PDA

View Full Version : Andre Davis signs with Texans

BILLSROCK1212
04-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Texans | A. Davis signed
Thu, 12 Apr 2007 14:19:15 -0700
ESPNews reports the Houston Texans (http://www.kffl.com/team/18/nfl) have signed unrestricted free-agent WR Andre' Davis (http://www.kffl.com/player/479/nfl) (Bills). Terms of the contract were not disclosed

Night Train
04-12-2007, 04:40 PM
A collective yawn was heard from BZ Thursday afternoon...

jamesiscool
04-12-2007, 04:58 PM
A collective yawn was heard from BZ Thursday afternoon...

:rofl:

he was a damn good special teams player but if he couldnt produce on the bills roster with the WR's we have that says sumthin.

justasportsfan
04-12-2007, 05:04 PM
So who's our gunner now, Wire? Aiken?

gil
04-12-2007, 05:05 PM
good for him - maybe he'll get a chance to catch some balls from Matt "Rob Johnson" Schaub

Night Train
04-12-2007, 05:06 PM
:rofl:

he was a damn good special teams player but if he couldnt produce on the bills roster with the WR's we have that says sumthin.

He was super on ST's...But isn't everyone growing tired of a roster with 12-15 ST aces who can't backup their assigned position worth a damn ?

Our starters get hurt and these backup guys play like they've never seen this position during their entire life. WTF ?

patmoran2006
04-12-2007, 05:07 PM
So of course he's garbage because he's gone.

Yet funny, when we eventually sign 2-3 special team scrubs, they will be considered great special team signings here. Like some 4th string LB from Detroit.

He was a big time asset to our special teams, I dont understand this at all.

G. Host
04-12-2007, 05:42 PM
Maybe we can get Eric Moulds to take his place.

gil
04-12-2007, 05:48 PM

Yet funny, when we eventually sign 2-3 special team scrubs, they will be considered great special team signings here. Like some 4th string LB from Detroit.

I looked in the thread - no one said he was garbage and the other posters seemed to share your assessment of his ST prowess.

I think he'll get a chance to play offense in houston - good for him.

mikemac2001
04-12-2007, 05:50 PM

cant sign everyone and after we draft a wr most likely wouldnt have spot on roster

!Papacrunk!
04-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Wasn't he supposed to be the super speeder that was supposed to change the Bills offense?

HHURRICANE
04-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Wasn't he supposed to be the super speeder that was supposed to change the Bills offense?

Close. Big speed guy that was under utilized in New England.

Truth: every sucky player we have is a great special teams player. The guy couldn't break into a starting role, and that's sad. Kind of like Coy Wire and Josh Stamer.

John Doe
04-12-2007, 07:58 PM
Davis' main contribution to special teams was to force fair catches in punt coverage (all told he was credited with only 3 assisted tackles for the entire season). He had a lot of help from the gunner on the other wing (usually Jabari Greer or Sam Aiken).

On offense he had a total of 2 catches for about 12 yards.

He is a nice player to have around because of his speed, but he is very replaceable at a lower cost.

Mr. Pink
04-12-2007, 08:02 PM
This guy was someone with a ton of potential out of VA Tech, drafted highly by Cleveland, showed glimpses of his potential...but then never could stay healthy. Apparently rested on his laurels in Cleveland and lost his roster spot to an undrafted FA QB turned WR.

After that he got traded to NE. And NE is all about guys who can contribute in more than one facet of "team." When NE didn't keep him, the writing was on the wall about his value and ability.

I'm honestly shocked that someone bothered signing him at this point in time.

Congratulations Andre on getting a paycheck out of another sucker.

Ickybaluky
04-12-2007, 08:11 PM

He suffered a calf injury after the trade and never really caught up in NE. He had one memorable long pass he caught, but otherwise didn't do much.

YardRat
04-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Good for Davis...I hope he does well in Houston and takes advantage of the situation to contribute more to the Texan's offense than he was able to here. Goos for their ST's, too.

gr8slayer
04-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Whoever said that had their head way up their ass. He might be one of the fastest guys in the league but I doubt anyone here thought he was going to change the way we ran our Offense. I think you have Davis confused with the Dolphin killer Lee Evans.

