PDA

View Full Version : Why do all fans and analysts apear to...

jpdex12
04-13-2007, 06:42 AM
assume that Oakland will pass on CJ?

I have not heard from many that think that Oakland will go for CJ. In another thread I mentioned Oakland could grab CJ with the first and go after Drew Stanton in the second. He has a good vertical passing arm and is accurate and this would give them options to pedal Moss if they wanted to and not be hurting at WR. THey could also draft CJ and trade him for a boat load of picks like SD did with NYG for Eli.

Jan Reimers
04-13-2007, 07:12 AM
Because Andrew Walter is their alleged QB?

Ickybaluky
04-13-2007, 07:32 AM
Because of Al Davis.

Al Davis loves big, strong-armed QB and he is said to look at Jamarcus Russell as his John Elway. Supposedly, there are others in the Raider's front office that would rather take CJ than take a QB that high, but Davis is the guy who will make the final decision.

That may be all crap, since Davis is unpredictable and might be putting up a smokescreen. However, the reason that Russell is being so heavily tied to the Raiders as the #1 overall is because the consensus is that Al Davis is enamored with him.

casdhf
04-13-2007, 08:42 AM
I thought Davis hated first round QBs. I know that Todd Marinovich thing turned out well for them.

patmoran2006
04-13-2007, 08:47 AM
I still think they may take CJ.

I think what happens with McKnown over the next week or so will be huge.

If they really need a QB that bad but love CJ that much; they can take CJ in round one and go with Stafford of Edwards in round two.