PDA

View Full Version : Please be more respectful of Ralph and Marv

HAMMER
04-16-2007, 05:13 PM
I am flat out sick of the arm chair GM's out there bashing Ralph and Marv every time they have a chance. Number one, let's look past all the football scenarios and just recognize that you should show your elders a certain amount of respect at all times. Marv was criticized by the pundits and many here for our draft last year, yet he has made all eat crow. So wether he drafts Pos or Willis, Branch or Okoye, Hall or Revis, let's recognize that he has a wealth of experience that no one on this board can come close to.

Sorry for the rant but I hate to see two great men disrespected. I know I'll get the usual arguments from the few here that would argue with the Pope, but please do it respectfully.

justasportsfan
04-16-2007, 05:16 PM
the last 7 years were his fault. Besides , they only bash him when they agree with a Marv move and then he's back to being senile when they don't.

G. Host
04-16-2007, 05:23 PM
I spoke to a friend in Buffalo who listens to WGR all of the time. He blames Marv for TD era because he did not take a front office job offered to Marv when he retired. I do not know if the offer is true or not but there is no guarentee Ralph would have ever offered him the GM job if he did take a front office job under Butler. Marv got the job partially because the previous occupant was destroying the fan base and he needed someone the opposite. Soirt of like Jimmy Carter being elected after Nixon/Ford administration.

The Answer
04-16-2007, 05:24 PM
I am flat out sick of the arm chair GM's out there bashing Ralph and Marv every time they have a chance. Number one, let's look past all the football scenarios and just recognize that you should show your elders a certain amount of respect at all times. Marv was criticized by the pundits and many here for our draft last year, yet he has made all eat crow. So wether he drafts Pos or Willis, Branch or Okoye, Hall or Revis, let's recognize that he has a wealth of experience that no one on this board can come close to.

Sorry for the rant but I hate to see two great men disrespected. I know I'll get the usual arguments from the few here that would argue with the Pope, but please do it respectfully.

Respect for Marv is one thing - after all the man led this team to four straight superbowls and it's only his 2nd year cleaning up the Donablow mess.

But as for Ralph Wilson, he's a cheapskate whiner living in the old AFL era. This team is going nowhere fast as long as he owns the this franchise.

~The Answer

gr8slayer
04-16-2007, 05:25 PM
I spoke to a friend in Buffalo who listens to WGR all of the time. He blames Marv for TD era because he did not take a front office job offered to Marv when he retired. I do not know if the offer is true or not but there is no guarentee Ralph would have ever offered him the GM job if he did take a front office job under Butler. Marv got the job partially because the previous occupant was destroying the fan base and he needed someone the opposite. Soirt of like Jimmy Carter being elected after Nixon/Ford administration.
Makes sense to me.

justasportsfan
04-16-2007, 05:33 PM
Respect is earned. He's got mine as a coach/person but still has to earn it as a GM.

Night Train
04-16-2007, 05:47 PM
Wait. Did you mean to send this to Bristol, Conn ?

SABURZFAN
04-16-2007, 06:01 PM

Bills fans have every right to criticize whoever they want.even if it is Levy or The Old Fart.