PDA

View Full Version : All Over-Rated Team for the 2007 NFL Draft

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-15-2007, 06:10 PM
After careful evaluation of on-the-field performance, NFL Scouting Combine and Pro Day performance I have came up with my first annual All-Over rated team for the NFL Draft.

1. LB Jon Beason from Miami has been talked about as a high draft pick since he decided to turn pro. I have even seen him in the first round of some 2007 NFL Mock Draft’s. It’s not going to happen, he is a player that looks slow on film and at the 2007 NFL Combine he confirmed that. He measured in at 6’ 2” 237 pounds and ran two poor 40s of 4.74 and 4.81 seconds. And then at Miami’s Pro day he cited a injured hamstring and refused to try and improve his time. Also I think he is over-rated partly due to the recent success of Jonathan Vilma, some people think if they are a linebacker from Miami they have to be good.

2. LB Earl Everett from Florida is another player that looks slow on film. He is an excellent tackler, but his pursuit speed is very poor. At the 2007 NFL Combine he ran a very slow 4.88 second 40 yard dash and then at Florida’s Pro Day he did improve his 40 a little by running twice, one at 4.82 seconds, and the other at 4.73 seconds, but his three-cone time of 7.39 seconds was extremely slow for a 238 pound linebacker.

3. RB Tyrone Moss from Miami never lived up to the hype on the field, went to the NFL Scouting Combine, weighed in at a plump 5’ 9” 231 pounds and ran a slow 4.81 second 40. At Miami’s Pro Day he got his weight down to 227 pounds and did improve his 40 yard dash time to 4.65 seconds , but he isn’t big or fast enough to draw much interest in the 2007 NFL Draft.

4. LB Brandon Siler from Florida is another junior that came out early and probably shouldn’t have. Siler is strong at the point of attack, but his quickness and speed will be an extreme liability in the NFL. At the 2007 NFL Combine he measured in at 6’ 1” 241 pounds and ran two mediocre 40s of 4.69 and 4.74 seconds. At Florida’s Pro day he ran one of the slowest 3-cone times I have ever seen for a linebacker, an agonizingly slow 7.70 seconds.

5. LB Lamaar Woodley form Michigan has seen his draft stock plummet almost as much as California’s Daymeion Hughes. After a very poor showing at the Senior Bowl, he decided to skip the NFL Scouting Combine altogether.

6. Speaking of CB Daymeion Hughes, his foot speed was seriously brought into question at the NFL Combine, he couldn’t keep up in the positional drills, and then ran a painfully slow 4.74 second 40 yard dash. He also had a very poor 3-cone time of 7.28 seconds. He did improve his time a little at his Pro Day with a pair of 4.56 and a 4.58 second 40s, but the damage has already been done. He went from a possible 1st round draft pick in the 2007 NFL Draft to possibly a 4th or 5th rounder.

7. WR Reggie Ball from Georgia Tech was trying to do a position switch from quarterback to receiver. It’s not likely to happen after he ran a very slow 4.85 second 40 yard dash at the 2007 NFL Combine.

8. RB Gary Russell was out of football this year after playing for Minnesota in 2005. He must know someone, because he somehow still got a combine invite; he definitely shouldn’t have though. He showed up over weight at 5’ 10” 229 pounds and ran one terrible 4.87 second 40 yard dash, and then he refused to run any more drills stating “leg fatigue”.

9. TE Joe Newton from Oregon State did not look fast and quick at all. At the 2007 NFL Combine he ran a poor 4.97 second 40 yard dash, and his 3-cone time of 7.35 seconds was the 2nd slowest time of all the tight ends.

10. DE Victor Abiamiri from Notre Dame doesn’t look like NFL material to me. I watched him struggle at the Senior Bowl and then at the 2007 NFL Combine his times were among the slowest of all the defensive ends. He measured in at 6’ 4” 267 pounds, then ran two mediocre 40 yard dashes at 4.85 and 4.89 seconds, and then claimed an injury and refused to work out any more.

http://nfl-draft-site.blogspot.com/

YardRat
04-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Any coincidence that the first four are from Florida and Miami??

