PDA

View Full Version : Agent says Bills and LB

jack1022
04-16-2007, 03:16 PM
http://www.linkbucks.com/Frameset.aspx?lbh=88B3DC26962DF36BBCE2C38FBB9B0AA6&OrigLink=http%3a%2f%2fpittsburghlive.com%2fx%2fpittsburghtrib%2fnews%2frss%2fs_502684.html&lid=78376&ia=False

patmoran2006
04-16-2007, 03:20 PM
LIke I said.. Whether its my best friend or a stranger sitting next to me at the bar.. If the Bills draft Paul Posluszny without moving down first, somebody is going to catch a beating.

OpIv37
04-16-2007, 03:20 PM
man, I hope this is some kind of smoke screen and this guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

But I have to say that I'm getting a little concerned by the amount of talk about Poz at 12. He is not the answer for this team's LB troubles.

Jan Reimers
04-16-2007, 03:29 PM
I don't see him at 12, either, but he's the kind of guy Marv loves. And very few of us saw Whitner at 8, but I think that's going to work out just fine.

OpIv37
04-16-2007, 03:30 PM
well Whitner is better than Poz.

Ed
04-16-2007, 03:35 PM
I don't like what I'm hearing, but keep in mind the comment about the Bills really liking Poz is coming from his agent. He might just be saying that on the off chance that a team would try and move ahead of Buffalo to grab him.

Philagape
04-16-2007, 03:38 PM
Of course, we know better than the FO

OpIv37
04-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Of course, we know better than the FO

I ****ing really hate this mentality.

You know, when we signed Bowen, I asked a friend who is a Skins fan about him. And he said "he's kinda slow for the Cover 2 and he's always injured." Guess what? After a year of doing nothing, Bowen got hurt. Another Bills fan told me he got a spot-on assessment of Robert Royal from a Skins fan that accurately described Royal's limitations.

The FO is NOT infallible just because they are the FO. And if you need more evidence, just look at the slew of bad moves made by Tom Donahoe. Yes, I know, Levy is not TD- but it's still proof that the FO isn't always right.

Philagape
04-16-2007, 03:59 PM
I ****ing really hate this mentality.

You know, when we signed Bowen, I asked a friend who is a Skins fan about him. And he said "he's kinda slow for the Cover 2 and he's always injured." Guess what? After a year of doing nothing, Bowen got hurt. Another Bills fan told me he got a spot-on assessment of Robert Royal from a Skins fan that accurately described Royal's limitations.

The FO is NOT infallible just because they are the FO. And if you need more evidence, just look at the slew of bad moves made by Tom Donahoe. Yes, I know, Levy is not TD- but it's still proof that the FO isn't always right.

But what about OUR record? Show me evidence that the critics here have been more accurate.

The Answer
04-16-2007, 04:01 PM
man, I hope this is some kind of smoke screen and this guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

But I have to say that I'm getting a little concerned by the amount of talk about Poz at 12. He is not the answer for this team's LB troubles.

The Answer couldn't have said it any better.

~The Answer

Ickybaluky
04-16-2007, 04:23 PM
I think POS would be a great fit in a 4-3 as a WLB or MLB. I don't think he is as good a fit in a 3-4.

He'd be a great fit for Buffalo's defense.

X-Era
04-16-2007, 04:53 PM
http://www.linkbucks.com/Frameset.aspx?lbh=88B3DC26962DF36BBCE2C38FBB9B0AA6&OrigLink=http%3a%2f%2fpittsburghlive.com%2fx%2fpittsburghtrib%2fnews%2frss%2fs_502684.html&lid=78376&ia=False

If they draft him, Im thinking its a move back into late 1st. I can see them doing that, they have the firepower.

Peterson at 12, Puz at say 25 ish for our 2nd and our first 3rd, and then another LB in the 3rd, thats a very good day one.

25 is 720, our 2nd plus our first 3rd is 690.

I think its too much for him though to be honest, Id rather see an equal talent like Siler get picked up in the 2nd round and save the 3rd rounder.

Saratoga Slim
04-16-2007, 07:59 PM
I want a LB in round one. If Willis isn't there, I'd prefer Beason myself, but if they decide Poz is a better fit with all the tape and tools they have available, I'll be OK with it. He's going to be a very good football player.

