he drag a pile?

Peterson is injured more than Kevin Jones, that's all you need to know.

Mr. Miyagi
04-11-2007, 03:15 PM
That's not good. :ill:

Buffalogic
04-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Peterson has been a phenom since his first college game. The guys is a gamebreaker and more importantly he's a great kid! Totally a Marv type of guy! He's an amazingly talented kid who also works very hard and puts effort into every play he is involved in. His hands and his pass blocking capabilities are underrated. Peterson is a great all around back with ideal size, freakish speed, and tremendous vision. I've been drooling for months hoping he falls to 12 for us.

The Answer
04-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Up until yesterday, I had been strongly opposed to the prospect of drafting Adrian Peterson. Granted I have not seen him play a single down on TV, but the video highlights that I saw of him have not been that impressive. Every highlight I saw was of him sprinting full speed straight away, no moves, no stiff arms, no cutting back and juking people off, no dragging 3 guys into the endzone, nothing. Just a sprinter who runs upright, like a fast Chris Brown.

Then yesterday I heard a Kirk Herbstreit radio interview endorsing this guy as a "physical FREAK with capital F-R-E-A-K" and that his work ethics are amazing and that he's hungry and on and on and on. I respect Herbstreit's opinion because he watches more college ball than any of us combined.

So seeing that there's a real possibility that the Bills may draft this guy, and I don't want to be pissed if that happens, can you sell me Peterson in your own words? Help me understand why do you want him so badly? I've always wanted Lynch more than Peterson. Why am I wrong?

There's a great chat wrap with him on ESPN that The Answer posted in another thread:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=124377

Still highly unlikely that he's around at #12, but if he is we must draft him.

~The Answer