PDA

View Full Version : Andre Davis To Meet With Houston

gr8slayer
04-12-2007, 09:58 AM
The Texans will meet with free agent WR Andre' Davis on Thursday.
Houston is desperate for a No. 2 wideout. Davis made two grabs in 2006.

He might not be much of a WR but he sure made some good plays on ST's and he is one of the fastest people in the league. Hopefully we'll think about bringing him back.

justasportsfan
04-12-2007, 10:00 AM
I think his replacement is in this years draft.

OpIv37
04-12-2007, 10:03 AM
we don't need him- he was decent on ST but not irreplaceable.

Mr. Miyagi
04-12-2007, 10:04 AM
I had completely forgotten that we cut him.

patmoran2006
04-12-2007, 10:07 AM
We didnt cut him.. He's a FA

I am BAFFLED we havent brought him back yet.. This team takes a lot of pride on their ST's and he was one of if not the best ST on the team this season.

gr8slayer
04-12-2007, 10:08 AM
We didnt cut him.. He's a FA

I am BAFFLED we havent brought him back yet.. This team takes a lot of pride on their ST's and he was one of if not the best ST on the team this season.
That's what I was thinking.

justasportsfan
04-12-2007, 10:14 AM
the bills are probably offering him ST money minimum but he wants to play wr. I'd rather get Parrish more involved in the passing game than share snaps with Davis.

gr8slayer
04-12-2007, 10:15 AM
the bills are probably offering him ST money minimum but he wants to play wr. I'd rather get Parrish more involved in the passing game than share snaps with Davis.
Yeah, Parrish was really exciting in a few games last year.

justasportsfan
04-12-2007, 10:21 AM
Yeah, Parrish was really exciting in a few games last year.
He was grabbing everything JP threw to him at camp but hardly saw the field when season started. :idunno: The more chances he sees the field the more chances he can make plays like he did against the jets for a TD and when Jp scrambled and threw that TD to him. You can only cover Speedy Gonzales for so long. If our OL gives JP more time , getting jammed at the LOS is not gonna stop him.

He has so much untapped potential.

OpIv37
04-12-2007, 10:22 AM

I'm no Parrish fan but he is a bigger threat at WR than Davis.

gr8slayer
04-12-2007, 10:23 AM
He was grabbing everything JP threw to him at camp but hardly saw the field when season started. :idunno: The more chances he sees the field the more chances he can make plays like he did against the jets for a TD and when Jp scrambled and threw that TD to him. You can only cover Speedy Gonzales for so long. If our OL gives JP more time , getting jammed at the LOS is not gonna stop him.

He has so much untapped potential.
I wasn't being sarcastic. I like Parrish a lot and hope we do get him the ball more. He's lightning in a bottle.

gr8slayer
04-12-2007, 10:24 AM
I'm no Parrish fan but he is a bigger threat at WR than Davis.
Why not?

justasportsfan
04-12-2007, 10:25 AM
I wasn't being sarcastic..I know, I was just remembering those 2 plays both of which were like you said exciting.

gr8slayer
04-12-2007, 10:26 AM
I know, I was just remembering those 2 plays both of which were like you said exciting.
The return against the Jags was the best though for me.

justasportsfan
04-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Why not?
Size.

gr8slayer
04-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Size.
Moss, Steve Smith, Terry Glenn, Tory Holt, etc................... This is becoming a small WR's game now with all the new rules with the CB's.

OpIv37
04-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Why not?

Too small- he's gonna get crushed coming across the middle. And while he does some good things as a returner, he makes some bone-headed plays and sometimes tries to do too much.

Basically, Parrish can be effective if the play either calls for him to burn someone in coverage or gets him the ball with a lot of open space to make people miss. In traffic, he's too small to win jump balls or break tackles.

RockStar36
04-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Parrish pretty much proved in the Baltimore game that he can take a hit and hold on to the ball.

gr8slayer
04-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Too small- he's gonna get crushed coming across the middle. And while he does some good things as a returner, he makes some bone-headed plays and sometimes tries to do too much.

Basically, Parrish can be effective if the play either calls for him to burn someone in coverage or gets him the ball with a lot of open space to make people miss. In traffic, he's too small to win jump balls or break tackles.
Moss, Steve Smith, Terry Glenn, Tory Holt, etc................... This is becoming a small WR's game now with all the new rules with the CB's.

justasportsfan
04-12-2007, 10:33 AM
it's hard to snob his 2 td's in very limited time on the field and wonder if he can take a hit. As long as he's catching passes for 1st downs and forcing D's to woner were he is on the field , I'm all for it. Getting crushed is something that has yet to be proven.

Let's not forget the catch he made to save JP's ass against the texans(?) that won us the game. The more he sees the field the more chances of making plays.

HHURRICANE
04-12-2007, 11:08 AM

Totally agree here. Too small. However, he is serviceable if we can get a big WR in the draft, etc. We need a guy that can challenge for the balls.

BAM
04-12-2007, 11:19 AM
Parrish pretty much proved in the Baltimore game that he can take a hit and hold on to the ball.
I was gonna say the same thing. He got crushed a bunch of times last year and got right back up.

One of his hits even made the #1 JACKED UP.

I hope they use him a lot more this year. They need to.

TacklingDummy
04-12-2007, 11:27 AM
OMG, the sky is falling. The Bills didn't resign a WR who caught 2 passes for 13 yards last year.

3-13-06
Davis is a bum, has/never was been. He'll be lucky to catch 20 Balls this year for the Bills.

Great call Dummy :hi5:
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=94322&page=2&highlight=Davis+lucky+catch

gr8slayer
04-12-2007, 11:28 AM
OMG, the sky is falling. The Bills didn't resign a WR who caught 2 passes for 13 yards last year.

3-13-06

Great call Dummy :hi5:
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=94322&page=2&highlight=Davis+lucky+catch
You really went out on a limb there saying a number five WR would catch less than twenty balls. Come on.

gonzo1105
04-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Sign em Houston. I want a compensatory pick or two next year lol.

TacklingDummy
04-12-2007, 11:42 AM
You really went out on a limb there saying a number five WR would catch less than twenty balls. Come on.

The statement was made before training camp even started.

Davis was competiting against Reed, Parrish, and Price. For all anyone knew Davis could have been the Bills #2 WR at the time.

The Answer
04-12-2007, 11:57 AM
He might not be much of a WR but he sure made some good plays on ST's and he is one of the fastest people in the league. Hopefully we'll think about bringing him back.

Andre Davis = Scrub

If the Pats let him walk last year, despite having no WR's at the time, than you know he's not a quality player.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
04-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Andre Davis = Scrub

If the Pats let him walk last year, despite having no WR's at the time, than you know he's not a quality player.

~The Answer
I agree.

It's the same situation as , if the Browns let KH leave when they didn't have a qb and the bills traded him even though Nall is unproven, KH must be a scub.

Nice post Answer. :up:

gr8slayer
04-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Texans signed WR Andre' Davis to a one-year, $850,000 contract.
A second-round pick in 2002, Davis never got much better after a pair of decent seasons to begin his career. Houston should add multiple receivers in the draft, subjecting Davis to simply compete for a roster spot.