PDA

View Full Version : Lastest Bills mock picks.. Surprise, surprise?

patmoran2006
04-12-2007, 12:04 PM
Not to suggest these guys aren't going to be solid players, but in my latest mock draft I got the Bills taken a couple of.. Let's call them surprises.

I havent put it out there yet because I haven't finished the write ups, but as of right now this is who I have the Bills taking on day one of the draft. Mind you, a lot of **** can happen before the draft with trades or FA signings (though doubtful on the Bills end) that could shake up the picks. But for now anyways, this is what I got..

1- (12) Jon Beason: I think you're going to see a repeat of last year. Last year Marv was taking safety no matter what. When Huff was gone, we took the next best guy on the board (Whitner). This year LB is the clear cut top need. I think Willis will be gone (SF) before Buffalo picks. WHen they are on the clock, I think the pick is going to be Beason; who could fit into this defense very well. The pick will be called a "reach"- Kiper and MOrt will probabl lose their mind, saying we could've gotten him 7-8 picks later; and they'll probably be right. But IMO Beason is easily the 2nd best LB in the draft, and the club won't take any chances. Expect a ton more criticism nationally after this pick.

2 (43) Kenny Irons, RB : Dont' ask me why. But I got Buffalo taking Irons in round two over Pittman, even though Pittman is still on my board. There's just something that I like about Irons, and something I dont like about Pittman. This pick could easily (hopefully) traded for Turner, but if they keep it I think they will take Irons before Pittman.

3 (74) Earl Everett, LB : A good LB for a cover two. At worst he'll be a solid backup giving the unit depth. At best, he could challenge and eventually overtake Ellison for the starting WLB job.

4 (92) Jacoby Jones, WR: Love this dude.

TacklingDummy
04-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Who's your Mock Draft going to have the Bills taking tomorrow?

patmoran2006
04-12-2007, 12:13 PM
If I had my way at this point of the draft and Willis is gone.

I'd trade down to Cinci at 19 or NYG at 20.

Both of those teams would love to get Leon Hall and he will be on the board at 12.. We could pick up a 1st and a 2nd for our 1st and 4th (trade value chart) and still get Beason, Pos, or Timmons at LB.

I got Beason at 12 now cause I never include trades in my mock.

gr8slayer
04-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Lets see yours.

patmoran2006
04-12-2007, 12:16 PM
that's stupid.. Show me a mock ANYWHERE that doesnt change weekly with trades and FA moves...

TacklingDummy
04-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Lets see yours.

I haven't made one.

I've stuck to Marv drafting the best LB or RB he feels is available.

My sleeper pick is the best WR available.

TacklingDummy
04-12-2007, 12:30 PM
that's stupid.. Show me a mock ANYWHERE that doesnt change weekly with trades and FA moves...

Im not making fun of Mock Drafts. I was being sarcastic about how your opinion changes ever other day.

Enter justa..

patmoran2006
04-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Tick.. tock.. tick.. tock

bigbub2352
04-12-2007, 12:36 PM
Not to suggest these guys aren't going to be solid players, but in my latest mock draft I got the Bills taken a couple of.. Let's call them surprises.

I havent put it out there yet because I haven't finished the write ups, but as of right now this is who I have the Bills taking on day one of the draft. Mind you, a lot of **** can happen before the draft with trades or FA signings (though doubtful on the Bills end) that could shake up the picks. But for now anyways, this is what I got..

1- (12) Jon Beason: I think you're going to see a repeat of last year. Last year Marv was taking safety no matter what. When Huff was gone, we took the next best guy on the board (Whitner). This year LB is the clear cut top need. I think Willis will be gone (SF) before Buffalo picks. WHen they are on the clock, I think the pick is going to be Beason; who could fit into this defense very well. The pick will be called a "reach"- Kiper and MOrt will probabl lose their mind, saying we could've gotten him 7-8 picks later; and they'll probably be right. But IMO Beason is easily the 2nd best LB in the draft, and the club won't take any chances. Expect a ton more criticism nationally after this pick.

2 (43) Kenny Irons, RB : Dont' ask me why. But I got Buffalo taking Irons in round two over Pittman, even though Pittman is still on my board. There's just something that I like about Irons, and something I dont like about Pittman. This pick could easily (hopefully) traded for Turner, but if they keep it I think they will take Irons before Pittman.

3 (74) Earl Everett, LB : A good LB for a cover two. At worst he'll be a solid backup giving the unit depth. At best, he could challenge and eventually overtake Ellison for the starting WLB job.

4 (92) Jacoby Jones, WR: Love this dude.

I like the pick of Jacoby Jones but i think we would need to grab him with one of our 3's, i to think it might be Beason especially if Willis is gone, i think i would take Pittman over Irons, just cause Irons fell off alot his senior year, Pittman is from OSU and u know how we luv the guys from there!, Everett in the 3 rd would be solid, i like Durant form Hampton there too if he is not taken earlier

patmoran2006
04-12-2007, 12:37 PM
Your right.. that 4 was supposed to be a 3.. (92nd pick I got listed).

Someone else on this board likes him a lot too.. I cant remember who. I think it may be Tatonka

Earthquake Enyart
04-12-2007, 12:37 PM
http://www.flags.co.uk/infolive/include/img/windsock.gif

HAMMER
04-12-2007, 12:38 PM
I read the Steelers (15)have a lot of interest in Beason, so if we want him, we may have to take him at 12. I would love to be able to trade back and get an extra second though.

patmoran2006
04-12-2007, 12:39 PM
Yep.. The Steelers are almost certain to go heavy on defense on draft day.

They need a LB, and they also need a CB..

Even though I despise Leon Hall.. If marv plays his cards right AND Willis is gone (you dont trade down if he's there-take him)-- We could still get Beason and another day 1 pick.

bigbub2352
04-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Your right.. that 4 was supposed to be a 3.. (92nd pick I got listed).

Someone else on this board likes him a lot too.. I cant remember who. I think it may be Tatonka

Right ok i thought 92 was still in the 3rd lol, anyway i would not be mad at these guys at all coming to Buff

justasportsfan
04-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Im not making fun of Mock Drafts. I was being sarcastic about how your opinion changes ever other day.

Enter justa..

:movie: