PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo beyond losing hope

Don't Panic
04-17-2007, 04:50 AM
http://media.www.michigandaily.com/media/storage/paper851/news/2007/04/17/IceHockey/Stephanie.Wright.Buffalo.Beyond.Losing.Hope-2845863.shtml

Three weeks ago, ESPN.com's Page 2 supported my stance by awarding the Bills first place in their Pain & Suffering rating. The Bills took the top prize thanks to Wide Right and the Music City Miracle, not to mention their back-to-back-to-back-to-back Super Bowl defeats.

As crazy as it sounds, reading that article made me so proud to be a Buffalo sports fan.

Even though we've lived through heartbreaking finishes, controversial calls and just plain embarrassing seasons, we've never given up hope - and we never will.

I don't know who this girl is (although I feel like I do), but God bless her.

Mitchy moo
04-17-2007, 06:15 AM
She sounds like a alcoholic, which means she's a good gal.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-17-2007, 06:51 AM
It isn't easy being a Buffalo fan, but I wouldn't change my loyalty for anyting.

gr8slayer
04-17-2007, 08:52 AM
It isn't easy being a Buffalo fan, but I wouldn't change my loyalty for anyting.
+1

Mr. Pink
04-17-2007, 08:56 AM
The sad part is being a Buffalo fan ain't much different than being a Cleveland fan.

I totally agree with what that girl says. The years of heartache watching the Browns/Indians have made me grow into being a more avid fan. I wasn't a fan of the Bills during the SB years yet.

Statman
04-17-2007, 10:09 AM
Hope does not equal winning.

You have to ask why we are not winning, at least regarding the Bills. It's one thing to do the best we can and lose, it's entirely another to do half-a$$ed job and be content that somehow we did our best.

No one's gonna be upset if we try our best and make good sound decisions and still lose. But that's not what's been happening.

OpIv37
04-17-2007, 10:16 AM
Buffalo fans are a rare breed. We collectively suffer from some bizarre form of Battered Women's Syndrome- the team keeps kicking us in the teeth and we keep going back for more.