PDA

View Full Version : Are Bills fans really that sensitive?

Hammertime
04-12-2007, 11:52 AM
I've been reading it a lot lately that Bills fans and Buffalonians are sensitive babies that can't handle anything negative said about their team/city. Is this true? I'm from western New York and everybody i know seems to be able to handle criticism well. In fact, they dish it right back. They can hold their own in a football related argument with any other legit fan.

Who are these whiney *****es with the thin skin? Who wants to burn McGahee jerseys and write scathing rebuttles on signs to bring into the Ralph? Who flies of the handle whenever some makeup wearing poser from ESPN scoffs in our direction? Who pees their pants whenever somebody mentions the Patriots?

If any of those questions apply to you, let me tell you that it is time to man-up. Your Bills fan fore-fathers are rolling in thier graves whenever piss and moan. Our team once played their home games in a place called the Rockpile. We get three feet of snow dumped on us and still drive to work. We have the best hockey team in the NHL. Our heroes have names like Jim "Machine Gun" Kelly. We are the best tailgating venue in the league the ENTIRE SEASON.

If criticism bothers you, if ESPN gets your panties in a knot, if you are afraid of the New England Patriots then maybe you aren't cut out for this. Maybe you should be a Dolphins fan. Go pick out a cute little teal and orange jacket for yourself and leave the rest of us to discuss how Dick Jauron's team will be beating little Jay Cutler like a pimp to his ho in the opener. Godammit.

mikemac2001
04-12-2007, 11:53 AM
whats your problem bad mouthing us like that

Mr. Miyagi
04-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Godammit.
I was with you the whole post until you said that.

Now I'll have to ban you.

BAM
04-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Awesome.

Bunch of babies.

That burning of McGahee's jerseys was a joke.

patmoran2006
04-12-2007, 12:08 PM
I think generally Bills fans are tired of the losing; and the frustration boils over because the national media (and rightfully so) continues to blast this team.

People want to find positives about this team; but except for the most loyal homers, it's getting harder and harder. So rather than admit how bad this team is in comparison to the upper teams in the AFC, they lash out at the people locally and nationally who have nothing but bad things to say about them.

All I know is that for better or worse, I've counted no less than 6 vets who have left over the past couple of years that have had some unflattering parting shots for this franchise. Far too many for coincidence for me.

The homer response of course is they are past their prime, overpaid, etc. But the reality is this CURRENTLY is a franchise that very few people outside of Buffalo give two ****s about. Hopefully that will change, but that's the way it is right now.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-12-2007, 12:17 PM
I believe most Bills fans are tough and can take whatever anyone says. Then there are the very few that can't take it and they are the ones that speak out.

patmoran2006
04-12-2007, 12:19 PM
This organization is perceived League-Wide (maybe not in Buffalo but around the league) as a franchise that is more interested in saving a buck than winning a super bowl.

gr8slayer
04-12-2007, 12:20 PM
This organization is perceived League-Wide (maybe not in Buffalo but around the league) as a franchise that is more interested in saving a buck than winning a super bowl.
Yet we spent more money than anyone this off-season?

patmoran2006
04-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Then why are we still among the teams with the most amount of cap room in the NFL?

We didnt even spend "cash to cap" yet.. let alone come close to going over a real salary cap that the other 31 teams go by.

and BTW, your statement is inaccurate.. SF spent $80 million on Clements alone; and they signed three other starters on defense this FA.

and that's not to mention money we "saved" after day one of FA.. by trading McGahee, Spikes and Holcomb.

Jan Reimers
04-12-2007, 12:27 PM
I'm a Bills' fan and proud of it. I get really upset when they lose, but I buy my season tickets year after year, and never take crap from other teams' fans.

I see a great deal of improvement since Levy and Jauron came on board, and am looking forward to another great draft and a better regular season than 2006.

I think many posters here see it about the same way.

HAMMER
04-12-2007, 12:32 PM
I've been reading it a lot lately that Bills fans and Buffalonians are sensitive babies that can't handle anything negative said about their team/city. Is this true? I'm from western New York and everybody i know seems to be able to handle criticism well. In fact, they dish it right back. They can hold their own in a football related argument with any other legit fan.

Who are these whiney *****es with the thin skin? Who wants to burn McGahee jerseys and write scathing rebuttles on signs to bring into the Ralph? Who flies of the handle whenever some makeup wearing poser from ESPN scoffs in our direction? Who pees their pants whenever somebody mentions the Patriots?

If any of those questions apply to you, let me tell you that it is time to man-up. Your Bills fan fore-fathers are rolling in thier graves whenever piss and moan. Our team once played their home games in a place called the Rockpile. We get three feet of snow dumped on us and still drive to work. We have the best hockey team in the NHL. Our heroes have names like Jim "Machine Gun" Kelly. We are the best tailgating venue in the league the ENTIRE SEASON.

If criticism bothers you, if ESPN gets your panties in a knot, if you are afraid of the New England Patriots then maybe you aren't cut out for this. Maybe you should be a Dolphins fan. Go pick out a cute little teal and orange jacket for yourself and leave the rest of us to discuss how Dick Jauron's team will be beating little Jay Cutler like a pimp to his ho in the opener. Godammit.

I agree, most of these people have no idea what it was like to be a Bills fan in the 70's and early 80's. If they think the last ten years have been tough they would have thrown themselves off a bridge in the 70's. They certainly don't sound very manly do they?

patmoran2006
04-12-2007, 12:32 PM
I'm a Bills' fan and proud of it. I get really upset when they lose, but I buy my season tickets year after year, and never take crap from other teams' fans.

I see a great deal of improvement since Levy and Jauron came on board, and am looking forward to another great draft and a better regular season than 2006.

I think many posters here see it about the same way.
The few hundred posters on here; whether they love the team, hate the team.. Are a homer, realist whatever you want to call it.. one way or the other are PASSIONATE about the team in some way.

But for the majority of the hundreds of thousands of other Bills fans, or "casual" fans out there. They couldnt give two ****s about the Bills, they're tired of being a league-wide joke; many are tired of the way the team runs.. and it was evidenced at the box office by mid-season last year.

If anyone thinks attendance problems are NOT going to get worse when
1- A lot of "name" players identifyable to the average fan are gone.
2- Another sub-par season staring you in the face
3- Everyone cares about the Sabres and would rather spend their recreational money there.

If you think attendance wont get worse with those three factors UNLESS the team comes out the gates winning, you're absolutely crazy.

HAMMER
04-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Then why are we still among the teams with the most amount of cap room in the NFL?

We didnt even spend "cash to cap" yet.. let alone come close to going over a real salary cap that the other 31 teams go by.

and BTW, your statement is inaccurate.. SF spent $80 million on Clements alone; and they signed three other starters on defense this FA.

and that's not to mention money we "saved" after day one of FA.. by trading McGahee, Spikes and Holcomb.

You do realize that we have a few players that need to be resigned next year and that cap room will be needed? You can't spend all your money now and screw yourself later.

Jan Reimers
04-12-2007, 12:54 PM
you're absolutely crazy.
Can't argue with you there. This will be my 48th year of being a Bills' fan and, despite all the ups and downs, the heartaches and disappointments, I still love them.

I must be nuts.

feldspar
04-12-2007, 01:00 PM

**** you.

justasportsfan
04-12-2007, 01:08 PM
whats your problem bad mouthing us like that
maybe he's from tulsa

PromoTheRobot
04-12-2007, 01:28 PM

Maybe they don't want to piss away all their money right off the bat just to please media jag-offs.

If it were just a little criticsm, I wouldn't care. But Buffalo gets pounded relentlessly by people who barely pay attention to the team. It's beyond criticism at this point. It's just hurtful and meant to hinder the team from attracting quality players, in my opinion.

PTR

BAM
04-12-2007, 01:34 PM
**** you.
http://mysite.mweb.co.za/residents/dugeot/prozac.jpg http://home.socal.rr.com/kfa/images/kleenex.jpg

feldspar
04-12-2007, 01:36 PM
http://mysite.mweb.co.za/residents/dugeot/prozac.jpg http://home.socal.rr.com/kfa/images/kleenex.jpg

I know. I know. You are the kind of guy who thinks it's fun to deliberately get on someone's nerves, right?

BAM
04-12-2007, 01:43 PM
Nah not at all.

It just takes significantly less to jerk my chain than most others I suppose.

IMO the whole McGahee thing was blown way out of proportion.

jamze132
04-13-2007, 04:06 AM
I thought is was a pretty sick idea to have a "jersey burning". It kind of reminded me of something called the holocaust.

LtBillsFan66
04-13-2007, 05:32 AM

:bf1:

Night Train
04-13-2007, 05:38 AM
they would have thrown themselves off a bridge in the 70's.

Don't discourage them from doing it now. I welcome their swan dive.