Devin
04-16-2007, 08:04 PM
I want a LB in round one. If Willis isn't there, I'd prefer Beason myself, but if they decide Poz is a better fit with all the tape and tools they have available, I'll be OK with it. He's going to be a very good football player.

Agreed. I mean yeah there are other players id prefer, but ill trust whoever they draft. They did a fine job last year and I am sure they will this year as well. No biggie, Marv has it under control.

Tatonka
04-16-2007, 11:49 PM
well Whitner is better than Poz.

really, while your looking into that crystal ball.. why dont you hook me up with the mega million numbers too, sport.

Tatonka
04-16-2007, 11:54 PM
ideally.. i would LOVE to see them move down and take a guy like him or beason.. pick up an extra 2nd rounder..

we could really fill some huge holes with 2 2nds and 2 3rds..

the options would be limitless.. leonard, hill, hughes, booker, bush, miller, siler, pittman, jarrett, gonzo.. take your pick of 4 possilbly.. plus puz ...

as Borat would say.. very nice.

jamesiscool
04-16-2007, 11:54 PM
really, while your looking into that crystal ball.. why dont you hook me up with the mega million numbers too, sport.

:rofl:

classic.

T-Long
04-17-2007, 12:49 AM
POSZ POSZ POSZ POSZ!!!!

jamesiscool
04-17-2007, 01:05 AM
im not guna lie, i like puz. but not at 12. i think we can get him if we move down a few spots unless theres something the bills and otehr GM's know thatwe dont.

but if we got him at twelve im not guna go on a rampage. he's a good player who could thrive in this defense. AND we'd have most likely the most white starters in the front 7 of the defense anywherein the league. not that it means anything but yea lol.

what it all boils down to is i trust marvs ability to draft players and evaluate talent,caharacet, dedication etc. and all the things that make a good, successful football player.

so if we take poz at 12, so be it.

User Manuel
04-17-2007, 07:35 AM

I just threw up in my mouth.

Marv, Just say no to Poz.

Ultra Chimp 1
04-17-2007, 07:37 AM
What I don't understand is this. If they plan on drafting Poz than why wouldn't the Bills trade their first for Turner to San Diego?

Poz will still be there late.

OpIv37
04-17-2007, 08:46 AM

:rolleyes:

You know, it doesn't take a crystal ball to evaluate players. Scouts, coaches and GM's do it all the time- in fact, it's pretty much their job. Yes, the system is not infallible and mistakes are made, but it isn't NEARLY as random as picking lottery numbers. So your analogy is not applicable to the situation at all.

Stewie
04-17-2007, 08:48 AM
the people who would lambast marv for taking the player he wants at 12 are making a lot of assumptions... that his player is available at a lower pick.. that another team wants a player at 12.. that the two teams can work out a deal that's favorable to both in a couple minutes..

and thats completely ignoring the 50% first round failure rate and fact that good plyaers can be found in every round in the draft, and even as undrafted FA's.

In Marv I trust

feelthepain
04-17-2007, 09:17 AM

No chance Pos goes that high.

OpIv37
04-17-2007, 09:18 AM
No chance Pos goes that high.

I seriously hope you're right.

justasportsfan
04-17-2007, 09:44 AM
:rolleyes:

You know, it doesn't take a crystal ball to evaluate players. Scouts, coaches and GM's do it all the time- in fact, it's pretty much their job. Yes, the system is not infallible and mistakes are made, but it isn't NEARLY as random as picking lottery numbers. So your analogy is not applicable to the situation at all.
but you know better than these scouts and GMs? While GMs are not infallible are you when you say this or that guy is not the answer or this guy is better than that guy ?

casdhf
04-17-2007, 09:48 AM
LIke I said.. Whether its my best friend or a stranger sitting next to me at the bar.. If the Bills draft Paul Posluszny without moving down first, somebody is going to catch a beating. Lets hope its your wife, Pat!

R. Rich
04-17-2007, 09:52 AM
But what about OUR record? Show me evidence that the critics here have been more accurate.

Read any of Bryan's posts. As accurate as they come.

bigbub2352
04-17-2007, 09:53 AM
Guys Poz can play i am a big PSU fan and i dont understand the hate he is gettin, he is a solid player and played at a big time school, i know he is not black and didnt run a 4.38 at his pro day but compare his numbers to any LB in this draft read about his career in HS and in college, watch some of the hits he put on people, and i really think people will start to change there mind,
By the way he can play all the LBer positions and isnt slow at all just didnt run a skeptical 4.38 like Willis, he is extrememly intelligent and was Captain of his Defense too, he has all the intangibles to be a great NFL player in the mold of Zach Tomas but bigger, i have been stating for a while he will be the pick at 12, Marv sees Shane Conlan jr in him dont be surprised if this is the way it goes,

Also if he didnt get hurt and came out his junior year like he planned he would have been a top 10 pick, now cause of Willis shooting up draft boards, he is the man otherwise Poz would be the #1 Lb in the country for the 2nd year in a row

feelthepain
04-17-2007, 10:03 AM
I seriously hope you're right.

I think the Bills will go with one of these,

Willis, Peterson, Lynch, Okoye, Branch, Hall, or Carriker. Considering where you pick and who will still be on the board, it will either be...IMO, Lynch or Carriker.

Ofcouse I hope you take a kicker in round 1, but I doubt it!

OpIv37
04-17-2007, 10:10 AM
but you know better than these scouts and GMs? While GMs are not infallible are you when you say this or that guy is not the answer or this guy is better than that guy ?

the general consensus amongst people who do draft picks and player evaluations is that Poz isn't worth the 12th pick? Are we just supposed to ignore them and trust our FO? Why is their professional opinion worthless but the professional opinion of our FO should be trusted? The logic is inherently inconsistent- the only difference between our professionals and other professionals is the Bills logo on their polo shirts. That doesn't automatically make them better, although many here seem to think it does.

OpIv37
04-17-2007, 10:13 AM
I think the Bills will go with one of these,

Willis, Peterson, Lynch, Okoye, Branch, Hall, or Carriker. Considering where you pick and who will still be on the board, it will either be...IMO, Lynch or Carriker.

Ofcouse I hope you take a kicker in round 1, but I doubt it!

I could live with any of those except Hall. I'm 50/50 on the DL- on one hand, our DL needs help. On the other hand, in the last 14 months or so we've added 5 DL- two draft picks, two trades (Hargrove and Walker) and one FA (Tripplett). I'd almost prefer to use the pick on another hole and hope one of the previous DT moves paid off, but I would still prefer DT over CB when we already have a virtual rookie CB to get burned in Youboty.

feelthepain
04-17-2007, 10:40 AM
I could live with any of those except Hall. I'm 50/50 on the DL- on one hand, our DL needs help. On the other hand, in the last 14 months or so we've added 5 DL- two draft picks, two trades (Hargrove and Walker) and one FA (Tripplett). I'd almost prefer to use the pick on another hole and hope one of the previous DT moves paid off, but I would still prefer DT over CB when we already have a virtual rookie CB to get burned in Youboty.

Given the Bills have no size inside on the Dline and where your team finished against the run last year, I think Branch would fill a big need. Given who will be on the board and where you Draft I think Branch will be avalible. However you have no RB, I think the Bills need a RB more then any other position right now, you can get one later, but Lynch is much better then anything you'll find later.

justasportsfan
04-17-2007, 11:02 AM
the general consensus amongst people who do draft picks and player evaluations is that Poz isn't worth the 12th pick? Are we just supposed to ignore them and trust our FO? Why is their professional opinion worthless but the professional opinion of our FO should be trusted? The logic is inherently inconsistent- the only difference between our professionals and other professionals is the Bills logo on their polo shirts. That doesn't automatically make them better, although many here seem to think it does.

I wasn't alking about POz. I was talking about YOU telling us what is and what isn't with a period after a statement and telling us you don't need a crystal ball. Just like "well Whitner is better than Poz" etc.

Just to answer you posts about scouts, prior to last years draft these scouts would've said we are crazy if we take Whitner at 8. So while scouts are scouts, they don't know how to put a team together. They are not GM's or coaches. So anything they say should be taken with a grain of salt.

These scouts like GM's are also not infallible. They've made tons of mistakes assessing guys talent that became busts . You want a list? I've give you one. Mike Williams. Both mistakes by a GM and scout.

So point is, if you'd rather believe scouts over coaches and GM's that's your call. Don't make GM's look like they are infallible and then talk like scouts are not.

Scouts would never say Peters would make it as a LT.

BTW, your assessment of Royal blows. While he wasn't all that, IMO he was better than any TE we've had since Marv's time. Your Redskin friend assessed him as a blocking TE. He's done a decent job at catching the ball IN HIS FIRST YEAR, IN A NEW SYSTEM AND AS A CATCHING TE.Don't forget, he was also made to block for a QB who was still LEARNING the ropes so to speak.

Give him 1 more year before you start saying this and that guy blows. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on Royals. I'd rather wait after this year to see if he blows or not.

If you like to judge players in such circumstances regardless of position, does Tripplett blow?

OpIv37
04-17-2007, 11:10 AM
I wasn't alking about POz. I was talking about YOU telling us what is and what isn't with a period after a statement and telling us you don't need a crystal ball. Just like "well Whitner is better than Poz" etc.

Just to answer you posts about scouts, prior to last years draft these scouts would've said we are crazy if we take Whitner at 8. So while scouts are scouts, they don't know how to put a team together. They are not GM's or coaches. So anything they say should be taken with a grain of salt.

These scouts like GM's are also not infallible. They've made tons of mistakes assessing guys talent that became busts . You want a list? I've give you one. Mike Williams. Both mistakes by a GM and scout.

So point is, if you'd rather believe scouts over coaches and GM's that's your call. Don't make GM's look like they are infallible and then talk like scouts are not.

personally I don't give much creedence to either of their opinions until there are results on the field. But people here are fond of criticizing the way the sports media ranks players and the way other teams have their draft boards while standing by the Bills draft board as if it was handed to Moses on a stone tablet by God himself.

I never said that scouts were infallible and GM's are not- I want to know why people here think the Bills' draft board is infallible while the mock draft and draft boards of other professionals are full of ****.

justasportsfan
04-17-2007, 11:35 AM
personally I don't give much creedence to either of their opinions until there are results on the field.you should apply that way of thinking before you start talking like we don't have a chance against the cowboys especially this early in the season. You should also apply that to every poster post here before you start posting your negativity around here like it's a fact. Let's wait for camp , preseason and the games prior to the cowboys game before you start talking like we can't beat them.

But people here are fond of criticizing the way the sports media ranks players and the way other teams have their draft boards while standing by the Bills draft board as if it was handed to Moses on a stone tablet by God himself. You guys are generalizing based on a few posts by saying "people here" even though it's not an OVERALL opinion. You pessimists are so sensitive by a few or so positive posts. Just like wys generalizing and painting BZ to be a homeristic board or Moran calling me a homer because as far as I'm concerned the jury is still out on MArv instead of me flipflopping back and forth. Give me a break.

I never said that scouts were infallible and GM's are not- I want to know why people here think the Bills' draft board is infallible while the mock draft and draft boards of other professionals are full of ****. I never said you said that but thats the premise of your post that I quoted. Not your entire way of thinking. Just that post.

we learn by experience and experience tells us that this FO is unpredictable. Scouts and so called draft experts blasted last years draft only to find out that it wasn't as bad as they made it look.

As a matter of fact, last years draft is leaning toward making them look like idiots. I will wait for another year before we can accurately grade last years draft while these so called experts have already graded Marv's drafts which is why I take their opinins with a grain of salt. The grades are made on the field like you said.

OpIv37
04-17-2007, 11:39 AM
you should apply that way of thinking before you start talking like we don't have a chance against the cowboys especially this early in the season. You should also apply that to every poster post here before you start posting your negativity around here like it's a fact.

We can only go by the information that we have. Think about this: If the Bills were playing the Cowboys this coming Monday at the Ralph, and you could win $1 million by picking the winner correctly, which pick would give you the best shot at winning that million?

And no, my negativity isn't fact, but I have reasons for my opinions, unlike a lot of the homers who post around here.

Philagape
04-17-2007, 11:51 AM
Read any of OpIBeRight37, aka Bryan's, posts. As accurate as they come.

Who?

justasportsfan
04-17-2007, 12:16 PM
We can only go by the information that we have. Think about this: If the Bills were playing the Cowboys this coming Monday at the Ralph, and you could win $1 million by picking the winner correctly, which pick would give you the best shot at winning that million?

