PDA

View Full Version : Fins Resign Terrific Tillman

patmoran2006
04-13-2007, 08:24 PM
Dolphins | Team re-signs Tillman
Fri, 13 Apr 2007 17:34:09 -0700
Greg Bedard, of the Palm Beach Post, reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/22/nfl">Miami Dolphins re-signed free-agent SS Travares Tillman (http://www.kffl.com/player/217/nfl). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Heh.. I guess if I really am that down on my own Buffalo Bills, I just need to take a look down to Florida to feel better.

Scrubs.

Devin
04-13-2007, 08:32 PM
How has this team not signed Yeremiah Bell yet? He was easily thier best in the secondary.

Or have they re-signed him and I missed it?

Ickybaluky
04-13-2007, 08:43 PM
How has this team not signed Yeremiah Bell yet? He was easily thier best in the secondary.

They gave Bell a 2nd round tender to keep his rights as a RFA. He hasn't signed the tender yet, but he probably will soon. He signed an injury waiver so he could participate in Dolphin's minicamp this week.

Elminster
04-13-2007, 09:01 PM
They gave Bell a 2nd round tender to keep his rights as a RFA. He hasn't signed the tender yet, but he probably will soon. He signed an injury waiver so he could participate in Dolphin's minicamp this week.
So I'm not crazy! I noticed Yeremiah making a lot of plays...need to get him out of the 'Phish uniform...

JoeMama
04-13-2007, 09:54 PM
I can't believe Travares Tillman is still in the NFL.

Our 2000 draft was terrible.

Bling
04-13-2007, 10:48 PM
Anyone know when Lee Evans will be a FA?

gr8slayer
04-13-2007, 10:54 PM
In about 2014

Let me ask you, Evans or Chambers?

Ed
04-13-2007, 10:54 PM
I believe he signed a 5 year deal in 04 with an option for a 6th year. So I'd say after the 08 season at the earliest. I would imagine he'd be extended after this season to another long term deal though.

gr8slayer
04-13-2007, 10:56 PM
I believe he signed a 5 year deal in 04 with an option for a 6th year. So I'd say after the 08 season at the earliest. I would imagine he'd be extended after this season to another long term deal though.
Lets get him re-signed before training camp.

Bling
04-13-2007, 10:56 PM
In about 2014

Let me ask you, Evans or Chambers?

Evans. Without a doubt.

gr8slayer
04-13-2007, 10:58 PM
Evans. Without a doubt.
Funny, your boy FTP took Chambers.

Ed
04-13-2007, 11:05 PM
Lets get him re-signed before training camp.
I don't know if we'd have the cap space considering we still have to sign all our rookies. Plus, he's still got 2 years on his current deal remaining. We can wait until next year to start working out an extension.

Bling
04-13-2007, 11:05 PM

I must have an eye for WRs. Was high on Boldin, and followed that next year with being high on Evans. 2 for 2.

I'm sure majority of Dolphin fans feel that Chambers is better than Evans. Chambers wasn't even the best WR on his team this year. He was the 3rd best. He had his worst season of his career this year. Lee Evans has never dipped below 740 yards. Chambers has twice. They're both incredible talents. Chambers is a bigger target, Evans is better deep threat they both have about the same amount of talent just better at different areas - BUT Evans has the heart and the necessary mental game. Chambers isn't there. It's almost as if he doesn't want to play football.

feelthepain
04-13-2007, 11:49 PM
Dolphins | Team re-signs Tillman
Fri, 13 Apr 2007 17:34:09 -0700
Greg Bedard, of the Palm Beach Post, reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/22/nfl">Miami Dolphins re-signed free-agent SS Travares Tillman (http://www.kffl.com/player/217/nfl). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Heh.. I guess if I really am that down on my own Buffalo Bills, I just need to take a look down to Florida to feel better.

Scrubs.

Dude, get a defense before you start trashing a top 5 defense!

feelthepain
04-13-2007, 11:51 PM

I think they're holding out hope someone signs him to an offer sheet and we get a 2nd for him. I believe that's where we have have him tendered.

Devin
04-13-2007, 11:52 PM
While I agree about Tillman being a scrub, i think hes just a roll player.

And while I hate the fins with every fiber of my being thier D is pretty stout, I shudder to think what happens if they end up with Okoye.

Devin
04-13-2007, 11:53 PM
I think they're holding out hope someone signs him to an offer sheet and we get a 2nd for him. I believe that's where we have have him tendered.

