PDA

View Full Version : Read Marv's book! Another thread!

jpdex12
04-14-2007, 07:31 AM
YEs I have already started a different thread about Marv's book, but I am making a bold prediction that many of you will laugh at.

I dare you to read this book and then tell me that you aren't as hyped about the Bill's future.

Marv spent many years coaching and was successful. He could have been a GM for years as well and been successful. Now that he is GM you can see that he is using his coaching talents to succeed. Marv has a great friendship with Ralph and the two of them see eye to eye. Marv was surrounded by great people when he coached (Polian, Butler, etc) and it was because of Ralph. Ralph is doing the same now with Marv as GM...surrounding him with great people. Yes Modrak might be on his way out but you can damn well bet that someone better will be in here with old ties to MArv's past.

I have all of the confidence in the world that Marv's evaluation of player talent and character will fill our team with players that we need to win a superbowl. Marv started this process last year and that is why we saw so many people suprised and also complaining about our draft picks.

Yeah I'm a homer, but Marv is brilliant. We didn't win any SB's while he coached but it wasn't his fault. IT was the players. Turnovers!

Marv will not let another chance slip through his fingers. No one achieved four straight SB's.

The Bills will win a superbowl in the next 4 years! That is my prediction.

If you are a real fan and want to truly understand Levy and why I think this...then READ THE BOOK! We will win a SB!

patmoran2006
04-14-2007, 09:39 AM
[quote=jpdex12]

Yeah I'm a homer, but Marv is brilliant. We didn't win any SB's while he coached but it wasn't his fault. IT was the players. Turnovers![quote]

SO then it wasn't Mularkey or Greg Williams' fault we didnt' win while they were coaches? Was it the players? I mean, they turned the ball over a ton during those eras.

I'm a big fan of Marv: I not only have his book, I parked my ass in a Borders line for a long time so I could have it signed. It's up on my mantle.

I just have a much higher premium on head coaches than you do. WE lost at least two of the Super Bowls because we were outcoached and out game-planned; and this is coming from a HUGE Marv fan. There's no doubt IMO he deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.

Marv is a mouthpeice to this organization right now much more than people think. Overdorf, Guy and Modrak are the ones who do the vast majority of the evaluating and negotiations. I have no problem with marv being involved; but the three guys I mention deserve far more credit for the good pluckings and far more blame for the bad ones.