• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Latest Fox Mock Draft

Get NFL news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

Interesting.

This is the first mock that I've seen where the Bills and RB Brian Leonard are associated. He has the Bills taking him in round two. (Willis in round one)

Oddly (?) He also has Pittman and Irons both going in ROUND THREE, with Bush and Hunt both being off the board before him.

Thoughts on Leonard as a Bill and what his value would be to the team?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Re: Latest Fox Mock Draft

A superb pick

He can run, receive and block. He's a character player and can team with A-Train to be a load in the running game. Drafting him gives us the versatility to go with one of the RBs coming out in 2008 and moving him to FB.

Overall I like this draft and would be delighted with it if it occured though I might take Tim Shaw at 3a and Doug Datish in R4

Comment

• Devin
      The Octagon
      • Apr 2003

Top notch team guy, great work ethic....hard worker.

Played FB in college, as athletic as they come. Very strong and very fast. His stock will depend on whether teams believe he can make it as a RB. He dropped 10 pounds prior to the combine and had an exceptional showing. Hes a late first to mid second projection now.

Exceptional redzone weapon, guy just has a nose for the endzone. Would probably thrive in a 2 back system but I suspect he could probably carry the workload a full game as well.

As draftboy can attest ive long been a fan of us drafting him.
      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

From nfl.com on Leonard
        The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

I admit this guys intrigues me. I looked at 40 times and he's actually faster (5.2)than a couple of tailback prospects, including Darious Walker and Tony Hunt.

I dont know. Personally, I'd rather draft a Jackie Battle in the mid-rounds for a FB/RB combo-- but I wouldnt be disgusted with Leonard at all. I actually have him going 28th in my latest mock to NE.

I wonder what the chances are they could get a Michael Turner/Brian Leonard backfield.. that would be pretty sick; though I doubt it could happen.

Comment

• Devin
          The Octagon
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          From nfl.com on Leonard
          The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

I admit this guys intrigues me. I looked at 40 times and he's actually faster (5.2)than a couple of tailback prospects, including Darious Walker and Tony Hunt.

I dont know. Personally, I'd rather draft a Jackie Battle in the mid-rounds for a FB/RB combo-- but I wouldnt be disgusted with Leonard at all. I actually have him going 28th in my latest mock to NE.

I wonder what the chances are they could get a Michael Turner/Brian Leonard backfield.. that would be pretty sick; though I doubt it could happen.
          He ran a 4.49 at the combine I believe. And I think he was first or second on the bench.
          http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

I was just going by the listed Foxsports time. I dont know what his best time is..
            that's pretty ****in fast for a fullback..

NFL.com compares each prospect to a player; and the player he's compared to on there is Michael Griffith, and Im a big Griffith fan.. that was a great signing for the Raiders.

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

I think he might work out OK as a running back. I saw a fan mock that had Buffalo picking up Garrett Wolfe in round 6. I think if Buffalo were to pick Leonard in round two, it might be wise for them to target Wolfe later on as a complimentary back. Wolfe can do a lot of things Leonard could not and vice versa. I personally don't put much stock in Shaud Williams for that role. IMHO Shaud Williams is a scrub, pure and simple.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Dec 2005

Willis and Leonard... that would be fantastic. We could definitely get by with Leonard and A Train this year while setting ourselves up to take a smaller halfback next year. I would be extremely pleased if this were the way things shook out.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

If we draft him, I'll take him. I could live with Willis in the first, Leonard in the second, A-Train as the starter and going into next year's draft looking for a feature back.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• raphael120
                    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                    • Oct 2005

who is this mike walker guy from central florida he has us drafting with our second pick in the 3rd round? ive never heard of him.. has anyone else?

Comment

• Bills4Life34
                      • Apr 2007

AP to the vikes/ no way, i can see the browns taking AP lets face it Lewis is getting old. I think brady quinn slips to the Phins!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
                        He ran a 4.49 at the combine I believe. And I think he was first or second on the bench.
                        1st in the bench, 28 reps

and I attest to your man crush for Leonard
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

I'd be very happy with Willis and Leonard. I always loved versatile fullbacks.
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                            NFL.com compares each prospect to a player; and the player he's compared to on there is Michael Griffith, and Im a big Griffith fan.. that was a great signing for the Raiders.
                            Such a big fan you don't know his name is Justin?

Leonard is an interesting guy. He is obviously a very good athlete and has good size/speed. I don't think he will ultimately be a FB in the NFL, unless it is as a WCO/H-Back type of FB.

His performance at the combine was eye-opening. What was most impressive was not just his 40-time, but that his shuttle times were so good. That shows he isn't just some straight-line kind of runner, but has some change-of-direction ability.

He is a unique player because of his versatility, and he can fill a lot of roles on an offense. I don't know if he will ever be a feature back, but he is the type of guy who will be very good in a number of roles (short-yardage/H-Back/3rd-down back, etc.) because he does so many different things well.

Comment

• casdhf
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39
                              Such a big fan you don't know his name is Justin?
                              owned
                              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

Working...
                              X