NHL.com Article about Thurman Thomas and the Sabres!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackMetalNinja
    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
    • May 2005

NHL.com Article about Thurman Thomas and the Sabres!

The official National Hockey League website including news, rosters, stats, schedules, teams, and video.

Thomas ready to run to daylight with Sabres
    Randy Schultz | NHL.com correspondent Apr 11, 2007, 12:00 PM EDT
    Thurman Thomas was a regular at Sabres' games during his tenure with the NFL's Buffalo Bills.
    Back in late March, Thurman Thomas was in Buffalo visiting his father-in-law, Bob Mariacher, who was recovering nicely after a bout with encephalitis. While in town the newest member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame decided to take in a Sabres game. The Sabres honored Thomas at the game by presenting him with a Sabres jersey with Thomas’s name as well as his No. 34 that he made famous with the Buffalo Bills.
    Going to a Sabres game is nothing new to the former running back, considering he was a regular at their hockey games while a member of the Bills for 12 seasons (1988-1999). In fact, Thomas is one of the Sabres’ biggest fans, even to this day while residing outside of his home in Orlando, Florida.
    Interestingly enough, Thomas’ hockey roots go back to his days growing up outside of Houston.
    “It was back in Houston when they had the Aeros of the old World Hockey Association,” recalled Thomas, a five-time Pro Bowl selection as well as rushing for over 1,000 yards for eight consecutive seasons (1989-96). “That is when I actually heard about hockey for the first time.
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Re: NHL.com Article about Thurman Thomas and the Sabres!

ha, dixon ward... now that is funny!

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

A black guy growing up in Houston in the 1980's watching hockey? I've officially seen everything.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• blackonyx89
        HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
        A black guy growing up in Houston in the 1980's watching hockey? I've officially seen everything.
        Too bad he never played hockey professionally. He would've been great!!!
        Thurmanator SCOOOOORRRES!!! Top shelf where momma hides the cookies!!!
        Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

Working...
        X