PDA

View Full Version : Are we really that bored that we are freaking out about the Schedule?

THATHURMANATOR
04-11-2007, 03:19 PM
Who cares.

Earthquake Enyart
04-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Who cares?

OpIv37
04-11-2007, 03:24 PM
wtf else are we supposed to talk about? There's no new news on Turner, the draft is 2 weeks away and its' already been beaten into the ground. The schedule just came out 3 hours ago.

THATHURMANATOR
04-11-2007, 03:24 PM
Exactly

THATHURMANATOR
04-11-2007, 03:25 PM
wtf else are we supposed to talk about? There's no new news on Turner, the draft is 2 weeks away and its' already been beaten into the ground. The schedule just came out 3 hours ago.
I don't have a good answer for this question Op. Maybe we are just that bored.

OpIv37
04-11-2007, 03:27 PM
btw I do find it disturbing that we have the hardest schedule in the NFL and on top of that have to play two division rivals coming off of byes.

The good thing, though, is the Miami game- we go there in Oct and they come here in Dec, which definitely favors us. It shouldn't be too hot when we're there and there's a good chance there will be a snow bowl when they come to B-lo.

Mr. Miyagi
04-11-2007, 03:30 PM
I don't have a good answer for this question Op. Maybe we are just that bored.
Yes we are Thurm. Yes we are.

Jan Reimers
04-11-2007, 03:31 PM
The schedule is very inconvenient for me. All of the home games are way to Hell up in Orchard Park, and one is even on Monday night. And we play all these big, tough NFL teams, and half are on the damn road, in the other team's stadium.

Waaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Lecter
04-11-2007, 03:32 PM
wtf else are we supposed to talk about?

How Don Imus and Anna Nicole Smith will effect the Bills season.

Get your priorities straight.

patmoran2006
04-11-2007, 03:32 PM
The hardest (actually 2nd) schedule in the league isnt controlled, its a formula that's predetermined.

But what does suck is the league controls when we play whom, and I hate the way the schedule unfolded.. The first 5 games are ridiculous..

It gets a tad easier in the second half, but it may not even matter by then.

Ed
04-11-2007, 03:34 PM
I guess I just don't understand why some people seem so concerned. It's not like we didn't know exactly which 13 teams we were going to play this year. With all the good teams we have to play, it's not like we could have made it that much easier. We still have to play the games. And who's to say it's not to our advantage to play some tougher teams early when no one really knows what to expect, or you can catch teams off guard.

Plus, we really don't know who's going to be good this year, or what injuries are going to occur and when. Any team can go hot or cold at any point during the season. You just never know.

Dr. Lecter
04-11-2007, 03:37 PM
The hardest (actually 2nd) schedule in the league isnt controlled, its a formula that's predetermined.

They are tied with Oakland for difficulty of schedule.

Saratoga Slim
04-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Yes, we're that bored. This is the best thing we've had to talk about since Turner visited. And its only going to get worse once the draft is over.

But frankly, I was kind of interested in the schedule. That's reasonably big news. I don't feel like a lonely cyber geek for coming here to talk about it.

patmoran2006
04-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Until we have a new owner, a new GM and a pure committment to being a championship team.

This will consistently be a team that will do as bad as 4-12 with a ceiling to have a great run (or get luckY) and win up to 9 games.. that's the way it is and thats the way it will continue to be into the structure of the FO is totally different; starting from the top.

Jan Reimers
04-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Until we have a new owner, a new GM and a pure committment to being a championship team.

This will consistently be a team that will do as bad as 4-12 with a ceiling to have a great run (or get luckY) and win up to 9 games.. that's the way it is and thats the way it will continue to be into the structure of the FO is totally different; starting from the top.
Pat, I respect your posts, but I don't understand your failure to see the progress we've made in a very short time under Levy and Jauron. I think you're selling them short.

Night Train
04-11-2007, 04:21 PM
A golden opportunity to whine and gain attention ? How can some pass that up !

That's GOLD Jerry ! GOLD !

Saratoga Slim
04-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Pat, I respect your posts, but I don't understand your failure to see the progress we've made in a very short time under Levy and Jauron. I think you're selling them short.

What he said.

RockStar36
04-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Who gives a **** about the schedule. Quit whining.

BillsFever21
04-11-2007, 04:57 PM
This is just the annual "***** about the schedule" time of the year for Bills fans on every message board.

We knew who we had to play. Is it gonna make that much of a difference on when we play them? Should the NFL look out just for the Bills and make sure they can sugarcoat their schedule the best they can?

The NFL already took extra time to make sure we didn't have many home games in Novemeber and December because we couldn't sell them out and everybody was whining. How could you not want home games in Buffalo late in the year? The only fault lies with Buffalo not being able to sell them out. There are many other small market teams that sold out their games in crappy weather and around holiday times.

So now this year we have THREE lousy games in the 2nd half of the year. The only warm weather team we play at home in them games are Miami. The other two are the Patriots and Giants. I'm sure during the season when we're sitting 3-5 after the first half of our games(if we're lucky) everyone will be *****ing that we only have 3 more home games and only one against a warm weather team.

The schedule is what it is. There is no sense to sit here and complain about it every year it comes out. The NFL isn't just sitting back thinking about how they can screw us over with the schedule. We knew 5 years ago we would be playing these teams except for the two conference games against common finishers in their division.

How many teams in the NFL finished with 7 wins or more last year? There was about 22 or so teams that finished with 7 wins. Throw that in with the fact we have a tough division and it makes for very few gimmie games. We're not the only team who plays a bunch of teams that finished in the playoffs or just outside of them.

We play 7 games against teams that went to the playoffs last year. New England and the Jets twice along with the Eagles, Baltimore and the Giants. Four of the games we have no choice unless you think the NFL should exclude the Patriots from our schedule because it makes it tougher. Outside of that we only play 3 teams that went to the playoffs. The only way you can change that is to start beating the Patriots or what not and finishing better then them so they can sit home and watch the playoffs instead of us every damn season.

The rest of the games are against teams with 7-9 wins on the year which 23 of the teams in the NFL had last year. The only way you can get around that is if you think the NFL should just throw away the scheduling formaula and just let us play the top 8 teams with the worst record every year.

Everybody has games that look tough against teams that just missed the playoffs. We're not the only one. Good teams will win most of them games and split victories with the Patriots and Jets. Average teams will go up and down and win about 6 or 7 of them games. Bad teams will win less. We'll find out at the end of the season.

BillsFever21
04-11-2007, 05:00 PM
And if you look at the schedule we actually lucked out with our home games. We get Dallas, Cinci, Baltimore and the Broncos at home. We play the Browns and Redskins on the road. We also play the Jaugars and Eagles on the road. Only one of them teams made the playoffs last year.

RockStar36
04-11-2007, 05:03 PM
The schedule is what it is. The teams Buffalo plays each year is already pre-determined minus one or two games. So once again. What is the big flippin' deal?