• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mudflap1
    Next Question!
    • Nov 2004

Simple Question

If our guys deem him the best fit for our defense, why is he not a good player to pick up? I mean, if 2-3 years down the line Posluszny is average, but Willis, Beason, and Timmons are all way better, I can see the obvious criticism then, but what if it's the reverse? What if Pos is the real deal? The draft is a crap shoot, maybe our guys see something in him that separates him from the pack. I think they all have more information and are a little bit more experienced than we are.

Jon
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Simple Question

White guys can play in the cover 2, too!
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Photo Guy WNY
      • Apr 2007

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

Because we here at the BZ are better experts than NFL scouts, coaches and general managers. We know better.
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

if you pick a guy at 12 who should be a 20, he's still a 20 and now you're paying for a 12.

More importantly, the Bills need an LB who can have an impact from Day One because Spikes and Fletcher are gone. Pos is NOT that guy.

Answer me this: Why is it that we're supposed to ignore and distrust all the talking heads in the media, and all the scouts and GM's from other teams and how they rank players, but trust in the Bills' FO and scouting department? Why are the Bills the ONLY ones who can rate players appropriately?
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The Answer
            The Plagiarist
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Mudflap1
            If our guys deem him the best fit for our defense, why is he not a good player to pick up? I mean, if 2-3 years down the line Posluszny is average, but Willis, Beason, and Timmons are all way better, I can see the obvious criticism then, but what if it's the reverse? What if Pos is the real deal? The draft is a crap shoot, maybe our guys see something in him that separates him from the pack. I think they all have more information and are a little bit more experienced than we are.

Jon
            He's not a early/mid 1st round prospect - and this front office demonstrated last year twice in the 1st round that they will take a player where they shouldn't.

~The Answer

Comment

• don137
              • Jul 2002

If a player produces on the field I don't care where he is picked. Some people do.

Think so many hate Pz is just another example how a few people on this board control each thread and make people think it is the majority.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by don137
                If a player produces on the field I don't care where he is picked. Some people do.

Think so many hate Pz is just another example how a few people on this board control each thread and make people think it is the majority.
                I think you're wrong there, although I do agree with the principle of what you are saying and I do understand your point. Hopefully this comes across correctly..

Let's use Marshawn Lynch, just as the example.. Let's say he turns out to be a STUD, IM talking solid Pro Bowler in 3 years...

That draft pick we used (12th) turns out to be a steal, not a reach.

But no matter what happens, my point is when a player is projected to go lower for sure than where you picked him; you can trade down, STILL get that player and get better value for that pick... GB is the only team between 13-15 that would consider drafting a RB first. Why not move down 2 spots, pick up an extra draft pick (like maybe a 3rd) and you still end up with the guy you wanted.

I don't know I can make this clear enough from my viewpoint, I do NOT hate Pos.. What I HATE is the thought of using our draft choice at #12-- to me it's horrid value.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Elminster
                  #1 Kelsay Fan
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Mudflap1

Jon
                  I agree. Time is the only judge that matters, in the end. Tom Brady went in the 6th-round and two Mike Williamses went in the top-5. Time has shown the former to be the steal of the decade and the latter examples to have been huge mistakes.
                  Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• Ed
                    Dude
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                    I think you're wrong there, although I do agree with the principle of what you are saying and I do understand your point. Hopefully this comes across correctly..

Let's use Marshawn Lynch, just as the example.. Let's say he turns out to be a STUD, IM talking solid Pro Bowler in 3 years...

That draft pick we used (12th) turns out to be a steal, not a reach.

But no matter what happens, my point is when a player is projected to go lower for sure than where you picked him; you can trade down, STILL get that player and get better value for that pick... GB is the only team between 13-15 that would consider drafting a RB first. Why not move down 2 spots, pick up an extra draft pick (like maybe a 3rd) and you still end up with the guy you wanted.

I don't know I can make this clear enough from my viewpoint, I do NOT hate Pos.. What I HATE is the thought of using our draft choice at #12-- to me it's horrid value.
                    Trading down is not always an option though. In your scenario with Lynch, what if Carolina or Pitt have absolutely no reason to give up a pick just to move up a couple spots? If trading down would be the best option and you can pull it off great. If no one else is willing to trade though, you can't fault the Bills for that.

All they can do is pick their highest rated player.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Ed
                      Trading down is not always an option though. In your scenario with Lynch, what if Carolina or Pitt have absolutely no reason to give up a pick just to move up a couple spots? If trading down would be the best option and you can pull it off great. If no one else is willing to trade though, you can't fault the Bills for that.

All they can do is pick their highest rated player.
                      Agreed, and just because YOU dont want to trade down doesnt mean another team is willing to trade up Good point.

Just dont see this guy being ranked in the Top 12 on any draft boards. that's just my take on it. And although obviously none of us can see any actually draft boards, I really think Timmons or Beason especially would be better in a fly to the ball kind of defense.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Ed
                        Dude
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                        Agreed, and just because YOU dont want to trade down doesnt mean another team is willing to trade up Good point.

Just dont see this guy being ranked in the Top 12 on any draft boards. that's just my take on it. And although obviously none of us can see any actually draft boards, I really think Timmons or Beason especially would be better in a fly to the ball kind of defense.
                        Don't get me wrong, I don't want Poz at #12 just as much as the next guy, I just think the idea of trading up or down gets thrown around too easily. When it comes to the draft, I'm sure there are a lot of phone calls and trade proposals made that we just don't know about.

So I don't have a problem with people critisizing a pick if they feel there was a much better player available or someone else filled a bigger need, that's their opinion and their right. But it's hard to blame a team for not trading down or up when chances are they might have really tried.

Comment

I think the only comparison that can be made between Pos and Katzmeyer is that both are white.

I think Posluzny brings two things that many people over look. He is a flexible enough guy to play inside and outside, has experience at both positions in a strong college, and gives the team flexibility in preseason to determine how to arrange the LBs

He brings leadership qualities even as a Rookie which are currently lacking. Yes we have experienced players but none stand out as a captain ... Posluzny immediately brings those qualities that Beason, Timmons and maybe even Willis don't have.

Comment

• kgun12
                            • Jul 2002

To answer your question, the only thing I can say, he isn't "good value" at 12. Which I say who knows what "good valu" is. We all thought Whitner wasn't "good value" last year where we got him, but thank god we did!
                            Until they make a huge mistake I will be happy with what we do with our pick!
                            Retired Air Traffic Controller
                            USAF VETERAN
                            DAV

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

You don't not select someone because you couldn't trade down for him.
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X