And no, my negativity isn't fact, but I have reasons for my opinions, unlike a lot of the homers who post around here.

1st of all thats just stupid . Do you have any information as to how the cowboys are doing with their new headcoach? It's pretty onvious youre going by what happened last year. Neither teams are the same so there is no info. other than paper and if you go by paper, most coaches ON PAPER aren't very successful in their first year no?

2nd of all, the game isn't this coming monday. you made a gay comment about the bills/cowboys like the game is on monday which is not . That's not just paper buty fact as well.

OpIv37
04-17-2007, 01:33 PM
1st of all thats just stupid . Do you have any information as to how the cowboys are doing with their new headcoach? It's pretty onvious youre going by what happened last year. Neither teams are the same so there is no info. other than paper and if you go by paper, most coaches ON PAPER aren't very successful in their first year no?

2nd of all, the game isn't this coming monday. you made a gay comment about the bills/cowboys like the game is on monday which is not . That's not just paper buty fact as well.

All we have to go on is past information. Based on how the current incarnation of the Bills have been playing and the people they lost in the off-season, versus how the current incarnation of the Cowboys have played and their off-season, at this moment the Cowboys are better. We have the draft, but so do they. And there are few if any FA's available who would be difference-makers. Throw in how the Bills have faired in night games recently, and the odds are definitely not in Buffalo's favor.

Is it a guaranteed loss? Of course not- if that were the case there would be no point in playing any of the games. But it's illogical for Miyagi to go billing it as a statement game when the odds are clearly not in Buffalo's favor.

You act like all the players and coaches are complete unknowns and no one has any idea what will happen when they hit the field, and thats not the case at all.

justasportsfan
04-17-2007, 02:34 PM
All we have to go on is past information. Based on how the current incarnation of the Bills have been playing and the people they lost in the off-season, versus how the current incarnation of the Cowboys have played and their off-season, at this moment the Cowboys are better. We have the draft, but so do they. And there are few if any FA's available who would be difference-makers. Throw in how the Bills have faired in night games recently, and the odds are definitely not in Buffalo's favor. .
Past information only applies if it's the exact same team. Again the bills that stunk up those night games are not the same team just like the NO saints from last year were not the same team from the year before. It's common sense.

Is it a guaranteed loss? Of course not- if that were the case there would be no point in playing any of the games. But it's illogical for Miyagi to go billing it as a statement game when the odds are clearly not in Buffalo's favor.. again , it's his OPINION. Opinions are neither wrong nor right. It's not about logic and you shouldn't be talking logic because you always contradict yourself when it comes to logic.

You act like all the players and coaches are complete unknowns and no one has any idea what will happen when they hit the field, and thats not the case at all.

Okay then, so tell me what the stats will be for that game with the current players for both teams . Who will be our rb? How many sacks will Walker and Dockery allow? Which among the current cb's on the bills will get torched? Who will be the starting rb for the bills and how many yds or TD's will he have?

Answer all those questions. I DARE YOU!!! When you do , I will have more questions.

feelthepain
04-17-2007, 02:42 PM
All we have to go on is past information. Based on how the current incarnation of the Bills have been playing and the people they lost in the off-season, versus how the current incarnation of the Cowboys have played and their off-season, at this moment the Cowboys are better. We have the draft, but so do they. And there are few if any FA's available who would be difference-makers. Throw in how the Bills have faired in night games recently, and the odds are definitely not in Buffalo's favor.

Is it a guaranteed loss? Of course not- if that were the case there would be no point in playing any of the games. But it's illogical for Miyagi to go billing it as a statement game when the odds are clearly not in Buffalo's favor.

I don't know why you argue with justahomer, In it's opinion, it's always right.

justasportsfan
04-17-2007, 02:44 PM
I don't know why you argue with justahomer, In it's opinion, it's always right.
See OP, you have the village ret@rd on your side now. Congrats.

OpIv37
04-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Past information only applies if it's the exact same team. Again the bills that stunk up those night games are not the same team just like the NO saints from last year were not the same team from the year before. It's common sense.
again , it's his OPINION. Opinions are neither wrong nor right. It's not baout logic and you shouldn't be talking logic because you always contradict yourself when it comes to logic.

Okay then, so tell me what the stats will be for that game with the current players for both teams . Who will be our rb? How many sacks will Walker and Dockery allow? Which among the current cb's on the bills will get torched? Who will be the starting rb for the bills and how many yds or TD's will he have?

Answer all those questions. I DARE YOU!!! When you do , I will have more questions.

First, it's hard to say that opinions are right but opinions can most definitely be wrong.

There are people who have the opinion that black people are genetically inferior to white people, despite the fact that there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever to prove this. That opinion is WRONG in so many ways.

Second, some opinions are more valid than others because they are better supported. No opinion can be proven 100% because then it would be fact and not an opinion, but having an opinion with no evidence whatsoever is called ignorance (again, see my first point).

Third, obviously it's not the exact same team and there are variables- I've already conceded that. But past performance is still the best indicator that we have at the moment. The Bills team that lost night games to the Chiefs and Dolphins in 03 wasn't the same team that lost to the Broncos in 05, but that didn't stop them from losing. Once again, you are confusing different with better.

And finally, I do not contradict myself. You oversimplify problems and compare dissimilar situations to provide the illusion that I contradicted myself.

OpIv37
04-17-2007, 02:47 PM

well Skooby's usually on your side so I guess that makes us even.

But I do think FTP gets a bad rap around here- at times he deserves the crap he gets but his post quality has definitely increased lately.

justasportsfan
04-17-2007, 02:56 PM
First, it's hard to say that opinions are right but opinions can most definitely be wrong.

There are people who have the opinion that black people are genetically inferior to white people, despite the fact that there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever to prove this. That opinion is WRONG in so many ways.

Second, some opinions are more valid than others because they are better supported. No opinion can be proven 100% because then it would be fact and not an opinion, but having an opinion with no evidence whatsoever is called ignorance (again, see my first point).

Third, obviously it's not the exact same team and there are variables- I've already conceded that. But past performance is still the best indicator that we have at the moment. The Bills team that lost night games to the Chiefs and Dolphins in 03 wasn't the same team that lost to the Broncos in 05, but that didn't stop them from losing. Once again, you are confusing different with better..

WTF? Who's talking about black people?Stay on the subject.

Since you couldn't address the NO saints being a different team under a new HC and different results , it take you were just babblinmg about black people as " I have no comeback"

And finally, I do not contradict myself. You oversimplify problems and compare dissimilar situations to provide the illusion that I contradicted myself.

Blahblahblah.

You act like all the players and coaches are complete unknowns and no one has any idea what will happen when they hit the field, and thats not the case at all..

Since this is you logic.

where are my answers based on your logic?

Okay then, so tell me what the stats will be for that game with the current players for both teams . Who will be our rb? How many sacks will Walker and Dockery allow? Which among the current cb's on the bills will get torched? Who will be the starting rb for the bills and how many yds or TD's will he have? ..

THOUGHT SO!!!!

justasportsfan
04-17-2007, 03:01 PM
well Skooby's usually on your side so I guess that makes us even. .At least skooby doesn't give up this early . We haven't drafted anyone yet and you're already giving up against the cowboys. :laughter:

Skooby's got more balls than you do.

But I do think FTP gets a bad rap around here- at times he deserves the crap he gets but his post quality has definitely increased lately.

:roflmao:
I wouldn't know if FTP's posts are better because I don't read the reT@rds so called football opinion. But if you say so...... Birds of the same feather........:snicker:

You know why FTP is on your side , he hates the bills and since all you do is talk doom and gloom and throw the white falg every year, you're his best buddy. I hope you're both happy. :snicker:

OpIv37
04-17-2007, 03:08 PM
WTF? Who's talking about black people?Stay on the subject.

Since you couldn't address the NO saints being a different team under a new HC and different results , it take you were just babblinmg about black people as " I have no comeback"

Blahblahblah.

Since this is you logic.

where are my answers based on your logic?

THOUGHT SO!!!!

You said that opinions can neither be right nor wrong- I proved that statement false, and you dismissed it as babbling because you don't want to acknowledge the truth. Way to encourage open debate...

OpIv37
04-17-2007, 03:10 PM
At least skooby doesn't give up this early . We haven't drafted anyone yet and you're already giving up against the cowboys. :laughter:

Skooby's got more balls than you do.

