PDA

View Full Version : Officials Send Message Early In Game 1s - WE Will Call Everything

SkateZilla
04-12-2007, 09:00 AM
well, Watched all three game ones.. and it appears the Refs Are gonna be whistle happy, even though both the Ottawa and Vancouver teams were blessed with multiple lengthy 5 on 3s, The Ottawa Game Was out of control in the 3rd Period,

1st, Crosby's Goal was rightfully disallowed..

K, After that Ottawa took over, and once they had a comfortable lead they were crosschecking and boarding penguins left and right.. There were 3 Blatant Hi Sticks, only 1 of them was called, and all 3 had blood drawn.

And Just to Cover Up what the Officials built they Called repeated Penalties on Ottawa for pretty much nothing, just o balance the PP opportunities... once the game was out of reach.

So, Lets Hope we Don't face a Canadian team 2nd Round... or in the Finals

Earthquake Enyart
04-12-2007, 09:03 AM
I agree with what I saw in that Sens / Pens game.

OpIv37
04-12-2007, 09:05 AM
The Sabres' penalty kill was great for the last 3-4 weeks of the season or so, but that's partly because they were taking a lot of penalties. In the last home game I think they had to kill off 8 or something insane like that.

So hopefully they'll have their composure when the puck drops tonight.

HHURRICANE
04-12-2007, 09:30 AM
The letter that game down from the head of officiating was "let them skate" so I'm confused by this thread. I watched 2 games last night and I didn't see anything that led me to believe otherwise. Ottawa was the better team last night for sure.

hammerbillsfan
04-12-2007, 09:37 AM
really? Vancouver had a 5-on-3 disadvantage in OT last night.
When was the last time you saw that?

:rolleyes:

GThirst
04-12-2007, 10:14 AM
really? Vancouver had a 5-on-3 disadvantage in OT last night.
When was the last time you saw that?

:rolleyes: They didn't. Dallas did. Dallas had 1 penalty in the Overtime periods. Mattias Norstrom for slashing in the first overtime. However, in the second overtime, Lucas Krajicek and Bieksa went to the box for high stickings about a minute apart. Creating a 5 on 3. THERE WAS NO VANCOUVER 5 ON 3. http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=Recap&gameNumber=171&season=20062007&gameType=3 The reffing was fair in that game. 8 Dallas Penalties, 7 Vancouver Penalties (both teams getting there helpings of 5 on 3, Dallas in the OT).

SabreEleven
04-12-2007, 10:44 AM
The letter that game down from the head of officiating was "let them skate" so I'm confused by this thread. I watched 2 games last night and I didn't see anything that led me to believe otherwise. Ottawa was the better team last night for sure.

"let them skate" doesn't mean you don't call any penalty's. It means don't let obstruction go. I hope the ref's in the Sabres games read that because that is the only way the Sabres can be stopped.

Meathead
04-12-2007, 10:58 AM
just keep callin em like you did all year boys and we will be fine

fortunately it appears the league clearly wants that so lets rawk

Carlton Bailey
04-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Ottawa got every call in the second round last year. The boys in blue and gold still sent them home in five games. I'm not worried about the officiating.

Philagape
04-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Question for conspiracy freaks ... Do you really think the NHL wants Ottawa to advance instead of Crosby?

pyrrhonist
04-12-2007, 12:16 PM
I watched the Dallas/Vancouver game after the Sharks game went off, and I saw Dallas get plenty of calls. As HBF said, they even had the 5-on-3 after the 2 high sticking calls. Other than Ribeiro doing his usual acting, I didn't see anything unfair about that, or any other officiating calls in that game..... :confused:

Earthquake Enyart
04-12-2007, 12:18 PM
When they say "let em skate", they really mean call every hook, hold and interference.

Hope we don't get nailed for diving.

kgun12
04-12-2007, 12:28 PM
This can only HELP the Sabres! We are built for speed and if teams know they are going to take a penalty for eveything, then one of 2 things happen. We are on the power play a lot or we skate right by their defensemen! Either way it is a win win. I LIKE IT!!! :dance:

SabreEleven
04-12-2007, 12:54 PM
Question for conspiracy freaks ... Do you really think the NHL wants Ottawa to advance instead of Crosby?

Bettman doesn't care who wins just as long as it's not Buffalo.

hammerbillsfan
04-12-2007, 02:43 PM
They didn't. Dallas did. Dallas had 1 penalty in the Overtime periods. Mattias Norstrom for slashing in the first overtime. However, in the second overtime, Lucas Krajicek and Bieksa went to the box for high stickings about a minute apart. Creating a 5 on 3. THERE WAS NO VANCOUVER 5 ON 3. http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=Recap&gameNumber=171&season=20062007&gameType=3 The reffing was fair in that game. 8 Dallas Penalties, 7 Vancouver Penalties (both teams getting there helpings of 5 on 3, Dallas in the OT).

I sais disadvantage, not advantage. There's a difference.