PDA

View Full Version : Sabres fans are a breed apart

YardRat
04-16-2007, 06:03 AM
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070415.WBhockeyblog20070415170441/WBStory/WBhockeyblog/

You have to love Buffalo Sabres fans – they are consistent and there are no half-measures for them. Call them the bi-polar children of sports, for life is either exhilarating or not worth living.
Before the Eastern Conference quarter-final with the New York Islanders started, the Sabres fans were supremely confident, way past the point of arrogance. This included several fans who happen to have sports-talk radio shows, so the overwhelming impression to someone hopping around the dial was that the first-round series was little more than a diversion until the Sabres got serious about chasing the Stanley Cup.
The hubris was so evident, several members of the Islanders travelling party were heard talking about their encounters with local fans. The fans were polite with a huge undertone of condescension, the Islander types said.
Well, that all changed on Saturday night after goaltender Rick DiPietro came back from a concussion and stoned the Sabres. The fans reacted like scalded cats and more than a few were heard howling on the airwaves that the series was lost.
These folks need to take a pill.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-16-2007, 07:04 AM
That is evident on this board alone.

Meathead
04-16-2007, 07:29 AM
:lolpoint: newbies

Meathead
04-16-2007, 07:46 AM
Dolphin Fans Are an Inbreed Apart

You have to wonder about Miami Dolphin fans – they are inconsistent and there are plenty of half-measures for them. Call them the bi children of sports, for life is either pollyanic or mired in delusion.

Before their home opener with the Buffalo Bills started, the Dolphin fans were supremely confident, way past the point of arrogance. This included several fans who happened to have Culpepper jerseys on, so the overwhelming impression to someone hopping around the bulletin boards was that the southern Florida game was little more than a diversion until the Dolphins got serious about chasing the Superbowl.

The hubris was so evident, several members of the Bills traveling party were heard talking about their encounters with local fans. The fans were uninformed with a huge undertone of ignorance, pretty much everybody said.

Well, that all changed on Sunday afternoon. Culpepper played like he was stoned and gift wrapped a victory for the Bills. The fans reacted like sandy pussies and more than a few were heard meowing on the airwaves that Joey was the answer.

These folks need to take a neuroleptic.

Meathead
04-16-2007, 08:25 AM
i started it out as islander fans but it just worked a lot better as dolphin fans

Valerie
04-16-2007, 11:58 AM
I have to say, after Hammerbills got hit and needed stitches, I was very disappointed in Buffalo and its fans. :down:

And, I know that I am new to hockey, but 7 games is a long series and frankly anything can happen, as I've seen in several games. It's not a given that you're going to win the series. And to act otherwise is stupid, IMHO.

mchurchfie
04-16-2007, 12:02 PM
I have to say, after Hammerbills got hit and needed stitches, I was very disappointed in Buffalo and its fans. :down:

That was an act of passion.:couch:

Valerie
04-16-2007, 12:12 PM
That was an act of passion.:couch:
I usually tongue someone down as an act of passion :forward: not deck them! lol

mchurchfie
04-16-2007, 12:14 PM
:naughty:

BlackMetalNinja
04-16-2007, 05:06 PM

That might be the hottest thing ever posted on this site...

But Buffalo or somewhere else, the same thing could have happened just as easily. Wearing an opponents jersey in enemy territory when everybody is nicely loaded just isn't the wisest choice. I'm not justifying it in the least, the guy was probably an *******, but I'm just saying, it's not just Buffalo where that happens.