PDA

View Full Version : Last Year as a Bill?

Don't Panic
04-16-2007, 10:13 AM
Take a look at our current roster and try and determine the guys (who will make at least a ripple of an impact) who are playing for the chance to come back next year, meaning a poor performance or lack of growth could lead to OBD cutting them loose or not resigning them. My list:

Price
Reed
Everett
Preston
Hargrove
Anderson (if he's even here)

Not that long of a list... not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing! Your take?

OpIv37
04-16-2007, 10:16 AM
all those guys are easily replacable.

M
Why is Hargrove on your list?? I thought he played pretty decently last year.

OpIv37
However, if Hargrove steps it up this year, they'll find a way to bring him back.

Ebenezer
04-16-2007, 10:20 AM
some may not make the team THIS year.

OpIv37
04-16-2007, 10:21 AM
oh and Anderson shouldn't be on the team THIS year. We have Walker, Williams, McCargo, and Tripplett, plus Hargrove can play DT. I don't care if we don't replace him, I don't care if we replace him with a 6th round draft pick- the guy is an absolute liability on the field.

Pinkerton Security
04-16-2007, 10:24 AM
I think the Bills like Reed's blocking and strong run after the catch.

I think Hargrove is set, cuz we need depth, and unless he does something awful next year, i see him coming back. he is also one of my favorite new bills, as he seeminly has endless energy and enthusiasm.

unless price steps up, i couldnt care less what happens to him.

everett and preston need to show us their true worth (and i really hope everett does something this year). we all know this, has been discussed before.

anderson is dead to me. literally. if he doesnt die in the next week im prolly gonna have him offed. jk. but seriously.

Don't Panic
04-16-2007, 10:31 AM
Why is Hargrove on your list?? I thought he played pretty decently last year.

I like him, I just think that he'll be the odd man out. I could see them keeping him as a rotational player, though.

Don't Panic
04-16-2007, 10:33 AM
Am I missing anyone? I'm waiting for a "realist" to post.

justasportsfan
04-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Aiken & Wilson

gr8slayer
04-16-2007, 11:11 AM
I thought Reed got an extension?

clumping platelets
04-16-2007, 11:12 AM
Josh Reed is a SOLID #3 WR...........he'll be here for a few more yrs

gr8slayer
04-16-2007, 11:16 AM
And he's our best run blocker.

Don't Panic
04-16-2007, 11:35 AM
Reed makes $2.5 mil. (cap number) a year, though. Isn't that a bit high for a 3rd WR?

gr8slayer
04-16-2007, 11:40 AM
Reed makes $2.5 mil. (cap number) a year, though. Isn't that a bit high for a 3rd WR?
Not the way the cap is/is about to be.

Jan Reimers
04-16-2007, 11:56 AM
Anderson should be gone, and Marv has already put Everett and Preston on notice. Both of them will have to play well in camp.

Price and Reed are decent veteran WRs, and Hargrove is a really young guy with upside.

The Answer
04-16-2007, 12:12 PM
Take a look at our current roster and try and determine the guys (who will make at least a ripple of an impact) who are playing for the chance to come back next year, meaning a poor performance or lack of growth could lead to OBD cutting them loose or not resigning them. My list:

Price
Reed
Everett
Preston
Hargrove
Anderson (if he's even here)

Not that long of a list... not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing! Your take?

The only one on that list that The Answer is interested in keeping is Peerless Price - we need to lock him up long term and keep him a Bill the rest of his career.

As for the rest - nothing more but camp fodder or leftover scrubs from the Donablow regime. Time to take out the trash jack!

~The Answer

Dont drink the water
04-16-2007, 12:13 PM
Reed who was only WR besides Evans who was solid last year; he is healthier, catching well and fits the offensive scheme. Price is definitely on the bubble. And of Anderson is on team to be the press / fan base whipping boy.

The Answer
04-16-2007, 12:15 PM

He's useless and more Donablow leftover trash that needs to be discarded.

~The Answer

bigbub2352
04-16-2007, 12:17 PM
My list is lenghthy, but i dont see any of these guys doin anything for us

Gone
Sam Aiken WR
Kirk Chambers OT
Randy Hand G
Kevin Harrison OLB
Fred Jackson RB- dont believe the hype 4.7 40 time
Jason Jefferson DT
Matt Murphy TE
Ryan Nuefeld TE
Eric Powell DE
Walter Stith OT
Geoerge Wilson WR

On The Fence
Kevin Everett TE
Duke Preston C/G
Josh Stamer OLB
Shaud Williams RB

Should Contribute at least on ST
John Digioro ILB
Jim Leonard FS/SS
Roy Manning OLB
Ryan Neil DE
Eric Bassey CB

I am really hoping that Shaud and Fred are both replaced by the draft a vetran Fa move and a UDFA being brought in here, also i think Manning a Michigan product will be a nice fit for the Cover 2 he can play ball and hasnt got his shot yet, also Digioro is Stamer's replacement on ST, i thin cause of his bad injury last year Stamer's days here are numbered

Earthquake Enyart
04-16-2007, 12:18 PM
JP :couch: