• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twistmyarm
    anyone seen my 50 mission cap?
    • Dec 2002

future considerations

the great think tank in the Sabres organization has accepted the trade of Rob Ray for future considerations...meaning one of the Senators scout's kids play's for this mite team...and he thinks he shows great promise.

should pay off in about 18 years .....

what's next trading players for used puck bags?

Rigas may you burn in hell!!:rocket:
    I play real hockey...on the ICE, with a white helmet!
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

And just what did you think you were going to get in return for a old fighter who plays four minutes a game???

Better yet, you are the GM trying to get Ray...what are you willing to give up??

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• BironsGirl43
      Can suck a golf-ball through a garden-hose.
      • Oct 2002

That's the funniest thing ever!! lol.. you're right though.. future considerations end up being nothing really.. what a joke!
      ~*Let's go Buffalo*~

Comment

• keepdasabesinbuffalo
        • Dec 2002

it's just a vent....

I would have loved to see Razor end his career in Buffalo, and he may not be worth much in terms of trade, but in my mind..he was a leader in the locker room, a veteran...IMHO this team needs vetrans and leadership not more "oh this kid's gonna be great in five years" type of players.

I just hate to see him go and it was my way of expressing it so.....

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

vent...by all means, vent...but don't make it sound like the guy is the second coming. he was an asset in the locker room but he had zero trade value. it has been reported that the team discussed it on the plane home from Tampa and many players felt he should accept the deal because it will give him a chance at a cup. if he is so great does he not deserve that??

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ð
            1-800-SAD-GOAT
            • Jul 2002

The only cup Ray will ever see will be in his jockstrap. The Senators will not make it out of the playoffs AGAIN !

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

I didn't say they were going to win but they have a better chance than the Sabres.

Comment

• clumping platelets

We probably got another goalie

Comment

• keepdasabesinbuffalo
                  • Dec 2002

absolutley and if he wins it I'll cheer my a** off for him.

IMHO he's what a real NHL hockey player is all about, he took a pay cut to stay here, he contributed more to the community that any three players put together, and even though he only got 4 minutes a game when he played, you never heard about him whining about it on the TV or radio sports shows. He was a team player who loved the sport, not some overpaid cry baby, who whines that they will leave if they don't get things their way.....

And I hope he brings it back to Buffalo and flaunts it in front of the whole GM, coaching, and Sabres staff!!

because in the pseudo words of Jack Nicholson " this team needs an enema!"

We need a new coach, we need some seasoned vetrans, and we don't need more AHL prospects.

Hell if Rob Johnson can get a super bowl ring...why shouldn't Razor get a Stanley cup ring!

again all just my humble opinion

Comment

• MissBuffalo
                    Quiddity
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by keepdasabesinbuffalo
                    We need a new coach, we need some seasoned vetrans, and we don't need more AHL prospects.
                    I agree 100%!!!
                    See me here pushing you
                    If I then deny I do
                    Contemplate or wish away
                    If I ask you not to stay

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by keepdasabesinbuffalo

Who is going to pay for the coach and the seasoned veterans...Gratton, Barnes, Varada and Ray were all seasoned vets this team could not afford. Got any names to go with that suggestion??

Doesn't anybody understand that this team losses money every year?? One of the problems with Galisano's original bid is that he wanted to give Adelphia a promisary note to pay them $13 million if the Sabres became profitable. Adelphia balked. Why did they do that??? Because they know that in today's NHL the Sabres cannot make money.

Comment

• SkateZilla
                        • Dec 2002

Im Still waiting to See what we are gonna ger for HASEK->DET, WOOLEY->DET and some one else we traded early in the year for "future Considerations"

lol Pee wee Kids... they'll be hot in about 9 to 10 years.

My New opinion on this team is :
                        "DONT EXPECT A PLAYOFF WORTHY/CUP FINALS TEAM TILL ALL THE PLAYERS FINISH PUBERTY" a Quote of course by me.. lol.. spread the word..

actually some of the players Grieger mention about bringing up from AHL to replace some others had some potential.
                        Botterill should have stayed..
                        he got more points in 1 week than half the Players that have NHL contracts.
                        Skate Zilla
                        -----------------------
                        Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                        SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SkateZilla
                          Im Still waiting to See what we are gonna ger for HASEK->DET, WOOLEY->DET and some one else we traded early in the year for "future Considerations"

lol Pee wee Kids... they'll be hot in about 9 to 10 years.

My New opinion on this team is :
                          "DONT EXPECT A PLAYOFF WORTHY/CUP FINALS TEAM TILL ALL THE PLAYERS FINISH PUBERTY" a Quote of course by me.. lol.. spread the word..

actually some of the players Grieger mention about bringing up from AHL to replace some others had some potential.
                          Botterill should have stayed..
                          he got more points in 1 week than half the Players that have NHL contracts.
                          Anybody understand this at all??

Comment

• js °
                            • Mar 2003

yes

Comment

• keepdasabesinbuffalo
                              • Dec 2002

yes...it means we'd be better off trading for used puck bags than B.S.'ing the fans with "future consideration" claims!

it's kinda like " oh we can still be friends", or "I'll call you", or "sure I'll respect you in the morning"....sure it sounds good but we all know it's about as promising as trying to make a soup sandwich!

Comment

Working...
                              X