PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night game

Mr. Miyagi
04-16-2007, 01:18 PM
If we play well and kick Dallas' ass on national TV Monday night game, this could be the coming out party for us.

You want media respect? You want Chris Mortensen and Mel Kiper to stop bashing the Bills? You want snobby ass FAs like Corey Dillon to stop snubbing us and want to come play for us? Beat the "America's Team" Cowboys convincingly in the spotlight and we'll get whatever praises we want.

T-Long
04-16-2007, 01:28 PM
amen to that

mikemac2001
04-16-2007, 01:43 PM
plus cowboys are gay

gr8slayer
04-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Cowboys game = my first ever Bills home game!

Mr. Miyagi
04-16-2007, 01:55 PM
Cowboys game = my first ever Bills home game!
YOU GO BOY! Bring a sign and represent BillsZone!

gr8slayer
04-16-2007, 01:58 PM
YOU GO BOY! Bring a sign and represent BillsZone!
Don't worry, I am!

OpIv37
04-16-2007, 02:06 PM
If we play well and kick Dallas' ass on national TV Monday night game, this could be the coming out party for us.

You want media respect? You want Chris Mortensen and Mel Kiper to stop bashing the Bills? You want snobby ass FAs like Corey Dillon to stop snubbing us and want to come play for us? Beat the "America's Team" Cowboys convincingly in the spotlight and we'll get whatever praises we want.

Wow, I don't know where to start with this one.

First, the Bills ALWAYS suck in night games. I don't know what it is, but it's like the more people that watch, the worse they do.

Second, the Cowboys, for all their problems, are still the better team at this point.

Third, Sunday Night Football has become the showcase- MNF does not carry the prestige that it used to.

And finally, the current incarnation of the Cowboys is far removed from being "America's Team".

Mr. Miyagi
04-16-2007, 02:14 PM
Leave it to Op to disagree with anything positive.

I wouldn't have it any other way. :up:

OpIv37
04-16-2007, 02:18 PM
You want a coming out party? Make the damn playoffs.

gr8slayer
04-16-2007, 02:26 PM
You want a coming out party? Make the damn playoffs.
:rofl:

Op, you would still find a problem if we made the play-offs.

jamze132
04-16-2007, 02:27 PM

Although I feel your sentiment, I could give two ****s what mort and Kiper's stupid asses say.

justasportsfan
04-16-2007, 03:08 PM

First, the Bills ALWAYS suck in night games. I don't know what it is, but it's like the more people that watch, the worse they do.

Second, the Cowboys, for all their problems, are still the better team at this point.

Third, Sunday Night Football has become the showcase- MNF does not carry the prestige that it used to.

And finally, the current incarnation of the Cowboys is far removed from being "America's Team".

This post is so gay :limp:

OP, the original post starts off with an IF

OpIv37
04-16-2007, 03:13 PM
This post is so gay :limp:

OP, the original postr says IF

Well even IF we win, MNF does not have the prestige it once did and beating the Cowboys is not the accomplishment it once was. So, Miyagi is still wrong about a victory having a "coming out party" effect and silencing the critics.

justasportsfan
04-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Well even IF we win, MNF does not have the prestige it once did and beating the Cowboys is not the accomplishment it once was. So, Miyagi is still wrong about a victory having a "coming out party" effect and silencing the critics.

It's his opinion. Just like it's my opinion that your posts is almost like reading Ricky Martins reaction IF invited to the playboy mansion.

I just don't know how anyone can have sand in the v@gina on a daily basis.

OpIv37
04-16-2007, 03:22 PM
It's his opinion. Just like it's my opinion that your posts is almost like reading Ricky Martins reaction IF invited to the playboy mansion.

Didn't you read the TZ? I can't work from home anymore- I had to get up, shave, put on pants and drive to work like a normal person. So yeah, I'm in a pissy mood today, even by my standards.

Also I get sick of hearing about how great it would be if our team did that, or how great this player is, etc, when this team hasn't done **** for years and this year isn't looking any better.

RockStar36
04-16-2007, 03:25 PM
I know exactly what Op is saying. Most recent times of having a night game the Bills have been absolutely embarrassed. And yes, MNF isn't a big deal anymore. Sunday night is where its at but regardless, for that night the Bills are the only game on tv so people will have to watch and hopefully take notice of a team on the rise. I'm also glad to see that it is a home night game so that Buffalo can (hopefully) have a good crowd considering how much everyone rips on the city but I don't have a great feeling about the game.

justasportsfan
04-16-2007, 03:33 PM
Didn't you read the TZ? I can't work from home anymore- I had to get up, shave, put on pants and drive to work like a normal person. So yeah, I'm in a pissy mood today, even by my standards. So the rest of us has to suffer with your PMS? Thgat's actually a good thing for us. We won't have read a much B!tching from you.

Also I get sick of hearing about how great it would be if our team did that, or how great this player is, etc, when this team hasn't done **** for years and this year isn't looking any better.

they were discussing 1 game. Not 1 season. DUH!!!

Nobody's saying we're winning the superbowl . Seriously bro, shove a tampon somewhere in there and we all won't have to suffer with you.

Mr. Miyagi
04-16-2007, 03:35 PM
:rofl:

Mr. Miyagi
04-16-2007, 03:38 PM
Didn't you read the TZ? I can't work from home anymore- I had to get up, shave, put on pants and drive to work like a normal person. So yeah, I'm in a pissy mood today, even by my standards.

