Who else thinks we should just pay Hollis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Who else thinks we should just pay Hollis?

I don't understand why TD is playing games with our kicking game. Hollis has been accurate for us last season, and he's not even asking that much money. We're paying Spikes over $5 million a year, and even Eddie Robinson is getting paid $900K salary.

Hollis is asking last I checked $1.3 million a year, something like a $700K pay increase. We have $10 million in cap room so why not just pay the guy his due, bring him back and have the kicker spot secured, instead of messing around with interviewing some other less accurate less reliable reject from other team kickers, all for saving no more than $1 million?

I know in real life that's a lot of money, but it's NFL money we're talking about here. It's like monopoly money to us.
  • jchild178
    • Mar 2003

i agree but i just think hollis wants that kinda money because of what the redskins gave John Hall

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
      Expert on Experts
      • Jul 2002

on the one hand I see your point, but on the other hand, I like tha the isn't taking the "we have cap room, just pay people" attitude yet. Jut because we have room doesn't mean it's smart shell out all kinds of dough to people.

that being said, I'd feel more comfortable if our kicking game were taken care of.

Comment

• AndyC34
        Kenny & The New Era Bills Fans
        • Mar 2003

I feel we should solve our kicking situation as soon as possible, but Tom has earned my trust over the last few seasons. He must know something we don't about our kicker choices - whether it be the draft or FA's. The only flaw Tom has had since being with this organization is dealing with kickers (Arians, Graham), so I don't believe he is going to mess up again and eventually deal out a compromised amount of money to Hollis!

And there has been no info. of Hollis shopping around.
        Go Bills 19-0

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Just pay the man already. One less position to be the weak link.

Comment

• Billz_fan
            • Jan 2003

I think Hollis is a good FG kicker. Love for him to stay. The bad news is he had 2 touchbacks last season

If he wants middle of the road money then sign him. If he wants top dollar for kickers he needs to find the end zone a little more on kick offs.
            The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Cntrygal
              Visually stunning but camera-shy.
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billz_fan
              I think Hollis is a good FG kicker. Love for him to stay. The bad news is he had 2 touchbacks last season

If he wants middle of the road money then sign him. If he wants top dollar for kickers he needs to find the end zone a little more on kick offs.
              I can live with some touchbacks, since he's pretty accurate with the FG's.... I can't live the the kick returns for TD's though.....

I wish we'd just sign him.
              Originally posted by notacon
              The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• lunatic_bills_fan
                • Oct 2002

I think our Kicker may even play a bigger role this year, mostly due to the fact with a better defence on the feild, we may be able to play feild position a little more and have much more chances at least for the 3 pointer (hopefully 7). It would be a lot nicer though to have a kicker that pins them deep on opening kicks. Heck, give it to Mooreman, now that dude can kick.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                  • Jul 2002

I agree that Hollis may not be the greatest KO kicker we could have, but he is one of (if not the BEST) FG kickers we have had in the last couple of years...we need a solid, reliable kicker for FGs in the 30-45 yd range. Hopefully, our O won't die in the Red Zone like it did last year.....

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

Kickers are a dime a dozen and Hollis can't kick-off. He isn't worth paying top dollar for a kicker who is only 50% there. It would be pathetic to have one of the top paid kickers in the league and have him kicking off to the ten yard line every time. Get real people the kick-offs are increadibly important.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                      • Jul 2002

Typ0 you're crazy...kickers are not a dime a dozen...remember Arians and Graham? Would you want them back, certainly not! I do agree with the kickoffs being important, but he is an extremely good kicker and we should sign him. If he is signed it will probably be somewhere in the middle of he wants and what the Bills want to pay.

Comment

• Brian H
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Nov 2002

Look at the Minnesota game he basically won the game for us.He's to valuable in my mind sign him quick......
                        ProFootballCentral.com

Comment

• PA Season Ticket Holder
                          You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
                          • Jul 2002

If he's not going overboard, then I say we should sign him now. We are building a good team, and we can't take the chance of a kicker losing us games. A kicker is just as important as every other positons. Hell it's more important then most of them.

There aren't any other kickers left either. We can't bring in some scrub off the streets to come kick for us.

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home

Comment

• Billz_fan
                            • Jan 2003

I am all for bringing him back at the proper price. He is asking for what 1.3 million ?

He was 40/40 on extra points

He was 25/33 on field goals or 75%

On kickoffs in the whole NFL we were like 5th from the bottom. Our average kickoff after return was 58.7

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

How much over a million is this guy worth TD is balking and with good reason. If there aren't any good kickers left for us to get must be most of the teams got themselves a kicker also
                            Last edited by Billz_fan; 03-11-2003, 09:26 PM.
                            The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Doc
                              • Dec 2002

The lack of interest in Hollis is staggering. Don't worry folks. Hollis' price will come down seeing as nobody is interested in him.

Comment

Working...
                              X