• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

What I think will happen with Turner

I think he will remain a Charger for now...

And when the Bills are on the clock at 43- Marv will call AJ Smith and tell him one more time, "either we'll give you this second rounder right here for Turner, or we're going to go ahead and draft Antonio Pittman in this spot right now"

What would really suck is if Pittman gets taken earlier; because I think he's far and away the 3rd best RB in this paper thin draft class.

If Marv plays hardball until the end, he might be able to get Turner for that second.. IMO< Turner is better than any RB in this draft outside of AP.

I'd give up next year's third (balt) too, but that's the most.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Saratoga Slim
    • Jul 2005

Re: What I think will happen with Turner

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    I think he will remain a Charger for now...

And when the Bills are on the clock at 43- Marv will call AJ Smith and tell him one more time, "either we'll give you this second rounder right here for Turner, or we're going to go ahead and draft Antonio Pittman in this spot right now"

What would really suck is if Pittman gets taken earlier; because I think he's far and away the 3rd best RB in this paper thin draft class.

If Marv plays hardball until the end, he might be able to get Turner for that second.. IMO< Turner is better than any RB in this draft outside of AP.

I'd give up next year's third (balt) too, but that's the most.
    or alternatively maybe we wait until 12, see if Willis is still on the board, and if he isn't, offer SD to swap 1st round picks.

I almost don't want #12 if Willis is gone, much rather see us trade down a bit.
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

we'll see if this changes. A month or so ago you though the bills were most likely to draft Lynch. A few days ago, it was more logical to draft Willis.

wonder what it is next week.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

the only way that a draft day trade would even remotely occurr is if the bills already have a contract in place for turner that turner has already clearly agreed to. they would not trade for a guy with one year left on his current deal.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

and again.. while i like pittman fine.. you are assuming that the bills do..

they may think he is a bag of crap for all we know.. they may love jackson.. or hunt, or bush, or booker, or leonard.. who even remotely knows at this point.

they may honestly feel that lynch is a much better fit for this offense because of his FAR SUPERIOR receiving ability.. he is head and shoulders a better receiver than anyone (including AP and Turner) in this draft or FA period... other than maybe Booker, who also had very very good hands.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

I think the Bills can survive without Turner.

We take Willis at #12, if Peterson doesn't fall to us, and Pittman at #2, and than call Chris Brown or Corey Dillon's agent and sign one of them and the media will have us as odds on favorte to win the Superbowl.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
              the only way that a draft day trade would even remotely occurr is if the bills already have a contract in place for turner that turner has already clearly agreed to. they would not trade for a guy with one year left on his current deal.
              Good point about the contract. I shoulda been considering that.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                we'll see if this changes. A month or so ago you though the bills were most likely to draft Lynch. A few days ago, it was more logical to draft Willis.

wonder what it is next week.
                Actually, Im fine with Willis, Lynch, or Turner.. I'm fine with almost anything we do unless it involves taking Leon Hall or ANY CB at #12--- Or Paul Posluszny.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                  If some of you people would just realize that Tatonka knows more than you, the board would be better off.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                    If some of you people would just realize that Tatonka knows more than you, the board would be better off.
                    wow.. are you taking a shot at me? what did i do to deserver that? do you disagree?

Comment

• clumping platelets

Swap of 1st rd picks is TOO MUCH...........

Comment

• jamze132
                        Don’t hate…
                        • Jun 2003

I actually like Tatonka's idea the best so far.

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

If the mediocre Pittman is the 3rd best RB in this Draft class ( I watched his entire Buckeye career ), then we better try harder for Turner.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

The details for the contract may have already been worked out and agreed to verbally between Turner and the team....the hold-up may simply be compensation to San Diego.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                              The details for the contract may have already been worked out and agreed to verbally between Turner and the team....the hold-up may simply be compensation to San Diego.
                              if that is the case.. then obviously a draft day deal is possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X