Ah fair enough. Just curious.

feelthepain
04-13-2007, 11:53 PM

Funny, I don't remeber this!

feelthepain
04-14-2007, 12:16 AM
While I agree about Tillman being a scrub, i think hes just a roll player.

And while I hate the fins with every fiber of my being thier D is pretty stout, I shudder to think what happens if they end up with Okoye.

Well it's funny you say that, cause I've been reading up on the subject of Okoye and the Dolphins. It would seem we have some mixed feeling on the subject on finheaven. If Miami signs him there is SPECULATION he would move to NT, this ofcourse after he gains about 20-25 pounds. The problem is his stregths are in getting into the backfield and disrupting the play. If he moves to NT his job will be to gobble up blockers and and hold his position....not his strenght! He needs to remain around 295-300 pounds and play a speed rushing DE.

As much as I like Okoye, I don't want to draft him and then slide him to a position that doesn't fit his biggest asset. Now notice I said this was speculation and Miami may not have any plans to do this whatsoever! I would be thrilled to land Okoye, but I don't think he will be a Dolphin, I also don't think Brady Quinn will be a Dolphin either. I think Miami will go Patrick Willis or Adam Carriker simply because they will be the best options left on the board for us. I just don't see Brown or Staley being worthy of the #9 pick. JMO.

Devin
04-14-2007, 12:24 AM
Well it's funny you say that, cause I've been reading up on the subject of Okoye and the Dolphins. It would seem we have some mixed feeling on the subject on finheaven. If Miami signs him there is SPECULATION he would move to NT, this ofcourse after he gains about 20-25 pounds. The problem is his stregths are in getting into the backfield and disrupting the play. If he moves to NT his job will be to gobble up blockers and and hold his position....not his strenght! He needs to remain around 295-300 pounds and play a speed rushing DE.

As much as I like Okoye, I don't want to draft him and then slide him to a position that doesn't fit his biggest asset. Now notice I said this was speculation and Miami may not have any plans to do this whatsoever! I would be thrilled to land Okoye, but I don't think he will be a Dolphin, I also don't think Brady Quinn will be a Dolphin either. I think Miami will go Patrick Willis or Adam Carriker simply because they will be the best options left on the board for us. I just don't see Brown or Staley being worthy of the #9 pick. JMO.

I like Carriker a lot. Easily the best technique of any DE in the draft, hes huge and can play anywhere on the DL and doesnt get moved around at all. I wouldnt be happy if the fins got him either lol.

feelthepain
04-14-2007, 12:32 AM
I like Carriker a lot. Easily the best technique of any DE in the draft, hes huge and can play anywhere on the DL and doesnt get moved around at all. I wouldnt be happy if the fins got him either lol.

I hope we get Willis so the Bills don't get him and thye're forced to go with Lynch. While I like Lynch and Don't want him to be a Bill either, I'd rather see Lynch in Buffalo then Willis.

Devin
04-14-2007, 12:51 AM
I hope we get Willis so the Bills don't get him and thye're forced to go with Lynch. While I like Lynch and Don't want him to be a Bill either, I'd rather see Lynch in Buffalo then Willis.

Well ill be hoping against hope that doesnt happen.

feelthepain
04-14-2007, 01:09 AM
Well ill be hoping against hope that doesnt happen.

I can understand why, I think this will be an interesting draft to say the least. There is no doubt in my mind the Bills will walk away from this draft a better team.

gr8slayer
04-14-2007, 07:48 AM
Your top five Defense that didn't get you into the playoffs?

G. Host
04-14-2007, 08:46 AM

FTP is no more Bling's boy then The Answer is yours. Trolls are trolls no matter what jersey they claim they wear. A better comparsion for Bling would be Skooby.

Jan Reimers
04-14-2007, 09:01 AM
Dude, get a team before you start bashing anyone. We crushed you in Miami and shut you out at the Ralph.

And now you've signed a guy whose career should be modeled around the words, "Fries with that?"

Bling
04-14-2007, 01:33 PM
FTP is no more Bling's boy then The Answer is yours. Trolls are trolls no matter what jersey they claim they wear. A better comparsion for Bling would be Skooby.

:snicker:
You're always good for a laugh, GHost.

Al13
04-15-2007, 03:00 AM

probably to early to make a call on that for me

Al13
04-15-2007, 03:02 AM
Dude, get a team before you start bashing anyone. We crushed you in Miami and shut you out at the Ralph.

And now you've signed a guy whose career should be modeled around the words, "Fries with that?"

at least we didnīt break the bank for him like the bills did with that langston walker dude