:roflmao:
I wouldn't know if FTP's posts are better because I don't read the reT@rds so called football opinion. But if you say so...... Birds of the same feather........:snicker:

You know why FTP is on your side , he hates the bills and since all you do is talk doom and gloom and throw the white falg every year, you're his best buddy. I hope you're both happy. :snicker:

Saying that the odds are against us is not the same as "giving up" just because YOU say it is.

If I hated the Bills like FTP does, I'd be very happy right now. But I'm all doom and gloom because I want nothing more than to see this team win and every year we throw a heap of **** on the field then wonder what went wrong. What I don't understand is all you people who are so happy about this team and constantly defending it despite the complete lack of results. I'm never going to side with people who constantly support mediocrity and try to explain why it's not mediocrity.

justasportsfan
04-17-2007, 03:13 PM
You said that opinions can neither be right nor wrong- I proved that statement false, and you dismissed it as babbling because you don't want to acknowledge the truth. Way to encourage open debate...
still no stats huh? Thought so.

justasportsfan
04-17-2007, 03:13 PM
Saying that the odds are against us is not the same as "giving up" just because YOU say it is.

If I hated the Bills like FTP does, I'd be very happy right now. But I'm all doom and gloom because I want nothing more than to see this team win and every year we throw a heap of **** on the field then wonder what went wrong. What I don't understand is all you people who are so happy about this team and constantly defending it despite the complete lack of results. I'm never going to side with people who constantly support mediocrity and try to explain why it's not mediocrity.
same whines , different year. This is why I would never have the likes of you on my team. You B1tch and cry too much.

OpIv37
04-17-2007, 03:14 PM
still no stats huh? Thought so.

I don't know why you're hammering me on a point I already conceded. Stats don't exist for the games that haven't been played. But if you look at the stats for the games that have been played and extrapolate it out, it doesn't look good for us. I don't know why that's so hard for you to understand.

OpIv37
04-17-2007, 03:14 PM
same whines , different year.

7-9, no playoffs. Different year, same results.

justasportsfan
04-17-2007, 03:17 PM
I don't know why you're hammering me on a point I already conceded. Stats don't exist for the games that haven't been played. But if you look at the stats for the games that have been played and extrapolate it out, it doesn't look good for us. I don't know why that's so hard for you to understand. Still the same crap using stats from teams that have since changed. Going in circles. It's useless.

OpIv37
04-17-2007, 03:19 PM
Still the same crap using stats from teams that have since changed. Going in circles. It's useless.

if you really think the Bills have improved that much, you're kidding yourself.

justasportsfan
04-17-2007, 03:20 PM
if you really think the Bills have improved that much, you're kidding yourself.
where did I say they have improved that much? You whiners should learn how to comprehend.
:boring:

OpIv37
04-17-2007, 03:22 PM
At least skooby doesn't give up this early . We haven't drafted anyone yet and you're already giving up against the cowboys. :laughter:

ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY DRAFT! We need a starting LB, starting RB, starting CB, #2 WR, run-stuffing DT and could use a TE and a FB plus lack depth at many positions but IT'S ALL GOOD BECAUSE WE HAVE THE DRAFT! All of our opponents get to draft too but that doesn't matter- they won't get any better and we will. All is right with the world because WE HAVE THE DRAFT!

I am so ****ing sick of hearing this draft ****. The best draft in the history of the NFL isn't going to fill all our holes.

justasportsfan
04-17-2007, 03:23 PM
ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY DRAFT! We need a starting LB, starting RB, starting CB, #2 WR, run-stuffing DT and could use a TE and a FB plus lack depth at many positions but IT'S ALL GOOD BECAUSE WE HAVE THE DRAFT! All of our opponents get to draft too but that doesn't matter- they won't get any better and we will. All is right with the world because WE HAVE THE DRAFT!

I am so ****ing sick of hearing this draft ****. The best draft in the history of the NFL isn't going to fill all our holes.

:wail:

feelthepain
04-17-2007, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by justasportsfan

Ahhh, someone needs a hanky....it's crying!!

HHURRICANE
04-17-2007, 03:34 PM
I don't see him at 12, either, but he's the kind of guy Marv loves. And very few of us saw Whitner at 8, but I think that's going to work out just fine.

