• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Jon Beason

Is Jon Beason in the same league as Patrick Willis and Posluszny?

I have not heard a lot of talk abouot Beason but Mike Mayock has rated him the best LB in this draft, over Patrick Willis even.

How is Beason compared to Willis and Poz? Would you be happy/surprised if we take him in the first?

Discuss.
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Jon Beason

Personally, I like him a lot more than Pos, but not as much as Willis

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• bigbub2352
      • Feb 2005

Are we ready to take anothe Maimi player lol, that bein said he has all the tools to be an outstanding player, he ran a 4.6 40, and has size and makes plays i would not be oppossed of taking him if we traded down to get more picks
      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

I've heard a lot of reports that he may be a MLB in the NFL.

Thats what I love about Crowell; he can play either spot.. I'd prefer him right where he was last year; even if Jauron suggested he may be moved to the middle.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          I've heard a lot of reports that he may be a MLB in the NFL.

Thats what I love about Crowell; he can play either spot.. I'd prefer him right where he was last year; even if Jauron suggested he may be moved to the middle.

Why would he play in the middle he's consistently been an OLB at U of M and played there in HS. I have heard he would move inside if drafted to a 3-4 D team.

I consider Beason in near the same league as Willis. Willis has better intangibles (size, speed) but when it comes to play diagnosis, and hitting, they are on level playing field.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            Why would he play in the middle he's consistently been an OLB at U of M and played there in HS. I have heard he would move inside if drafted to a 3-4 D team.

I consider Beason in near the same league as Willis. Willis has better intangibles (size, speed) but when it comes to play diagnosis, and hitting, they are on level playing field.
            I'll be a lot happier with Beason that Pos..

Your right.. thats what I meant.. ILB, not MLB.. there is a difference.. My bad

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy

How's the character issue? I've read that he's been a defensive leader for Miami, but haven't seen much else about the guy off the field.
              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                • Jul 2002

From Scott Wright's Draft Countdown:

Strengths:
                Terrific athlete...Short but not necessarily small...Very good speed and quickness with a burst...Outstanding instincts and awareness...Is strong, physical and plays much bigger than he is...Solid tackler and a violent hitter...Has sideline-to-sideline range...Solid in coverage...Always seems to be around the action...Versatile with experience at all three (SAM, MIKE, WILL) linebacker positions...Has a motor that never stops...Fantastic leader with excellent intangibles...A great special teamer.

Weaknesses:
                Undersized and does not have the ideal height that you look for...Frame might be maxed out...Overly aggressive at times and as a result he will miss a few tackles and get fooled...Doesn't have real fluid hips...Not a great blitzer...Gets engulfed by massive blockers...Battled some injuries and durability is a legitimate concern.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
                  From Scott Wright's Draft Countdown:

Strengths:
                  Terrific athlete...Short but not necessarily small...Very good speed and quickness with a burst...Outstanding instincts and awareness...Is strong, physical and plays much bigger than he is...Solid tackler and a violent hitter...Has sideline-to-sideline range...Solid in coverage...Always seems to be around the action...Versatile with experience at all three (SAM, MIKE, WILL) linebacker positions...Has a motor that never stops...Fantastic leader with excellent intangibles...A great special teamer.

Weaknesses:
                  Undersized and does not have the ideal height that you look for...Frame might be maxed out...Overly aggressive at times and as a result he will miss a few tackles and get fooled...Doesn't have real fluid hips...Not a great blitzer...Gets engulfed by massive blockers...Battled some injuries and durability is a legitimate concern.
                  Sounds like a younger, less experienced Fletcher.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
                    How's the character issue? I've read that he's been a defensive leader for Miami, but haven't seen much else about the guy off the field.

This should tell you enough;

During the Miami-FIU brawl he was one of the only players pulling Miami guys away from FIU and trying to break it up. He is a very good character player.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                      Sounds like a younger, less experienced Fletcher.

Slightly bigger, and faster but similar...he also plays outside to Fletcher's inside
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• jamesiscool
                        suck it fool.
                        • Feb 2007

if willis is off the board and we can move down a few spots he sounds like he would be a great fit for this defense.
                        Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

I like Beason and Timmons of Florida St. a lot.

I'm not going to get into the whole value thing. You can't control who is picked ahead of you.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Bmax
                            • Aug 2003

i would n't be surprised at all....as a matter of fact i predict the bills will select him in rd 1 .. of course that could change if trades are made....

Bmax

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                              !?!?!?!?!?
                              • Mar 2006

he has decent size and i would definetly not have a problem drafting him....i would love for him to slip to the 2nd round that would be sickkkkk!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X