X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

I'm not too concerned.

Buffalo is the best road team in the NHL. We'll take the next two.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: I'm not too concerned.

We better. It's imperative.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mchurchfie
      Buffalo is the best road team in the NHL. We'll take the next two.

you know it.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

I didn't see any of the game so I don't know how we played. Was it just Dipietro or did we also look bad? The third goal looked soft to me.

Comment

• mchurchfie
          • Jul 2002

That was a questionable decision for Lindy to have Briere on the draw in our own end when he lost it and we got scored on. Briere is terrible on faceoffs, he didn't look very inspired last night.
          My Band
          daveviterna.com

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

That was a questionable decision for Lindy to have Briere on the draw in our own end when he lost it and we got scored on. Briere is terrible on faceoffs, he didn't look very inspired last night.
            Maybe it was because Briere was 61% on faceoffs last night.

I'm not all that worried either, as long as the Sabres come out strong. The team that gets the lead will have a huge advantage.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• RockStar36
              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
              • Sep 2004

The Islanders came out blazing and the Sabres didn't. That led to the 2-0 lead. After that I felt it was fairly even and felt good once it was 2-2. I'm trying not to get so annoyed with some of the big time players not showing up since it's only been two games. They need to take the next two though. And I do feel nervous about it being 1-1. Then again, I've been nervous since the playoffs started.

D & S Sports

Comment

• shelby
                The Vanilla *****
                • Jul 2002

If they lose the next two, i'm going to kick Church's ass.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                  • May 2003

The problem is he lost the draw to Satan.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                    • Jul 2002

Yes, I'm worried because this team is not showing any emotion and is not playing hard. It is a mystery to me why this team does not want to play hard all the time and it killed us last night. They need to get Monday nights game or we may be in big trouble.

Comment

• lordofgun
                      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

That was a TERRIBLE job by then refs last night. Just awful. They should be fired immediately.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• RockStar36
                        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                        • Sep 2004

I don't like complaining about refs usually but I don't understand how Max got called for hooking (I think) and there was no call when Sillinger cross checked him in the back and then Pominville went head first into the boards.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Meathead
                          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by shelby
                          If they lose the next two, i'm going to kick Church's ass.
                          ill put five bucks in for you to do it anyway

whos wit me
                          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Meathead
                            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                            • Jul 2002

the only reason im any more concerned now than i would be for any playoff opponent is because the sabres didnt seem to be able to match the isles intensity through the entire first period

it was right there in the press where smith said the isles cant sit back and watch the sabres or they will just die slower. so they knew full well they were going to get blitzed. its reasonable to get buzzed like that for the first few minutes of the game but the sabres didnt respond quick enough. im sure lindy drilled it into them but they really didnt counter all period right up through getting their first goal with a minute left

a little surprising for a team with as much fresh playoff experience as they have. but i guess they are still a little young in spots and hopefully they dont need that lesson again

but theres plenty of reason for a normal level of guarded optimism.

a) it all changed in the second period and the sabres were superior the rest of the way

b) the isles first two goals were seeing eye goals that can happen at any time. sure the isles deserved those type of grinder goals cuz they kept the play in the sabres end but it wasnt like the sabres were caught in odd man rushes or some other mistake. and the sabres were counterpunching they just couldnt convert until late

c) hot goalie - dp made some really nice saves, i was impressed. miller wasnt as spectacular but he made some nice saves and didnt let in any softies, i cant blame him for any

d) plenty of scoring chances - in the final two periods the sabres generated a decent number of chances to feel comfortable. it wasnt like the isles clamped down, dp did but the sabres also just missed on a bunch and didnt get the bounce

it was an ultra-classic nolan type victory. they worked hard, got a few bounces, and over-achieved. while its certainly possible they could win a series that way its still unlikely, mainly because the sabres can also play that way. these are probably the best two coaches in the league at getting the most out of what they have and in that scenario i still like the sabres depth to overwhelm them

after this round though its a lot closer to a crapshoot
                            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• SabreEleven
                              • Aug 2002

The 2nd goal was a softie....

Comment

Working...
                              X