The "Official Playoff" Isles @ Sabres game 2 - Gameday thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

The "Official Playoff" Isles @ Sabres game 2 - Gameday thread!

Go SABRES!

Islanders-Sabres Preview
    Matchup
    W-L-OTLHOMEROADDIVCONF
    NYI40-30-1222-13-618-17-617-11-436-27-9
    BUF53-22-728-10-325-12-418-11-347-19-6
    ยท Complete Standings

Team Stat Comparison
    1Goals

4Goals Against

0Power Play Goals

2Power Play Goals Allowed

0Shorthanded Goals

0Shorthanded Goals Allowed

18Penalty Minutes

18Average Penalty Minutes

Goalie Breakdown
    GOALIEGPWTGAGAASOSVSV%
    Wade Dubielewicz1044.06031.886
    Ryan Miller1111.01020.952

Team Stat Leaders
    GArron Asham 1Brian Campbell 2
    AJason Blake 1Dainius Zubrus 3
    PTSJason Blake 1Dainius Zubrus 3
    PIMBrendan Witt 6Tim Connolly 2
    SOGJason Blake 3Chris Drury 8

STATS LLC
    The New York Islanders could have goaltender Rick DiPietro available for Game 2 against the Buffalo Sabres. Beating the team with the NHL's best record, however, will require much more than a change in net.
    DiPietro could see action for the first time in three weeks Saturday night as the Islanders look to even their best-of-seven Eastern Conference quarterfinal series at one game apiece.
    DiPietro practiced with the Islanders on Friday for the first time in three weeks since suffering his second concussion. Coach Ted Nolan said DiPietro looked sharp, but he won't make a decision on his starting goalie until the morning skate Saturday.
    DiPietro is the Islanders' most important player after going 32-19-9 -- tying a single-season franchise record for wins -- with a 2.58 goals-against average and five shutouts this season. He hasn't played since a 2-1 overtime loss to the New York Rangers on March 25.
    "It's tough to put into words how excited I am to be back and be a part of this. ... If you're a competitor, you want to play and I realize how important these games are," DiPietro said.
    There's little doubt that the Islanders are a better team with DiPietro in net, but poor goaltending was not the reason they lost the series opener 4-1 on Thursday.
    Wade Dubielewicz stopped 31 shots in his playoff debut, including 20 over the first two periods when New York was outshot 22-10.
    If not for Dubielewicz, the Islanders wouldn't even be in the playoffs. He led them to wins in their final four games, including a shootout victory at New Jersey on the final day of the regular season that clinched the eighth seed.
    The Islanders were successful in limiting Buffalo's high-powered attack Thursday, trailing by one goal in the third period. The problem for New York is how to generate offense while keeping the Sabres' speedy forwards in check.
    "I don't think we were aggressive enough," forward Jason Blake said after practice Friday. "You can't sit back and watch the Buffalo Sabres, the best team in the league ... skate around with the puck all day. We've got to play the way we played when we won hockey games."
    Buffalo, which led the NHL with 113 points in the regular season, is more than a collection of speedy forwards.
    All-Star defenseman Brian Campbell scored two goals in Game 1, the first off a pass from fourth-liner Tim Connolly. Ryan Miller, who set a franchise record with 40 wins this season, made 20 saves and the Sabres scored twice on the power play.
    "We're deep when we roll the lines like we did tonight," said Campbell, who also added an assist. "It's a huge positive for our hockey club."
    Campbell said the Sabres aren't concerned with DiPietro's status for Game 2.
    "I don't think a goaltender can change too much," Campbell said. "If he's in, then that's the goalie we face and we go after it."
    Arron Asham scored New York's only goal in Game 1 while more noted skilled players Alexei Yashin, Ryan Smyth and Miroslav Satan combined for no points and just one shot on goal.
    Sabres center Daniel Briere, the team leader with 95 points in the regular season, missed practice Friday with a minor leg injury but is expected to be in the lineup Saturday.
    This series shifts to Long Island for Games 3 and 4 on Monday and Wednesday.

thx to: ESPN
  • SpillerThrills
    • Oct 2005

Re: The "Official Playoff" Isles @ Sabres game 2 - Gameday thread!

holy **** skooby! I know you had rights to the GDT but wow.... starting the thread like 19 1/2 hours before the game....... wow!

2008-2009 BZHL Champion!
    2008 Pro Football Pick 'em Champion!
    2008 Survival Football Co-Champion!
    2006-2007 3 Star Pick 'em Champion!

Comment

• SkateZilla
      • Dec 2002

THe Official Threaten Skooby Reply!,

Go Sabres!
      Skate Zilla
      -----------------------
      Skate Zilla HD Studios:
      SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• shelby
        The Vanilla *****
        • Jul 2002

:oldskool:

Since Tampa is also in the playoffs and i don't have Centre Ice i may have to watch on the computer

Comment

• SkateZilla
          • Dec 2002

The Game is On VS tonite, Not Center Ice...
          Skate Zilla
          -----------------------
          Skate Zilla HD Studios:
          SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• shelby
            The Vanilla *****
            • Jul 2002

Thanks!

Comment

• Bufftp
              Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Do you have your newTV yet Shelbers?
              Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
              "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
              Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
              - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
              to be led by permanent ideals -
              that is what keeps a man patient
              when the world ignores him,
              and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Go Sabres! I'd love to see us sweep and get a little rest, while teams like the Sens and Pens beat the crap out of each other.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by jerhwt
                  holy **** skooby! I know you had rights to the GDT but wow.... starting the thread like 19 1/2 hours before the game....... wow!

They say those who are not prepared, fail.

Go Sabres.

Comment

• shelby
                    The Vanilla *****
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bufftp
                    Do you have your newTV yet Shelbers?

Comment

• Bufftp
                      Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                      "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                      Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                      - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                      to be led by permanent ideals -
                      that is what keeps a man patient
                      when the world ignores him,
                      and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                        Roways rooking ahread!
                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by shelby

My god shelby, Briere will be like life size on that TV!

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                          I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                          • May 2005

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!

:oldskool:

Comment

• SkateZilla
                            • Dec 2002

nice, .... 60 Inch?,

lol, I have a 30 Inch WEGA HDTV... Im trying to get my stuff together to get a new plasma to mount on my wall,
                            Skate Zilla
                            -----------------------
                            Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                            SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• pyrrhonist
                              • Sep 2003

Too much @%&*! time before Game 2 kicks off!! I am ready, though.

Until then, I will hope for "Double Standard" Campbell to do the right thing for once, and suspend Radulov for his blatant hit-from-behind (That he left his feet to make) on Steve Bernier. Let's see if the Sharks get the same backhanded treatment as the Sabres do.

Comment

Working...
                              X