• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bulldog
    Top Dog
    • Jan 2003

Status of Jerome Bettis?

I know at one point the Steelers had talked about cutting him due to his high salary cap figure and the stellar play of Amos Z.
    What would you think about "The Bus" coming to Buffalo to back Henry up? Do you think Bettis would be interested in a limited role type situation? Just some food for thought.
    I only drink when I'm alone or with others.
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

No. He's 1) damaged goods, 2) too expensive. Plus he would probably want to start and we can't have that.

But then again TD's got the Steelers connection so maybe.

Comment

• Bulldog
      Top Dog
      • Jan 2003

I also think that he would want to go where he can start. I know that he missed some significant playing time over the last couple years due to injury, but what exactly is wrong with him?

Comment

• The Colonel
        My @$$ is extra crispy!!
        • Feb 2003

Steelers | Bus Doing Well - from KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
        March 10, 2003 9:37:45 PT Teresa Varley reports for Steelers.com Pittsburgh Steelers RB Jerome Bettis (knee) is doing well with his recovery from knee surgery. "The surgery was successful," said Bettis. "They went in, got to the problem and cleared it up. Everything went really good." Bettis is at the team's facility five days a week. Bettis plans on being in Pittsburgh for just a few more weeks. He then will continue his normal program of working out with his personal trainer, Bob Kearse. Bettis added he was right on schedule with his rehab.

Steelers | Bettis Update - from KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
        January 31, 2003 22:21:34 PT The Tribune Review reports Pittsburgh Steelers RB Jerome Bettis (knee) said Friday the fourth surgical procedure on his left knee was successful. He said he plans to begin rehabilitation and preparations for next season within three weeks. "The procedure turned out well," Bettis said. "The doctor said the knee hadn't changed since the last time they went into it two years ago."

Steelers | Bettis And Stewart Done? - from KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
        January 15, 2003 7:48:25 PT The Post Gazette reports Pittsburgh Steelers Coach Bill Cowher mentioned the names of RB Jerome Bettis and QB Kordell Stewart as two veterans who might not be with the Steelers in 2003. "I think as an organization, what we need to do is look at the roster, look at our cap, and we are going to have to talk about the direction and the options that we have in regards to these players," Cowher said. "I think it would really be unfair at this point for me to discuss any of those decisions." The possibility Bettis might not return does come as a surprise, and Cowher did not mention it when he met Monday with his running back, according to Bettis. Cowher would not speculate on whether Bettis would be back in 2003.

Kill 'em all, let the Colonel sort 'em out ... into delicious buckets of original and extra crispy!

Comment

• kgun12
          • Jul 2002

The only way I want the bus in Buffalo is on the thruway passing through, and make sure he has ezpass so he doesn't get slowed down!
          Retired Air Traffic Controller
          USAF VETERAN
          DAV

Comment

• Bulldog
            Top Dog
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by kgun12
            The only way I want the bus in Buffalo is on the thruway passing through, and make sure he has ezpass so he doesn't get slowed down!
            So what your saying is your a huge fan of Jerome Bettis.

Comment

• kgun12
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bulldog

So what your saying is your a huge fan of Jerome Bettis.

hugh and Bettis do go together this is true! yes I really really like this guy.
              Retired Air Traffic Controller
              USAF VETERAN
              DAV

Comment

Working...
              X