• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Bills Have Attractive Schedule

"Sen. Charles E. Schumer, D-N.Y., who lobbied NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on the Bills’ behalf to create a schedule that would prevent another season of blackouts, is pleased with the team’s 2007 slate.

“Ralph Wilson Stadium will see some great, prime-time football in 2007,” Schumer said in a statement. “I am happy that the NFL heard our concerns loud and clear, and made a schedule that should punt hated blackouts out of the ballpark.”
    ========================================================
    WTF.. Do we now have a Senator as the unofficial GM or something? If its not bad enough that Wilson whines to the league about everything else, we have a senator whining about our schedule set-up?

I really love the "punt hated blackouts out of the ballpark line".. Umm.. WINNING will punt hated blackouts out of the ballpark. !

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: Bills Have Attractive Schedule

It is also nice not to have 4 post-Thansgiving games in the Ralph. Thinking that had nothing to do with the lack of sellouts is stupid.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      It is also nice not to have 4 post-Thansgiving games in the Ralph. Thinking that had nothing to do with the lack of sellouts is stupid.
      I actually do agree this is an attractive schedule.. I think the first 5 games is kinda brutal and the league may be sticking it to us a tad trying to run us out of contention in the first month. But regardless, it is an attractive schedule..

I just find it pathetic that we need a Senator to lobby for a more "enticing" schedule setup because of blackouts. No wonder the league hates the Bills and we get stuck playing the Pats off a bye every year.

I dont care the time of season or the weather; if this team is exciting the fans they will sellout; and if not they wont.

Comment

• BAM
        • Sep 2003

Certainly one beast of a schedule.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
          • Jun 2005

Do you find something negative in everything in life also?

Comment

• Bulldog
            Top Dog
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
            I actually do agree this is an attractive schedule.. I think the first 5 games is kinda brutal and the league may be sticking it to us a tad trying to run us out of contention in the first month. But regardless, it is an attractive schedule..

I just find it pathetic that we need a Senator to lobby for a more "enticing" schedule setup because of blackouts. No wonder the league hates the Bills and we get stuck playing the Pats off a bye every year.

I dont care the time of season or the weather; if this team is exciting the fans they will sellout; and if not they wont.
            Home sellouts were a given during the "glory years" regardless of when the games were being played. I agree with Pat that a winning product is the biggest factor in weather or not the Bills can sell tickets. This schedule does look very promising from a ticket sales standpoint. And I don't really mind Schumer going to bat for the Bills. I'm all about anything that helps the Bills remain viable in Buffalo.
            I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Bulldog
              Home sellouts were a given during the "glory years" regardless of when the games were being played. I agree with Pat that a winning product is the biggest factor in weather or not the Bills can sell tickets. This schedule does look very promising from a ticket sales standpoint. And I don't really mind Schumer going to bat for the Bills. I'm all about anything that helps the Bills remain viable in Buffalo.
              I dont disagree, I just think its sad to need a Senator to lobby for a more enticing home schedule.

And I know this comes off as really mean; but I think for the Bills to be viable in Buffalo they need a new owner. Wilson's best days are LONG long gone-- and he escapes far too much of fan's wrath for a mediocre team this decade- due to his impressive loyalty to keep the team here.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Even during te glory years, Decembet games were not definite sellouts.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• njsue
                  Jersey Girl!!!!!!
                  • Sep 2003

The Bills have to sure up the Run Defense with Denver coming for the opener.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

I love Schumer being involved (although I hate his political persuasion), and I think he could be a real factor in keeping the Bills here. Good for him, for showing some real interest in the Bills - and good for Ralph for enlisting his help.

And, from the fans' standpoint, we have a great schedule.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• HAMMER
                      I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by BAM
                      Certainly one beast of a schedule.
                      I welcome it, this team is not a contender for anything more than an outside shot at a wild card game this year. It will make them that much stronger in 08' when we make our run to the SB!

Comment

• Statman
                        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Bulldog
                        Snow games were the best back then! People would load their trucks high with firewood and pallets and build enormous fires after the games. It was incredible fun! The playoff games were even better in the snow.
                        Facts speak louder than opinions

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                          • May 2003

I will be there. I think I am going up tomorrow to sign up and pay for tickets.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

One thing I noticed about the schedule, and maybe this has already been posted, but...

Every game but two (@ Jax and @ Fins) are easily drivable for WNYers. The farthest west we go is Cleveland, and the farthest south is DC. Other than the the Fla. games, you could get up early Sunday morning and make it to every other game.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                            X