PDA

View Full Version : Well...That Sucked

YardRat
04-14-2007, 09:04 PM
Hope a lesson was learned tonight...It takes 60 minutes of hockey to win a playoff game. Props to the Islanders, especially DiPietro who played awesome in goal.

Nighthawk
04-14-2007, 09:05 PM
And I hope all the people who just think this team is going to roll over everybody are now going to wake up and smell the coffee. This series just got interesting.

Philagape
04-14-2007, 09:06 PM
We cannot allow the Isles to get the lead again.

Typ0
04-14-2007, 09:06 PM
I really liked the game we played tonight.

YardRat
04-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Game three better be a blow-out in our favor. We need to re-establish our dominance.

Nighthawk
04-14-2007, 09:10 PM

You're kidding, right? They played horrible and the invisible man (i.e. - Briere) and his linemates were no shows again.

Typ0
04-14-2007, 09:14 PM
we played in a way we can win from behind. we got beat right at the beginning. we're going places.

Philagape
04-14-2007, 09:15 PM
Briere's line got us the second goal. The whole team was invisible in the first period.

Nighthawk
04-14-2007, 09:16 PM
we played in a way we can win from behind. we got beat right at the beginning. we're going places.

Hey, I hope you're right, but we're going nowhere if we keep playing like we did tonight.

Nighthawk
04-14-2007, 09:17 PM
Briere's line got us the second goal. The whole team was invisible in the first period.

They just aren't much of a presence out their and have been having a difficult time getting the puck out of our own zone. They haven't impressed me at all so far.

Michael82
04-14-2007, 09:57 PM
you're one of the only ones. :ill:

clumping platelets
04-14-2007, 10:11 PM
They are wannabe's right now :mad:

Novacane
04-14-2007, 10:34 PM
And I hope all the people who just think this team is going to roll over everybody are now going to wake up and smell the coffee. This series just got interesting.

Amen. I hope the Sabres are not starting to believe all the cheerleaders that think all they have to do is show up and the cup is thiers. I had to listen to the game on WGR tonight. Those guys are ridiculas. Brad Riter musta been wearing a skirt and waving pom poms. It was making me sick and I'm a Sabres fan. At the end of the second period he said the Sabres had the Islanders right where they wanted them.

Nighthawk
04-14-2007, 10:37 PM
Amen. I hope the Sabres are not starting to believe all the cheerleaders that think all they have to do is show up and the cup is thiers. I had to listen to the game on WGR tonight. Those guys are ridiculas. Brad Riter musta been wearing a skirt and waving pom poms. It was making me sick and I'm a Sabres fan. At the end of the second period he said the Sabres had the Islanders right where they wanted them.

That station is a pure joke. All they do is sell how great the Sabres are, but they say nothing about the Bills. I can't stand WGR anymore.

Novacane
04-14-2007, 10:43 PM
They have a chip on thier shoulder against the Bills and pimp the Sabres since they carry the games.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-15-2007, 06:20 AM
It was just one game in a series. I didn't think they played very well, but the game was 2-2 up until that stupid penalty call. All of the Islanders goals were shots from the point. I also think the DiPietro coming back gave them a lift. It is over now, on to next game.

don137
04-15-2007, 10:00 AM
Hope a lesson was learned tonight...It takes 60 minutes of hockey to win a playoff game. Props to the Islanders, especially DiPietro who played awesome in goal.
You need 60 minutes of PLAYOFF hockey to win like the Islanders displayed. They are sacrificing there body, blocking shots and taking one for the team. The Sabres are trying to win on talent alone and not heart.

Michael82
04-15-2007, 10:10 AM
They have a chip on thier shoulder against the Bills and pimp the Sabres since they carry the games.
and the ironic thing is that before they became the home of the Buffalo Sabres, they gave them more of a cold shoulder than they give the Bills. They bashed them left and right and hardly ever talked about them.

YardRat
04-15-2007, 10:14 AM
You need 60 minutes of PLAYOFF hockey to win like the Islanders displayed. They are sacrificing there body, blocking shots and taking one for the team. The Sabres are trying to win on talent alone and not heart.

The blocked shots were the key to the game, IMO...the Islanders must've had a ton of them.

Typ0
04-16-2007, 12:36 AM
WGR is not against the Bills. It is the offseason and the Bills suck. they have no where near the news worthiness of the sabres.