BILLSROCK1212
04-15-2007, 06:23 PM
After careful evaluation of on-the-field performance, NFL Scouting Combine and Pro Day performance I have came up with my first annual All-Over rated team for the NFL Draft.

1. LB Jon Beason from Miami has been talked about as a high draft pick since he decided to turn pro. I have even seen him in the first round of some 2007 NFL Mock Draft’s. It’s not going to happen, he is a player that looks slow on film and at the 2007 NFL Combine he confirmed that. He measured in at 6’ 2” 237 pounds and ran two poor 40s of 4.74 and 4.81 seconds. And then at Miami’s Pro day he cited a injured hamstring and refused to try and improve his time. Also I think he is over-rated partly due to the recent success of Jonathan Vilma, some people think if they are a linebacker from Miami they have to be good.

2. LB Earl Everett from Florida is another player that looks slow on film. He is an excellent tackler, but his pursuit speed is very poor. At the 2007 NFL Combine he ran a very slow 4.88 second 40 yard dash and then at Florida’s Pro Day he did improve his 40 a little by running twice, one at 4.82 seconds, and the other at 4.73 seconds, but his three-cone time of 7.39 seconds was extremely slow for a 238 pound linebacker.

3. RB Tyrone Moss from Miami never lived up to the hype on the field, went to the NFL Scouting Combine, weighed in at a plump 5’ 9” 231 pounds and ran a slow 4.81 second 40. At Miami’s Pro Day he got his weight down to 227 pounds and did improve his 40 yard dash time to 4.65 seconds , but he isn’t big or fast enough to draw much interest in the 2007 NFL Draft.

4. LB Brandon Siler from Florida is another junior that came out early and probably shouldn’t have. Siler is strong at the point of attack, but his quickness and speed will be an extreme liability in the NFL. At the 2007 NFL Combine he measured in at 6’ 1” 241 pounds and ran two mediocre 40s of 4.69 and 4.74 seconds. At Florida’s Pro day he ran one of the slowest 3-cone times I have ever seen for a linebacker, an agonizingly slow 7.70 seconds.

5. LB Lamaar Woodley form Michigan has seen his draft stock plummet almost as much as California’s Daymeion Hughes. After a very poor showing at the Senior Bowl, he decided to skip the NFL Scouting Combine altogether.

6. Speaking of CB Daymeion Hughes, his foot speed was seriously brought into question at the NFL Combine, he couldn’t keep up in the positional drills, and then ran a painfully slow 4.74 second 40 yard dash. He also had a very poor 3-cone time of 7.28 seconds. He did improve his time a little at his Pro Day with a pair of 4.56 and a 4.58 second 40s, but the damage has already been done. He went from a possible 1st round draft pick in the 2007 NFL Draft to possibly a 4th or 5th rounder.

7. WR Reggie Ball from Georgia Tech was trying to do a position switch from quarterback to receiver. It’s not likely to happen after he ran a very slow 4.85 second 40 yard dash at the 2007 NFL Combine.

8. RB Gary Russell was out of football this year after playing for Minnesota in 2005. He must know someone, because he somehow still got a combine invite; he definitely shouldn’t have though. He showed up over weight at 5’ 10” 229 pounds and ran one terrible 4.87 second 40 yard dash, and then he refused to run any more drills stating “leg fatigue”.

9. TE Joe Newton from Oregon State did not look fast and quick at all. At the 2007 NFL Combine he ran a poor 4.97 second 40 yard dash, and his 3-cone time of 7.35 seconds was the 2nd slowest time of all the tight ends.

10. DE Victor Abiamiri from Notre Dame doesn’t look like NFL material to me. I watched him struggle at the Senior Bowl and then at the 2007 NFL Combine his times were among the slowest of all the defensive ends. He measured in at 6’ 4” 267 pounds, then ran two mediocre 40 yard dashes at 4.85 and 4.89 seconds, and then claimed an injury and refused to work out any more.

terrible list especially because half of them aren't even close to overrated

oak tree 12
04-15-2007, 07:03 PM

lets just say alot of NFL teams and personell people disagree with you.
beason everett siler,come on,stats dont make the football player. either your a football player or your not,you pay way too much attention to 40 times and agility drills,alot of great players dont time well!!!!!!!!!!!

