Have we Fallen in love with Willis's 40 time over his actual playing ability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Have we Fallen in love with Willis's 40 time over his actual playing ability?

I am seriously asking this question. I haven't really seen him play.
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: Have we Fallen in love with Willis's 40 time over his actual playing ability?

Well the talk really picked up after he ran his forty. I think people overrate strait line speed.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Re: Have we Fallen in love with Willis's 40 time over his actual playing ability?

Thanks for the input G8.

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
        Thanks for the input G8.
        Only saw the guy play one game so I'm not much help, I thought he was average but it was only one game.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

I think a majority of us have never even seen any of these guys play in more than a couple games. The most I have seen play is Poz in like 3 games in his entire career and he looked great to me.

Comment

• gr8slayer
            • Feb 2005

I think a majority of us have never even seen any of these guys play in more than a couple games. The most I have seen play is Poz in like 3 games in his entire career and he looked great to me.
            Now Poz I have seen play. He looks like a beast and he is a "Marv guy," thus I can see it happening.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

I only saw Poz in one game and he wasn't bad but he wasn't anything spectacular- or, to put it another way, I didn't see anything that made me think he's worth the 12th pick. However, it was only one game.

But the general consensus on him is that he never came all the way back from his injury.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mchurchfie
                • Jul 2002

I saw Willis's highlights and he looked pretty damn good to me. He looks like he sniffs plays out pretty good and goes sideline to sideline. He was pretty highly regarded before his forty time came out so I am sure there is more to him than just that.
                My Band
                daveviterna.com

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mchurchfie
                  I saw Willis's highlights and he looked pretty damn good to me. He looks like he sniffs plays out pretty good and goes sideline to sideline. He was pretty highly regarded before his forty time came out so I am sure there is more to him than just that.
                  Yeah but come on, you can find highlights of even the most average players that make them look amazing.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Willis is kinda small and you wonder if he can shed blockers.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                      Willis is kinda small and you wonder if he can shed blockers.
                      No smaller than Ellison and Crowell.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

He was a productive college player as well, it isn't just a workout guy.

However, you are right his draft stock has really risen based on his workout, making him go from a middle/late 1st rounder to a high first rounder. People are making him sound like Brian Urlacher, which might be a bit of a stretch. He workouts do show he is a good enough athlete to be a LB that can stay on the field in passing situations, which makes him more valuabe.

I think, in general, ILB aren't usually picked high in the first round. The guys that go that high are the pass rushers because there is such a premium on that skill. So, by that criteria he is probably being a little overrated. However, I think he has as good a chance of being a good NFL player as any prospect outside of Calvin Johnson, so it isn't like he would be a bad pick.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                          Now Poz I have seen play. He looks like a beast and he is a "Marv guy," thus I can see it happening.
                          I agree with this. POS has looked like a good player every time I have seen him play. I don't understand people putting him down. He is a good prospect.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by NE39
                            He was a productive college player as well, it isn't just a workout guy.

However, you are right his draft stock has really risen based on his workout, making him go from a middle/late 1st rounder to a high first rounder. People are making him sound like Brian Urlacher, which might be a bit of a stretch. He workouts do show he is a good enough athlete to be a LB that can stay on the field in passing situations, which makes him more valuabe.

I think, in general, ILB aren't usually picked high in the first round. The guys that go that high are the pass rushers because there is such a premium on that skill. So, by that criteria he is probably being a little overrated. However, I think he has as good a chance of being a good NFL player as any prospect outside of Calvin Johnson, so it isn't like he would be a bad pick.
                            Would you be more terrified if we drafted him?

Comment

• gr8slayer
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by NE39
                              I agree with this. POS has looked like a good player every time I have seen him play. I don't understand people putting him down. He is a good prospect.
                              If he was Black there would be no questions asked.

Comment

Working...
                              X