• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Billszone's 2007 Draft RB Preview

Bush ranked 4, Walker ranked 9, some interesting sleepers....

Discuss!!
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

Re: Billszone's 2007 Draft RB Preview

I found it curious that Adrian Peterson is listed as running the 40 in 4.55 and described as not having elite speed when he ran a 4.4 at the combine. Meanwile Marshawn Lynch is described as not having elite speed even though he's listed at 4,35 which if true would normally easily qualify as elite speed. Of course he ran a 4.51 at the combine, but did better in his pro day at 4.46.

The clue as to why that is can be found in the writeup on Buckley. "Should he run that fast in the combine. . ." The writeups were done before the combine. Yet Jackie Battle is listed as running a 4.4 40. He did so at his pro day, yet that blew observers away because they were expecting a 4.7 40. Was the Battle writeup added later? I almost think the Bills should try and pick up both Brian Leonard and Jackie Battle. I would think by running them in the same backfield the Bills could give defensive coordinators fits. They both have real running back skills and athleticism, and both know how to block. Neither one is a true bruising fullback, but they are big enough. The defense could nver be sure who was blocking and who was running. On max protect passing plays Losman should have all day to find the open receiver if both can bring their blocking up to NFL standards.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Neither player displays their timed speed on the field, 40 times, heights, and weight were taken from The Sporting News warroom. I dont think either back has elite speed.

And yes some writeups are more recent than others, Battles is one of those.
      COMING SOON...

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
        http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archi...ning_backs.php

Bush ranked 4, Walker ranked 9, some interesting sleepers....

Discuss!!

the guy nobody is really talking about in the BillsZone is chris henry.i've seen him play about 4-5 times and i knew he was big but didn't realize how fast he was.i think he could be a helluva back if he gets into the right conditioning program.
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
          the guy nobody is really talking about in the BillsZone is chris henry.i've seen him play about 4-5 times and i knew he was big but didn't realize how fast he was.i think he could be a helluva back if he gets into the right conditioning program.

Ive been a big fan of Henry for a while now. When he got carries he did really well and his combine time along with his size, shows that he could be something special.
          COMING SOON...

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

I think the relative lack of college playing time will viewed as a huge risk factor by pro scouts looking at Chris Henry, but he has awesome upside for a team willing to take a chance early on day 2 of the draft.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
              • May 2003

I will sit here and tell you how wrong I was, but I have to say I think DeShawn Wynn is going to make a team very happy and he isn't even listed in your profiles. I am not putting your hard work down, I probably wouldn't put him on the list either. I really like that kid and I think that he has gotten better each year and if it weren't for Urban Meyer changing his offense and the questions regarding his effort and shoulder, he would be ranked as a top back. I think he will be a player in the NFL, maybe not a stud, but a good one.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                • Mar 2003

Jackie Battle seems to be a poor man's Leonard which would make him a solid late day 2 addition. I still believe Pittman leads the 2nd tier of RBs followed by Booker, and either would make solid 3rd round selections.
                "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                X