Sportsuser101
04-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Abiamiri? How exactly is this guy overrated? The guy is 1 of the most athletic DEs in the draft and is 6'4. Not only does he look like a physically gifted athlete but his #s prove that as well. He is at worse a late 2nd rounder.

Beason is also not overrated imo. In my opinion he's the best linebacker in the draft but thats because I don't like many of the linebackers in this draft.

40 times mean absolutely nothing to me when looking at a football player especially when you're talking about a defensive end.

ShadowHawk7
04-15-2007, 09:17 PM
terrible list especially because half of them aren't even close to overrated
How would you know that exactly? Did Kiper say something? The article's stats look in order to me, unless they were fudged. I'd LOVE Hughes in the 5th.

realdealryan
04-15-2007, 09:51 PM
I totally agree. Just look at their NFL stats.

:rolleyes:

SABURZFAN
04-15-2007, 09:53 PM
where's POZ????????

BILLSROCK1212
04-15-2007, 10:16 PM
How would you know that exactly? Did Kiper say something? The article's stats look in order to me, unless they were fudged. I'd LOVE Hughes in the 5th.i dont even know 3/4 of Kiper's opinions what i meant though was that these guys weren't overrated at all infact they are rated exactly where they should be....

Night Train
04-16-2007, 04:35 AM
I'm no big ND fan but Abiamiri looked like a very good DE in the games I watched him. He goes all out on every play.

Beason looks like an instant NFL starter in our type of Defense. I could care less about Combine stats. He's always around the ball making positive plays.

Forward_Lateral
04-16-2007, 06:31 AM
:rofl: This list lost all credibility when Beason was on it.

patmoran2006
04-16-2007, 08:01 AM
Everyone has a right to their opinion.. It shouldnt be bashed it's not like he said "the bills suck"

i agree on some, dont know enough about a few others to have opinions, and disagree 100% about Vic..

MVP
04-16-2007, 08:08 AM
hey 40 times don't mean ****!

ublinkwescore
04-16-2007, 10:29 AM
Is Lamaar Woodley gonna get drafted or what?

Pinkerton Security
04-16-2007, 10:34 AM
Is Lamaar Woodley gonna get drafted or what?

it'd be nuts if he didnt. i'd take him, but no earlier than the 5th.

ublinkwescore
04-16-2007, 12:08 PM
it'd be nuts if he didnt. i'd take him, but no earlier than the 5th.

Wow, that must mean he did plummet - wasn't he a Butkus award candidate or something?

don137
04-16-2007, 12:19 PM
I am sure the guy is right on some accounts. This guy puts way too much emphasis on the combine...Heck Tom Brady ran over a 5.0 40 yard dash...There are more things important then the combine. The combine helps inflate and deflate a person's value but the truth is when all is said and done it's what they show on a football field that counts.

Pinkerton Security
04-16-2007, 12:35 PM
Wow, that must mean he did plummet - wasn't he a Butkus award candidate or something?

he actually had a good season, with over 10 sacks (I believe), but not even showing up at the combine?? thats certainly gonna make him drop like a rock.

Pinkerton Security
04-16-2007, 12:37 PM
ya, woodley did have 12 sacks this year. perhaps ill change my mind, and take him no earlier tha the 4th. still though, getting dominated at the senior bowl and then not even showing up at the combine? dude's got issues.

OpIv37
04-16-2007, 12:53 PM
Abiamiri? How exactly is this guy overrated? The guy is 1 of the most athletic DEs in the draft and is 6'4. Not only does he look like a physically gifted athlete but his #s prove that as well. He is at worse a late 2nd rounder.

Agreed- Abiamiri was a force at ND and should be a great pro. Everyone has off-days.

Al13
04-16-2007, 03:52 PM
lamar woodley is a turnover machine, he will be a good LB in a 3-4

Photo Guy WNY
04-16-2007, 03:56 PM
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/apmegasports/lac11510292313.widec.jpg

SABURZFAN
04-16-2007, 06:12 PM
:rofl: This list lost all credibility when Beason was on it.

and Poz left off of it.

Bmax
04-16-2007, 09:41 PM
Beason ran a 4.61 and 4.62 at his pro day....

Bmax