• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

If you could trade...

If you could trade right NOW Donte Whitner and John McCargo and in return get Haloti Ngata and Nick Mangold, would you make the trade?

Mangold already looks a pro bowler and so does ngata.. we passed on both of them.

I understand NO TEAM makes the BEST pick every time, but the best teams make the MOST best picks...... I'm tired of hearing about how wonderful our draft was last year, and this is coming from someone who spent a lot of time defending it. (flipflopflipflip- isnt that right Justa AKA Rah Rah)

Our day two picks were amazing; perhaps combined the best in the NFL.

But our weakness last year was EACH side of the line, and we left a monster in the middle on the board with both our first rounders.

Ko Simpson, Kyle Williams, Keith Ellison, Terrence Pennington.. Man, for day two of a draft that's unbelievable.

But overall we got very little from our day one picks.

Whitner was productive (which he better be at 8) but didn't have any games where you said "holy ****, this guy is going to be amazing"

McCargo did little before getting hurt, plays Tripplett's position and now he's gotta try to bulk up to play the NT. If we're in a goaline defense someone like Mangold is going to drive him into the 7th row.

Youboty.. no comment.

Now our day one picks may emerge, Whitner and McCargo and Youboty may become great players.. but until they do, quit talking like this was the greatest draft in history or something..

I actually think its quite sad that on a whole our day two picks were better than our day one guys.

Now "Groan" Away for expressing an opinion that's not homerrific.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: If you could trade...

I am a huge fan of both.

Id probably have kept Whitner and drafted Mangold. When the trade was announced I was convinced that was who we were taking.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Mudflap1
      Next Question!
      • Nov 2004

Ask me again this time next year. I'm not ready to declare anyone boom or bust after one rookie season.

Jon

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Tough call...nice scenario, but you're creating one more hole to fill at safety. We've already got a serviceable center and picked up a DT in FA, so at this very moment I'd have to say no. At the draft last year, immediately after the first round was over, I would've seriously considered it.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Devin
          I am a huge fan of both.

Id probably have kept Whitner and drafted Mangold. When the trade was announced I was convinced that was who we were taking.
          Actually.. I have to say the exact same thing.

When the trade was announced.. I jumped from my barstool thinking we just scored Mangold.. When they said McCargo I yelled **** real, real loud.

and I dont think Whitner sucks at all. I just think this football team would be better if Ngata was a Bill instead of Whitner.

and I also didnt say our draft sucked.. It was a good draft.. My point was some people on here make it out like Marv is a draft God.. He made mistakes too.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Originally posted by Mudflap1
            Ask me again this time next year. I'm not ready to declare anyone boom or bust after one rookie season.

Jon
            Absolutely. Could we see McCargo and Youboty play a season or two, and let the 21 year old Whitner mature a little, before we reach any conclusions?
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
              Tough call...nice scenario, but you're creating one more hole to fill at safety. We've already got a serviceable center and picked up a DT in FA, so at this very moment I'd have to say no. At the draft last year, immediately after the first round was over, I would've seriously considered it.
              you make a good point..

But here's mine.. the BIGGEST reason this is sooooo not a playoff team, is because we have "serviceable" centers and DT's like Darwin Walker instead of monsters like Ngata and Mangold.

Unless Whitner becomes a franchise safety, he's far from irreplacable. Meanwhile, Ngata and Mangold both look like guys who will be spending lots of February's in Hawaii.

Again- as I'll say in every response.. I did NOT say this wasnt a good overall draft.. I'm just saying its not as good as some people on here think--1 year later.

Comment

• mayotm
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                If you could trade right NOW Donte Whitner and John McCargo and in return get Haloti Ngata and Nick Mangold, would you make the trade?

Mangold already looks a pro bowler and so does ngata.. we passed on both of them.

I understand NO TEAM makes the BEST pick every time, but the best teams make the MOST best picks...... I'm tired of hearing about how wonderful our draft was last year, and this is coming from someone who spent a lot of time defending it. (flipflopflipflip- isnt that right Justa AKA Rah Rah)

Our day two picks were amazing; perhaps combined the best in the NFL.

But our weakness last year was EACH side of the line, and we left a monster in the middle on the board with both our first rounders.

Ko Simpson, Kyle Williams, Keith Ellison, Terrence Pennington.. Man, for day two of a draft that's unbelievable.

But overall we got very little from our day one picks.

Whitner was productive (which he better be at 8) but didn't have any games where you said "holy ****, this guy is going to be amazing"

McCargo did little before getting hurt, plays Tripplett's position and now he's gotta try to bulk up to play the NT. If we're in a goaline defense someone like Mangold is going to drive him into the 7th row.

Youboty.. no comment.

Now our day one picks may emerge, Whitner and McCargo and Youboty may become great players.. but until they do, quit talking like this was the greatest draft in history or something..

I actually think its quite sad that on a whole our day two picks were better than our day one guys.

Now "Groan" Away for expressing an opinion that's not homerrific.
                We are all well aware of your opinions. Everything the Bills do sucks. You know everything. You're opinions are the only one's that matter. You should be the Bills GM, etc.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

lol.. oh dear..

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

What's the matter Justa.. Gotta wait for 10 or so homer comments before you add your expertise to the matter.. Or is a "flipflopflipflop" comment with one of your famous smilies going to do the trick?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

What's the matter Justa.. Gotta wait for 10 or so homer comments before you add your expertise to the matter.. Or is a "flipflopflipflop" comment with one of your famous smilies going to do the trick?
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mikemac2001
                        is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                        • Mar 2003

haha thats funny

MUCK
                        FIAMI

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

haha.. I'd expect nothing less from you and your pom poms. This is a message/chat board Einstein.. I"ll give you this.. Your the best at taking a football topic and masking into something personal

Originally posted by justasportsfan

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

and masking into something personal
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mikemac2001
                              is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                              • Mar 2003

dude is always finding stuff

MUCK
                              FIAMI

Comment

Working...
                              X