!Papacrunk!
04-12-2007, 08:53 PM

Truth: every sucky player we have is a great special teams player. The guy couldn't break into a starting role, and that's sad. Kind of like Coy Wire and Josh Stamer.

Good point, but on the other side, having a great Special Teams Unit doesn't happen by mistake

!Papacrunk!
04-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Whoever said that had their head way up their ass. He might be one of the fastest guys in the league but I doubt anyone here thought he was going to change the way we ran our Offense. I think you have Davis confused with the Dolphin killer Lee Evans.
lol, I think I'm a bit familiar with this Leigh Evins guy. I mean he's the guy that had 3 TDs against us in one quarter.

gr8slayer
04-12-2007, 08:55 PM
lol, I think I'm a bit familiar with this Leigh Evins guy. I mean he's the guy that had 3 TDs against us in one quarter.
Wow, you didn't even try to make up an excuse like your boy FTP. Impressive.

Ickybaluky
04-12-2007, 08:56 PM
I wouldn't say he was underutilized in NE.

He missed 3-4 games with a calf injury right after the trade and never really got caught up. It is hard enough to learn a new system (especially one like the Pats which relies heavily on option routes), but missing time to injury on top of that pretty much makes it impossible.

SABURZFAN
04-12-2007, 09:11 PM
Texans | A. Davis signed
Thu, 12 Apr 2007 14:19:15 -0700
ESPNews reports the Houston Texans (http://www.kffl.com/team/18/nfl) have signed unrestricted free-agent WR Andre' Davis (http://www.kffl.com/player/479/nfl) (Bills). Terms of the contract were not disclosed

what did he do when he was here? :huh:

Michael82
04-12-2007, 11:45 PM
This should help us finally get a comp pick! We now lost 4 free agents and signed only 3.

gr8slayer
04-12-2007, 11:48 PM
what did he do when he was here? :huh:
Other than being a great STer? Nothing.

gonzo1105
04-13-2007, 01:08 AM
This should help us finally get a comp pick! We now lost 4 free agents and signed only 3.

Yea thats what I'm hopin for hopefully a 5th rounder or so since the contracts we gave werent anywhere near equal the contracts our guys got on the open market. Just give me picks for next year ...c'mon Daimon Shelton our last remaining FA on the market sign with someone and us not sign anyone else lol.

patmoran2006
04-13-2007, 11:16 AM
I was hoping he'd resign.
Blow to the ST.

Davis was our best gunner; and with Toast McGee now the #1 corner; we dont have a kick returner either.

Jesus, at least we used to sign a ton of good ST players; we dont even bother to do that anymore.. Or are we getting those in the draft with about 14 other things?

Dont drink the water
04-13-2007, 11:48 AM
Wow, you didn't even try to make up an excuse like your boy FTP. Impressive.

Calling FTp his bou is like calling "The Answer" your boy. Trolls are Trolls no matter what color they come in.

justasportsfan
04-13-2007, 11:52 AM

Well Pat Moran thought is was a good hire for our Pass O.

gr8slayer
04-13-2007, 11:55 AM
Calling FTp his bou is like calling "The Answer" your boy. Trolls are Trolls no matter what color they come in.
I'd rather listen to The Answers mularkey all day long than listen to FTP's excuses.

raphael120
04-13-2007, 12:03 PM
perhaps we are clearing room for a WR that has some use in the actual OFFENSE...come on, marv, draft us a tall ass WR

patmoran2006
04-13-2007, 12:41 PM
Same deal he had with Buffalo last year.. I think he was worth it for ST alone.
Texans | A. Davis contract update
Fri, 13 Apr 2007 09:40:06 -0700
Updating a previous item, <A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/190">Megan Manfull, of the Houston Chronicle (http://www.kffl.com/link/140), reports the Houston Texans (http://www.kffl.com/team/18/nfl) signed free-agent WR Andre' Davis (http://www.kffl.com/player/479/nfl) (Bills) to a one-year, $850,000 contract.