Dude I respect the fact that you want to be a negative nancy all your life, but please respect my positive attitude once in a while.

Jan Reimers
04-16-2007, 03:40 PM
the Cowboys, for all their problems, are still the better team at this point.
Luckily for us, we're not playing them at this point. We'll be a powerhouse by October 8th.:dance:

SquishDaFish
04-16-2007, 03:40 PM
:lmao:

OpIv37
04-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Dude I respect the fact that you want to be a negative nancy all your life, but please respect my positive attitude once in a while.

don't mistake disagreement for disrespect.

Photo Guy WNY
04-16-2007, 04:07 PM
win or lose.. mmmmm
http://irving.beloblog.com/archives/Christina.jpg

Typ0
04-16-2007, 05:14 PM
While the "premier package" has moved to Sunday nights Monday is still an exclusive national game in prime time. It certainly is a good stage for the Bills to be playing on unless they look like crap.

justasportsfan
04-16-2007, 05:16 PM
While the "premier package" has moved to Sunday nights Monday is still an exclusive national game in prime time. It certainly is a good stage for the Bills to be playing on unless they look like crap.

:up:

G. Host
04-16-2007, 05:28 PM

First, the Bills ALWAYS suck in night games. I don't know what it is, but it's like the more people that watch, the worse they do. .

I guess we know now that you were cheering the Titans in 1998 home game against Titans. That was a great NIGHT game.

OpIv37
04-16-2007, 09:58 PM
I guess we know now that you were cheering the Titans in 1998 home game against Titans. That was a great NIGHT game.

you have to go back 9 years to find an example to prove me wrong? Well guess what? if that's the case, you didn't really prove me wrong. Look at the Bills overall record in night games- it's been horrendous for at least the last 10 years.

G. Host
04-16-2007, 10:12 PM
you have to go back 9 years to find an example to prove me wrong? Well guess what? if that's the case, you didn't really prove me wrong. Look at the Bills overall record in night games- it's been horrendous for at least the last 10 years.
You said ALWAYS. I proved you wrong in that you do not know what the word means or posted the WRONG word. If you do not know what the word means and you do not want to be cited for using t wrong then do not us it.

It was a HOME game and last one I went to in evening not in preseason and the Cowboys game is a HOME game it is in the evening. Silly it use a game as an example, which HOME game were you going to cite? Was it further back than 10 years?

OpIv37
04-16-2007, 10:13 PM
You said ALWAYS. I proved you wrong in that you do not know what the word means or posted the WRONG word. If you do not know what the word means and you do not want to be cited for using t wrong then do not us it.

It was a HOME game and last one I went to in evening not in preseason and the Cowboys game is a HOME game it is in the evening. Silly it use a game as an example, which HOME game were you going to cite?

How about the MOST RECENT one when we got manhandled by the Broncos on a Saturday night game?

G. Host
04-16-2007, 10:16 PM
How about the MOST RECENT one when we got manhandled by the Broncos on a Saturday night game?

So I see ... One game defines always. JP overthrows one pass and he always overthrows it. The Bills win one game and they win them always. The Bills win one game and they always win. Amazing I can not find the use of that word that way in dictionary.

OpIv37
04-16-2007, 10:24 PM
So I see ... One game defines always. JP overthrows one pass and he always overthrows it. The Bills win one game and they win them always. The Bills win one game and they always win. Amazing I can not find the use of that word that way in dictionary.

don't be so ****ing anal retentive.

So maybe I shouldn't have used the word "always".

but you know as well as I do that this team usually SUCKS on the national stage so you're making a semantic argument.

Holcomb played the Denver game- not Losman. And it was much worse than the final score suggested cuz the Bills scored some garbage time points.

So there was the Denver game, the 38-5 drubbing by KC, the 17-7 loss to Miami (both in 03), 29-6 loss to NE in 04, loss to NE in 05.....

We've lost at least the last 6 night games we've played.

FlyingDutchman
04-16-2007, 11:02 PM

i wish just once i could read a positive thread without having you come in right on cue to piss on the parade. the subject always seems to turn to people having to defend their opinions from you. jesus christ....

OpIv37
04-17-2007, 08:41 AM
i wish just once i could read a positive thread without having you come in right on cue to piss on the parade. the subject always seems to turn to people having to defend their opinions from you. jesus christ....

well if people have opinions, they should be able to defend them. I happen to strongly disagree with his assessment and so I stated why. That's kind of the purpose of a message board. This place would be rather boring if each thread was "The Bills are great because" followed by six pages of "Great post- I agree!".

Mr. Miyagi
04-17-2007, 08:44 AM
:sigh:

FlyingDutchman
04-17-2007, 08:51 AM
well if people have opinions, they should be able to defend them. I happen to strongly disagree with his assessment and so I stated why. That's kind of the purpose of a message board. This place would be rather boring if each thread was "The Bills are great because" followed by six pages of "Great post- I agree!".

disagreements are fine, but you love to put your opinion as the way it is ALL THE FREAKIN TIME and cant just let positive people have their freakin moment. We are freakin Bills fans. Weve dealt with negativity for years, we dont need you constantly beating a dead horse. Let us find our silver freakin lining and have moment for one freakin thread.....somehow threads love to turn to crap the moment you put your salty opinion in.

Jan Reimers
04-17-2007, 10:05 AM
I don't put much stock in past history. This is a young team with a 2nd year coach and GM, a lot of new players, and a different outlook. I don't see us as automatically failing in any particular situation