X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

McKown's agent wants trade...

Does this lead anyone to believe what direction Detroit is looking at in the draft if McKown's agent is pushing for a trade? Brady Quinn!

Thoughts...

McKown to Oakland, Oakland drafts CJ, Detroit drafts Quinn, Cleveland drafts Gaines Adams or trades down. I think that they grab more draft picks to fill holes and go after a stud RB next year with a better class. AP will slide down a bit.
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • jamesiscool
    suck it fool.
    • Feb 2007

Re: McKown's agent wants trade...

if this happens, how far would jamarcus russel drop?
    Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• McBFLO
      • Mar 2003

No further than Cleveland. Savage has been said to love Russell, especially since he's known him since high school.
      Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

I dont think it means Detroit wants Quinn; I think it means McKnown is frustrated being stuck behind Kitna; who Marinelli has named starter for 2007 (which could be a smokescreen for Quinn of course).

What WOULD make it interesting as you stated; is if Oakland went after McKnown.. that could push Russell to Cleveland at 3; which could actually start a ridiculous potential AP slide.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• bigbub2352
          • Feb 2005

Man i would luv for AP to drop to say like 7 or 8 and we trade up to get him
          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• jpdex12
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
            I dont think it means Detroit wants Quinn; I think it means McKnown is frustrated being stuck behind Kitna; who Marinelli has named starter for 2007 (which could be a smokescreen for Quinn of course).

What WOULD make it interesting as you stated; is if Oakland went after McKnown.. that could push Russell to Cleveland at 3; which could actually start a ridiculous potential AP slide.
            That is exactly what I am hinting at! WHy would Detroit want to get rid of McKown when they just picked him up less than 2 years ago? He hasn't had time to prove himself and Detroit needs depth at QB. I can easily see Detroit trading him to Oakland and Detroit grabbing Russell or Quinn and then Cleveland picks the one that Detroit doesn't get. This would make things very interesting in the 6-10 draft spots. Prepare yourselves gentlemen, we are going to see more movement in this draft than most expect.

Comment

• MVP
              Bring The Pain
              • Apr 2006

maybe because he went there to be a starter, and kitna is the starter? anything is said and you jump to conclusions, wtf!

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by jpdex12
                That is exactly what I am hinting at! WHy would Detroit want to get rid of McKown when they just picked him up less than 2 years ago? He hasn't had time to prove himself and Detroit needs depth at QB.
                The reason the McCown trade talk has happened is because his agent has told Detriot they want to be traded. He doesn't want to be a backup, and would welcome a trade to Oakland because it would give him a chance to play.

Also, even if he is traded to Oakland it doesn't necessarily mean Oakland will pick Calvin Johnson. Some are speculating that Oakland wants McCown to start this year so they don't have to rush Russell into the lineup. Russell is coming out as a Junior and is not considered NFL ready, despite his talent. Having McCown would allow the Raiders to let Russell sit a year, and the talk is they want McCown because they plan on drafting Russell.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

All I know is if AP got past Minnesota at 7, then it would start to get REALLY interesting..

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39
                    The reason the McCown trade talk has happened is because his agent has told Detriot they want to be traded. He doesn't want to be a backup, and would welcome a trade to Oakland because it would give him a chance to play.

Also, even if he is traded to Oakland it doesn't necessarily mean Oakland will pick Calvin Johnson. Some are speculating that Oakland wants McCown to start this year so they don't have to rush Russell into the lineup. Russell is coming out as a Junior and is not considered NFL ready, despite his talent. Having McCown would allow the Raiders to let Russell sit a year, and the talk is they want McCown because they plan on drafting Russell.
                    Thanks for the common sense, and for spelling McCown right.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Bills4Life34
                      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      All I know is if AP got past Minnesota at 7, then it would start to get REALLY interesting..
                      AP will not get past 5

Comment

• jpdex12
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by TigerJ
                        Thanks for the common sense, and for spelling McCown right.
                        You anal or what?

Comment

• jpdex12
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by MVP
                          maybe because he went there to be a starter, and kitna is the starter? anything is said and you jump to conclusions, wtf!
                          well, figure it out! What conclusion would you make when a mediocre QB wants to be traded from one crap team to another? Yeah Kitna will most likely be the starter at the beginning of the season this year, but why would the same coaching staff that is there bring in McCown and then trade him away after one year? THey are going after a QB in the 1st round. THat is all that I am saying. You care to specualte thatI'm wrong? I could give a **** what Detroit does, but it is interesting because of the direction of the draft depending on what Detroit and Cleveland do.

BTW, WTF right back at ya!

If I were Al Davis I think that it would make more sense drafting CJ and trading Moss as has been speculated. Then drafting Drew Stanton in round two. CJ, Porter, Curry, Gabriel, Stanton, Rhodes and Jordan. That's a decent stable of offensive players once they get an O-line before them.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by jpdex12
                            Kitna will most likely be the starter at the beginning of the season this year, but why would the same coaching staff that is there bring in McCown and then trade him away after one year?
                            Because they are rebuilding and want to stockpile draft picks. McCown wants to be traded and is only under contract for one more years. For Detriot it is better to have another draft pick than a solid backup QB.

Detriot may well draft a QB at #2, but if they do so it will have nothing to do with whether they trade McCown or not. Mike Martz loves Jon Kitna, so any QB they draft isn't going to play right away. If they end up dealing McCown it will be because they would love to recoup a pick.

Personally, I think Detriot would love to take OL or DL help. Mike Martz likes to take QBs later on and develop them. He doesn't have a history of working with highly-rated QB, rather he has a history of developing guys who were not highly regarded coming out of college (Warner, Bulger).

Comment

Working...
                            X