Whitner at #8 was up from #12. Minor stretch considerding we made him a top ten pick.

Most Boards have Poz at #25, so taking him at #12 looks insane.

Neggie Nancy
04-17-2007, 03:38 PM
The Neg says Posluszny should go in the draft right around the same number that he wore in college. 31

jamesiscool
04-17-2007, 03:38 PM
i think we all a need a good singalong of coom-by-ah.

justa, op? would you like to start?

justasportsfan
04-17-2007, 03:41 PM

In case you haven't noticed, FTP's feels that way about his fins. They can do no wrong. Replace his team from fins to bills, you would HATE they guy. He's a bigger homer than Skooby when it comes to their respective teams . That's only goes to show you think his post are getting better because his begativity towards the bills agrees with your negativity towards the bills.

So if you think he get's a bad rap here, coming from a whiner like you that doesn't bare any weight.

OP= My team blows waaaah

FTP= Yes , your team is the worst team. (even though the fins sucks the worst)

Now you are best friends. :snicker:

justasportsfan
04-17-2007, 03:44 PM
i think we all a need a good singalong of coom-by-ah.

justa, op? would you like to start?

I would never have nancies on my team. NEVER!

OpIv37
04-17-2007, 03:45 PM
OP= My team blows waaaah

beats the alternative:

justa= My team blows but I don't care cuz we have MARV AND THE DRAFT! WOO!

justasportsfan
04-17-2007, 03:49 PM
beats the alternative:

justa= My team blows but I don't care cuz we have MARV AND THE DRAFT! WOO!

It's useless aguing with people with comprehension problems especially those who think FTP is anything more than a reta@rd.

The Answer
04-17-2007, 03:51 PM
The Neg says Posluszny should go in the draft right around the same number that he wore in college. 31

The Answer originally had him graded as a mid 2nd round prospect but he's tumbling down The Answer's big board fast.

~The Answer

Devin
04-17-2007, 03:59 PM
The Answer originally had him graded as a mid 2nd round prospect but he's tumbling down The Answer's big board fast.

~The Answer

Which means Poz will be a 1st rounder.

Perhaps you should hop back on youtube and study more "film".

Neggie Nancy
04-17-2007, 04:00 PM
Youtube rules

HHURRICANE
04-17-2007, 04:21 PM
In case you haven't noticed, FTP's feels that way about his fins. They can do no wrong. Replace his team from fins to bills, you would HATE they guy. He's a bigger homer than Skooby when it comes to their respective teams . That's only goes to show you think his post are getting better because his begativity towards the bills agrees with your negativity towards the bills.

So if you think he get's a bad rap here, coming from a whiner like you that doesn't bare any weight.

OP= My team blows waaaah

FTP= Yes , your team is the worst team. (even though the fins sucks the worst)

Now you are best friends. :snicker:

In fairness to OP I'm not really sure how we are going to get that much better when our biggest holes need to be filled with 4 first round picks:

1) We need a STARTING RB.

2) We need (2) STARTING LBs.

3) A solid #2 receiever

These are positions that we aren't just filling but getting better at. Better than a wounded Spikes, better than an overaged Fletcher, better than Willis McGahee, better than Peerless Price.

We are going to do all of that in the 2007 draft?

parrish-the-moment
04-17-2007, 04:39 PM
i hope we draft willis!

jamesiscool
04-17-2007, 04:42 PM
i hope we draft willis!

good for u.

justasportsfan
04-17-2007, 04:48 PM
In fairness to OP I'm not really sure how we are going to get that much better when our biggest holes need to be filled with 4 first round picks:

1) We need a STARTING RB.

2) We need (2) STARTING LBs.

3) A solid #2 receiever

These are positions that we aren't just filling but getting better at. Better than a wounded Spikes, better than an overaged Fletcher, better than Willis McGahee, better than Peerless Price.

We are going to do all of that in the 2007 draft?
I am not disagreeing. I do have a problem with gay comments like we can't beat the cowboys this far from the game. It's not like we're facing the Pats , Colts, or Bears.

Anything can happen between now and the cowboys gameday itself and already the crybabies are at full form.

What if Wade turns out to be the next Mularkey?