PDA

View Full Version : Nolan

THATHURMANATOR
04-16-2007, 09:35 PM
Good press conference. Glad this guy finally got another shot.

pyrrhonist
04-16-2007, 09:39 PM
It is still a travesty it took this long for Ted to get another head coaching job in the league. Damn Muckler & Hasek.

THATHURMANATOR
04-16-2007, 09:56 PM
by the way he must not have seen the second view on Vaneks goal. It was clearly in the the net.

mchurchfie
04-16-2007, 10:03 PM
It is still a travesty it took this long for Ted to get another head coaching job in the league. Damn Muckler & Hasek.
If it wasn't for Hasek he wouldn't have done as good with Buffalo as he did. I still remember us getting outshot 2-1 on a nightly basis and still winning.

THATHURMANATOR
04-16-2007, 10:04 PM
Well they didn't exactly give him much talent to work with up front.... Plante, Holzinger, Curtis Brown, Randy Burridge.... :puke:

MTBillsFan
04-16-2007, 10:04 PM
It's a shame we have to face him in the playoffs...he got a raw deal when he was forced out

pyrrhonist
04-16-2007, 10:06 PM
If it wasn't for Hasek he wouldn't have done as good with Buffalo as he did. I still remember us getting outshot 2-1 on a nightly basis and still winning.

That's true, but that doesn't excuse the crap Ted had to go through with him being slapped in the face with the low ball contract offer. I don't blame Regier, but damn, that was sad. Then again, if that doesn't happen, we don't have Ruff today (Although 91% of us here wanted Ruff & Regier lynched just 2 years ago). What a dilemma. :sweat:

mchurchfie
04-16-2007, 10:18 PM
Sorry, I like and respect Teddy in alot of ways but I am one of the few who feels he kind of brought alot of it on himself. He created an "us against them" environment..."us" being him and a lot of the players, "them being Hasek and management. It took a lot of balls to do that but it was suicide in the end and not condusive to team success. Hasek was kind of a nitwit and selfcentered but the bottomline was that he was VERY responsible for Nolan and alot of the player's success on the ice. Any kind of management isn't going to stand for that and apparently the feelings were mutual throughout the league. I really think that there was more to it on his end than just poor Teddy got a bad break.