5. Steve Smith, WR, USC

6. Small School Offensive Tackles

7. Brandon Meriweather, S, Miami (FL)

8. Justin Harrell, DT, Tennessee

9. John Beck, QB, B.Y.U.

10. Jackie Battle, FB, Houston

The Not-So-Hot List
    Michael Bush, RB, Louisville
    This is turning out to be a sad story. Michael Bush actually wanted to come out following his junior season but when he saw so many other top underclassmen at his position bolting he went back to school. That looked to be a good decision as he was projected to be the top senior running back for 2007, a first round pick and a leading contender for the Heisman Trophy. Unfortunately for Bush he broke his leg in the first game of the year and missed the rest of the season but despite having a redshirt year available to him he opted to take a pass and head to the NFL. There was talk that he could still be a 2nd or 3rd round pick if he showed he was healthy prior to Draft Day but it was just recently announced that he had to have a second surgery to have a rod inserted into that leg and that he wouldn't be ready for action for another couple of months. At this point it looks like Bush is going to fall to Day Two, where he could be a major steal for someone. Good luck Mike!

~The Answer
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Re: NFLdraftcountdown - Hot Prospects

I wouldnt mind at all if we took him on day 2, or signed him as a UDFA, Michael Bush i mean, he has alot of talent, and could be very useful as goaline RB, if healthy he could definetly be a steal
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Bills4Life34
      • Apr 2007

Steve Smith is gonna be awesome in the NFL seen him play his whole career at USC since im a huge fan and have season tickets there. ALso i expect dwayne Jarret to be Awesome..

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
        Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
        • Mar 2003

Durant would make a great 3rd rd pick. Harrell would be a solid 2nd.
        "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
        -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• The Answer
          The Plagiarist
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Bills4Life34
          Steve Smith is gonna be awesome in the NFL seen him play his whole career at USC since im a huge fan and have season tickets there. ALso i expect dwayne Jarret to be Awesome..
          Jarrett has bust written all over him and he's dropping further and further down The Answer's big board each day.

~The Answer

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by The Answer
            Every single one of them?

Comment

• The Answer
              The Plagiarist
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
              Every single one of them?
              In recent years we have seen offensive linemen from small schools thrive in the pros, with Todd Herremans (Saginaw Valley St.) of the Eagles and Jahri Evans (Bloomsburg) of the Saints being prime examples. With a lack of top talent at offensive tackle this year we might see teams more inclined to take a chance on guys from lower levels of competition, with Allen Barbre of Missouri Southern St., Jacob Bender of Nicholls St. and Elliot Vallejo of Cal-Davis as the top candidates. Barbre could even be chosen as early as round three or four.

~The Answer

Comment

• X-Era
                What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The Answer
                Click on the link to read specifics....

1. Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan

2. Trent Edwards, QB, Stanford

3. Darrelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh

4. Justin Durant, OLB, Hampton

5. Steve Smith, WR, USC

7. Brandon Meriweather, S, Miami (FL)

8. Justin Harrell, DT, Tennessee

9. John Beck, QB, B.Y.U.

10. Jackie Battle, FB, Houston

The Not-So-Hot List
                Michael Bush, RB, Louisville
                This is turning out to be a sad story. Michael Bush actually wanted to come out following his junior season but when he saw so many other top underclassmen at his position bolting he went back to school. That looked to be a good decision as he was projected to be the top senior running back for 2007, a first round pick and a leading contender for the Heisman Trophy. Unfortunately for Bush he broke his leg in the first game of the year and missed the rest of the season but despite having a redshirt year available to him he opted to take a pass and head to the NFL. There was talk that he could still be a 2nd or 3rd round pick if he showed he was healthy prior to Draft Day but it was just recently announced that he had to have a second surgery to have a rod inserted into that leg and that he wouldn't be ready for action for another couple of months. At this point it looks like Bush is going to fall to Day Two, where he could be a major steal for someone. Good luck Mike!

~The Answer
                Id spend a 4th on Bush in a heartbeat, the potential is there and its a broken leg. They heal better than when they were unbroken. The type seems to be compound fracture requiring additional surgery, but still, they heal and are fine.

Knees, achilles, are major cause for concern, not broken bones.

The only issue is how long it takes him to recover fully. It could be a while, but Id be willing to bet hes ready to play (maybe not 100% as far as speed goes) by the start of the season.

This is a far cry from McGahee, and Bush has the heart of a lion.

Comment

• MiamiFins854
                  • Apr 2007

i think they have to compensate for the loss of spikes/mcgahee so linebacker/running back in round 1
                  FINS FAN IN PEACE

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

I would be a little reluctant to count on Michael Bush to be an every down back in the NFL. However, if I were a GM on a team that already had a good, small, quick back, but did not have a heavy duty back, I'd be drooling to get my hands on Michael Bush as a complement to to my smallish quick guy. That's not exactly the position Buffalo is in. If Buffalo were to pick up Pittman in the second and seemed to be doing a pretty good job of filling needs through the first three rounds, I wouldn't mind Levy taking a flyer on Bush on Day 2.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                      is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                      • Mar 2003

Forgot Calvin Johnson and Russell

MUCK
                      FIAMI

Comment

Working...
                      X