PDA

View Full Version : I hope Lindy Skates these guys real hard tomorrow

Mitchy moo
04-14-2007, 09:42 PM
Lord knows they need to skate at some point this weekend.

Nighthawk
04-14-2007, 09:52 PM
Umm, if I was coaching this team I would definitely have a few choice words for that performance tonight.

Michael82
04-14-2007, 09:56 PM
I hope he physically punishes them tomorrow. They need a hard practice and need to be screamed at. I also hope that some of our captains are doing the shouting themselves. Because they played heartless today and acted like it was a meaningless game. I've seen them do that before and real champions don't do that! :shakeno:

Nighthawk
04-14-2007, 09:57 PM
I hope he physically punishes them tomorrow. They need a hard practice and need to be screamed at. I also hope that some of our captains are doing the shouting themselves. Because they played heartless today and acted like it was a meaningless game. I've seen them do that before and real champions don't do that! :shakeno:

Amen!!! Watch out, people get upset around here when you say stuff like this...I know.

Michael82
04-14-2007, 09:59 PM
I will add this though....the crowd certainly didn't help to motivate the players. it sounded pretty quiet many times. :cynic:

Nighthawk
04-14-2007, 10:00 PM
I will add this though....the crowd certainly didn't help to motivate the players. it sounded pretty quiet many times. :cynic:

I agree, but it seems like the fans know when this team just isn't trying and it kind of filters out to them in the stands. Kind of upsetting...

clumping platelets
04-14-2007, 10:05 PM
Players are in the playoffs seeking the Holy Grail of Hockey............shouldn't that be motivation enough?

What a bunch of wanna be champions! :mad:

Nighthawk
04-14-2007, 10:38 PM
Players are in the playoffs seeking the Holy Grail of Hockey............shouldn't that be motivation enough?

What a bunch of wanna be champions! :mad:

I agree 100%. This team has proven nothing yet and they need to start playing that way.

clumping platelets
04-14-2007, 10:49 PM
:up:

Historian
04-15-2007, 04:45 AM

That's because all these people are bandwagon jumpers.

Where were all of them five years ago when the owner was being dragged off in handcuffs?

You couldn't give away your tickets back then.

Mitchy moo
04-15-2007, 06:59 AM
Where were all of them five years ago when the owner was being dragged off in handcuffs?

In the cell next to him?

Michael82
04-15-2007, 10:08 AM

good point. Although I will say that the NHL really sucked back then. It was pretty boring. I wasn't a big fan of the game then, but I love watching it now. And not even just the Sabres....all of them. :up:

BlackMetalNinja
04-15-2007, 10:13 AM
Amen!!! Watch out, people get upset around here when you say stuff like this...I know.

No, people dont' get upset when you say stuff like that around here... people get upset when you say it over and over and over again... To your credit Nighthawk, you've calmed down greatly recently. No problems with you expressing your displeasure with what the team's doing, it's just that doing it incessantly starts to remind me of the Bills Zone and why I stay out of there!

SkateZilla
04-15-2007, 10:16 AM

TeePeeing his house....

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-15-2007, 10:20 AM
If I were Lindy I would treat it like any other day. The players are pros, they know what they did and didn't do last night. I wouldn't do anything that would resemble panic. Just a loss, move on, it is a 7-game series.

YardRat
04-15-2007, 10:29 AM
Yelling and screaming and 'punishing' sprints in practice isn't going to motivate any of these guys at this time of the year. They're professionals, and this is what they've been working for their entire lives.

If they aren't motivated enough to go full bore and do what it takes to win, then they don't deserve to.

This is as solid a team as I have seen in years...maybe ever. They've got talent and character, which is a hard combination to beat over the long haul of the playoffs.

They'll bounce back, last night was just one game...I really don't think anybody expected us to breeze through to the finals without at least dropping a game or two here and there.

It's character-check time for this series...And I'm betting they rise to the occassion. On their own.

SabreEleven
04-15-2007, 10:33 AM
Maybe this is a little wake up call they need, just because the Islander's are the 8th seed doesn't mean they are going to roll over.