• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

ESPN's Sportsnation: Buffalo Bills

Who will each team pick in the first round of the NFL draft? Vote now!

ESPN has been conducting a Mock Draft that is based on fan voting, just as we always do with our Billszone Mock Draft. No Experts making the pick, simply the fans with the majority-rules concept.

Now while I think that leaving Patrick Willis on the board is absurd and taking someone else; you have to admit that if you read the caption for Marshawn Lynch without being biased about it; it does make a lot of sense.
    ======================================================

12. Bills

On The Clock
    Selection: Marshawn Lynch, RB Matt Williamson says: "Lynch makes a lot of sense for Buffalo with this pick. He is a do-it-all type of running back who can be a three-down guy for the Bills right away. Although they have several needs, none are greater than running back, as they do not have someone on their roster who resembles a No. 1 back. Ole Miss ILB Patrick Willis would have been the other logical selection for the Bills, but J.P. Losman needs a supporting cast and Lynch should provide exactly what he needs from the running back position."

Lynch edges Willis in N.Y. Biggest need?
    27.3% OT
    25.9% WR
    15.7% DT
    15.5% CB
    15.3% TE

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Scumbag College
    • Oct 2002

Re: ESPN's Sportsnation: Buffalo Bills

ESPN went from zero credibility to below zero in my book. OT is the biggest need on this team and LB doesn't even register.

Go do another story on Tiger Woods and NASCAR ESPN, leave football talk to some other channel.
    Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

In my personal opinion, I have Lynch ranked third in players that I would like to draft that we semi-realistically have a shot at (Behind AP and Patrick Willis). There is no doubt he is an every-down player that would boost the offense.

However, I think that if the first two are gone, we should definitely trade down as I said on today's thread.
      Unless Patrick Willis is on the board when the Bills are on the clock; or Adrian Peterson magically becomes the guy this year to fall out of the Top Ten; this is a really bad spot for Buffalo to be in this year when it comes to the draft. Think about it; pretty much all of the other players that are ranked/graded by pretty

Comment

• ublinkwescore
        Sab and TD are insignificant
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Scumbag College
        ESPN went from zero credibility to below zero in my book. OT is the biggest need on this team and LB doesn't even register.

Go do another story on Tiger Woods and NASCAR ESPN, leave football talk to some other channel.
        Have you lost your mind?

OT is not a need any more - we may not have two bookends, but we've got one, and should have at least a better than serviceable one on the right side - then you go on to say that LB 'doesn't register'?

I think Marv will go with Willis if both Willis and Lynch are on the board - now if Willis and Peterson (not likely IMO) are both on the board - then you flip a coin.

BTW, I did change my mind on Lynch - I did want him, and I will admit that, but not after hearing about this "legal trouble" stuff - usually, when there is smoke, there is fire, and smoke always comes before fire, so I'll pass - if none of those guys are there when we're up, I'd say we just trade down and get an extra pick.
        www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
          Have you lost your mind?

OT is not a need any more - we may not have two bookends, but we've got one, and should have at least a better than serviceable one on the right side - then you go on to say that LB 'doesn't register'?
          Read the first post again.. he's agreeing with you

Comment

• Scumbag College
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by JJamezz
            Read the first post again.. he's agreeing with you
            I could have used better grammar and punctuation.
            Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• ublinkwescore
              • Sep 2002

I could have used better grammar and punctuation.
              My bad, I didn't see the little poll thing on the right...

If this is a show that let's average joes vote from the comfort of their PC, then look for Jason Peters to get snubbed out of a likely well deserved pro-bowl spot.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                • Sep 2002

WR is up too high as well - yeah, a #2 to compliment Lee would be nice, but it's pretty insignificant next to other holes.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Go do another story on Tiger Woods and NASCAR ESPN
                  . . . or another on LeBron "King" James, while bashing the Bills and ignoring the Sabres.

I've about tuned ESPN out of my life.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    . . . or another on LeBron "King" James, while bashing the Bills and ignoring the Sabres.

I've about tuned ESPN out of my life.
                    Me too...Not sure why people keep watching them and then get upset about the lack of respect. It's like keep going back to your old girl friend who treated you like crap the whole time you dated her.... Why would anyone have interest in hearing the likes of Mel Kiper, Stuart Scott and Barry Melrose?

Comment

• mikemac2001
                      is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sport...?page=snmock07

ESPN has been conducting a Mock Draft that is based on fan voting, just as we always do with our Billszone Mock Draft. No Experts making the pick, simply the fans with the majority-rules concept.

Now while I think that leaving Patrick Willis on the board is absurd and taking someone else; you have to admit that if you read the caption for Marshawn Lynch without being biased about it; it does make a lot of sense.
                      ======================================================

12. Bills

On The Clock
                      Selection: Marshawn Lynch, RB Matt Williamson says: "Lynch makes a lot of sense for Buffalo with this pick. He is a do-it-all type of running back who can be a three-down guy for the Bills right away. Although they have several needs, none are greater than running back, as they do not have someone on their roster who resembles a No. 1 back. Ole Miss ILB Patrick Willis would have been the other logical selection for the Bills, but J.P. Losman needs a supporting cast and Lynch should provide exactly what he needs from the running back position."

Lynch edges Willis in N.Y. Biggest need?
                      27.3% OT
                      25.9% WR
                      15.7% DT
                      15.5% CB
                      15.3% TE

its just random dudes voting dont worry, calm down take a deep breathe and just wait for draft Pat everyday another crazy post on why bills are gonna suck FOREVER!

MUCK
                      FIAMI

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        • May 2003

Obviously, the ESPN voting can't include many Bills' fans. Even amongst us contentious Zoners, I would think LB, RB, CB and WR would outrank OT in our hierarchy of needs.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

You know..
                          The pure ignorance at times is puzzling..

This WASNT an ESPN written peice.. It's a God damn FAN POLL; an ESPN writer didn't have us selecting Lynch, a majority of fans did.

And before everybody goes bashing them as well, look no further than our own ****ing Billszone Mock; in which we have the EXACT same player going to us as well.

Unreal..

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            Obviously, the ESPN voting can't include many Bills' fans.

Hmm.. Per the 2007 BILLSZONE MOck Draft..

1. Oakland Raiders - JaMarcus Russell - QB (LSU)
                            2. Detroit Lions - Brady Quinn - QB (Notre Dame)
                            3. Cleveland Browns - Adrian Peterson - RB (Oklahoma)
                            4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Calvin Johnson - WR (Georgia Tech)
                            5. Arizona Cardinals - Joe Thomas - OT (Wisconsin)
                            6. Washington Redskins - Gaines Adams - DE (Clemson)
                            7. Minnesota Vikings - Jamaal Anderson - DE (Arkansas)
                            8. Atlanta Falcons (from Houston) - LaRon Landry - S (LSU)
                            9. Miami Dolphins - Levi Brown- OT (Penn St)
                            10. Houston Texans (from Atlanta) - Amobi Okoye - DT (Louiville)
                            11. San Francisco 49ers - Patrick Willis - LB (Ole Miss)
                            12. Buffalo Bills - Marshawn Lynch - RB (Cal)

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              • May 2003

If you're calling us ignorant, you better take a long look in the mirror.

Comment

Working...
                              X