PDA

View Full Version : One thing maybe we are falsely assuming

patmoran2006
04-14-2007, 12:26 PM
is that Buffalo is done with the offensive line.

Yes, the left side is set and with Walker the right tackle spot better be set.

Fowler was serviceable last year and I wouldnt be at all surprised if he starts again.

But the right guard spot might be something that's addressed early in the draft.

I think they are FAR from sold on Preston, I think Whittle (given his contract) was brought in for veteran depth. Butler has talent, but is still a major project.

If a guard like Aaron Sears is available in the second round, It may be a possibility they would take him. Or maybe on the outside shot Ryan Kahlil was available at center; slide Fowler over to RG.

Considering how ****ty our OL has been for years; wouldn't it be pretty hard to complain about that?

THATHURMANATOR
04-14-2007, 12:28 PM
This would work for me.

Mitchy moo
04-14-2007, 12:29 PM
One thing maybe we are falsely assuming:

That your prozac is working?

J/k

Works for me as well.

SABURZFAN
04-14-2007, 12:31 PM
we need to draft a good Center for the future.

mikemac2001
04-14-2007, 12:31 PM
i think we have more needs then that but it wouldnt kill me if they drafted him

Scumbag College
04-14-2007, 12:57 PM
I know that Walker was signed to be a RT, but from what I read he played much better at RG last year for the Raiders than at RT. I really liked the way Pennington played last year at RT at the end of the season, and wouldn't mind seeing him there and have Walker at RG with Butler fighting for a spot as well. Whittle can backup at G and at C, so signing him I'm thinking is just to have one less backup OL activated on gameday and used on another player.

I know the thought of spending 70 mil on the first day of FA on two guards is unsettling, but I think that would be a way to get the best 5 players on the field.

billsburgh
04-14-2007, 01:49 PM
I think the other needs of the team far outweigh an upgrade at right guard at this time. Even though they were lower round picks, quite a few of last years picks were o-linemen. You have to give them a chance to develop. Besides, the staff appears to be pretty high on Brad Butler. maybe he can make the conversion to guard.

Philagape
04-14-2007, 02:38 PM
I was suggesting a RG in the draft weeks ago

acehole
04-14-2007, 03:00 PM
settle down bevis.....

is that Buffalo is done with the offensive line.

Yes, the left side is set and with Walker the right tackle spot better be set.

Fowler was serviceable last year and I wouldnt be at all surprised if he starts again.

But the right guard spot might be something that's addressed early in the draft.

I think they are FAR from sold on Preston, I think Whittle (given his contract) was brought in for veteran depth. Butler has talent, but is still a major project.

If a guard like Aaron Sears is available in the second round, It may be a possibility they would take him. Or maybe on the outside shot Ryan Kahlil was available at center; slide Fowler over to RG.

Considering how ****ty our OL has been for years; wouldn't it be pretty hard to complain about that?