PDA

View Full Version : Is everyone comfortable with our FB situation?

bigbub2352
04-12-2007, 08:44 AM
We have not looked at any veteran options, we havent brought in young guys to tryout, and we dont have 1 on the roster...

are we looking to see what type Rb we get before we know if we want a FB or an H-back kinda like Brad Czeislak,

I am interested in Snelling from Virginia Tech, and obviously Brian Leonard

also for the tradition Fb i would luv Corey Anderson from Tenn, he is a beast

what do u think the Bills are doin here?

casdhf
04-12-2007, 08:45 AM
I think of the 52 players on the roster, the FB should be in the mid 40s as far as importance.

patmoran2006
04-12-2007, 08:47 AM
I really liked Griffith, but he signed with the Raiders.

As long as he can block, I dont care who it is; i don think we will use one all that much anyway

bigbub2352
04-12-2007, 08:49 AM
I guess it depends on what style of Rb we get, cause if we get like a A-Train type runner u need a FB, u get Lynch from Cali u dont need one so much

OpIv37
04-12-2007, 08:59 AM
We do need a better FB but good FB's can be found on the 2nd day of the draft.

bigbub2352
04-12-2007, 09:01 AM
We do need a better FB but good FB's can be found on the 2nd day of the draft.

I agree 100% unless we can get leonard somehow, otherwise u can get him with your 2 picks in the 7th or the pick in the 6th, both guys i mentioned would be there around then

SquishDaFish
04-12-2007, 09:05 AM
I dont think we need one or using one. How about ATrain and whatever rookie we bring in share time with some formations with both on field at same time.

Ed
04-12-2007, 09:10 AM
How much did St. Louis use a FB while Fairchild was there?

I can't imagine FB is going to play much of a significant role in our offense this year considering we don't even have one on the roster and don't even seem that interested to bring one in.

Maybe there's some late round gem that the Bills really like and feel will be perfect for our offense.

The Bills don't seem worried about it though, so I'm not either.

patmoran2006
04-12-2007, 09:14 AM
How much did St. Louis use a FB while Fairchild was there?

I can't imagine FB is going to play much of a significant role in our offense this year considering we don't even have one on the roster and don't even seem that interested to bring one in.

Maybe there's some late round gem that the Bills really like and feel will be perfect for our offense.

The Bills don't seem worried about it though, so I'm not either.
Going by the past month and a half; they dont seem too worried about RB, #2 WR, TE, CB or LB either.

SquishDaFish
04-12-2007, 09:20 AM
Maybe we go with no FB and carry and extra TE,WR,LB or CB on gameday.

bigbub2352
04-12-2007, 09:21 AM
We will still need a Big back for goaline and short yardage, if we dont get a FB

DraftBoy
04-12-2007, 09:22 AM
Three Words: Undrafted Free Agent

Ed
04-12-2007, 09:53 AM
Going by the past month and a half; they dont seem too worried about RB, #2 WR, TE, CB or LB either.
I don't know, they've at least talked about needing to get better at some of those positions and that they would be addressed somehow.

I don't remember hearing any mention of FB this off-season at all. Except to say that Shelton wouldn't be re-signed.

jpdex12
04-12-2007, 11:44 AM
We have not looked at any veteran options, we havent brought in young guys to tryout, and we dont have 1 on the roster...

are we looking to see what type Rb we get before we know if we want a FB or an H-back kinda like Brad Czeislak,

I am interested in Snelling from Virginia Tech, and obviously Brian Leonard

also for the tradition Fb i would luv Corey Anderson from Tenn, he is a beast

what do u think the Bills are doin here?

Gees, be careful bringing up the FB issue on this website. YOu might get lynched for it not being an important topic. I did a few weeks ago and we had a few tightwads voice their opinion as to who cares until the off season winds down. I think Anderson would be a great pick up on the second day.

The Answer
04-12-2007, 11:46 AM
I think of the 52 players on the roster, the FB should be in the mid 40s as far as importance.

Tell San Diego and Lorenzo Neal that.

FB is the most overlooked and undercredited position in football.

~The Answer

jpdex12
04-12-2007, 11:57 AM

~The Answer

I never thought that I would agree with The Answer on anything but you can't overlook the FB position if you want a strong running game. Remember the good FB's of Buffalo's past? Where can we find our next Carwell Gardner?

jamesiscool
04-12-2007, 11:58 AM

~The Answer

and one of the easiest poistions to fill.

The Answer
04-12-2007, 12:03 PM
I never thought that I would agree with The Answer on anything but you can't overlook the FB position if you want a strong running game. Remember the good FB's of Buffalo's past? Where can we find our next Carwell Gardner?

Exactly - The front office/scouts need to find The Answer a mean SOB that does nothing but lay people out - The Answer could care less getting carries, or catching passes - just find a true blocking machine.

~The Answer

Jan Reimers
04-12-2007, 12:03 PM
I guess I'm old school, but I like a fullback who can block, run for the occasional tough yard, and catch a pass or two as a safety valve. Unfortunately, FB has become almost a forgotten position on many teams.

I'd like to see us pick up a decent guy back there, to give us another weapon.

mikemac2001
04-12-2007, 12:05 PM

lets just sign some old ****ty FA's or could wait till draft and then patch up remaining holes after june cuts.

pintonick96
04-12-2007, 12:09 PM
I think the front office likes using Brad Cieslak as an H-Back/FB/TE type guy. I liked him when I saw him in there last year.

By the way, mikemac, get at me, I think we party with the same people.

HHURRICANE
04-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Shauld is bulking up so I think we are fine at FB.

The Answer
04-12-2007, 12:51 PM

:roflmao::lmao::lolabove:

~The Answer

G. Host
04-12-2007, 05:48 PM

That is like replacing a cannon ball with an enlarged BB.

SABURZFAN
04-12-2007, 08:13 PM
Exactly - The front office/scouts need to find The Answer a mean SOB that does nothing but lay people out - The Answer could care less getting carries, or catching passes - just find a true blocking machine.

~The Answer

don't forget Special Teams.that "mean SOB" gets to lay people out on Special Teams too.

SABURZFAN
04-12-2007, 08:14 PM

:laughter:

SABURZFAN
04-12-2007, 08:16 PM
I guess I'm old school, but I like a fullback who can block, run for the occasional tough yard, and catch a pass or two as a safety valve. Unfortunately, FB has become almost a forgotten position on many teams.

I'd like to see us pick up a decent guy back there, to give us another weapon.

where have you gone jim braxton?