PDA

View Full Version : I visited a few Isles boards and they are whining and complaining about the penalty

Mitchy moo
04-17-2007, 06:09 AM
I hope this haunts them and the Isles players and they focus on that alone. It's great to have a united complaint about nothing they can change. Distractions like that are hard to come by. :bandwagon

YardRat
04-17-2007, 06:11 AM
It's about time a team from Buffalo caught a break.

SabreEleven
04-17-2007, 06:19 AM
What Isle message board? I looked for one from their main page but they didn't have one.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-17-2007, 06:40 AM
Were they also complaining that the penalty on Afinogenov in game 2 was BS?

Mitchy moo
04-17-2007, 06:55 AM

No, they forgot about that real quick.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-17-2007, 07:00 AM
No, they forgot about that real quick.

oooh, short memories.

SabreEleven
04-17-2007, 07:03 AM
You got a link Skooby?

Mitchy moo
04-17-2007, 07:12 AM
You have to log in:

http://www.islandermania.com/

SabreEleven
04-17-2007, 07:22 AM
Are these the kind of people that would ban me just because I signup with a Sabres username?

User Manuel
04-17-2007, 07:31 AM
Maybe they should be more concerned with the fact that they got 2 shots in the third period and their captain and highest paid player has quit on them.

Earthquake Enyart
04-17-2007, 07:41 AM
It's about time a team from Buffalo caught a break.
I was really surprised that they counted Vanek's goal. That's the type of play where we always get screwed.

THATHURMANATOR
04-17-2007, 07:51 AM
If they want to have a beef it should be that they didn't call the Sabres(Zubrus I think) for hooking seconds before the Penalty to the Islanders. The Islander definitly also committed a penalty.

THATHURMANATOR
04-17-2007, 07:51 AM
I was really surprised that they counted Vanek's goal. That's the type of play where we always get screwed.
Thinking the exact same thing.

don137
04-17-2007, 07:55 AM
The penalty at the end of the game was a good call. Robataille swiped and got Lyndman's skate tripping him. They should of called a penalty on Connally for his interference hit on Yashin but it was not nearly as bad as what the VS. announcers were making it out to be. Plus that call against Zubruis at the end of the second period was very ticky tac. Zubruis barely touched him and happens every time players go in the corner. I think that was a make up call to even out the penalties after the 5-3. The Islanders got the momentum from that power play and scored with 8 seconds left to go in the period.

SabreEleven
04-17-2007, 02:45 PM
On that 5-3 they never showed the original penalty but the 2nd one for high sticking was a no brainer call even for these referee's .

Bill Brasky
04-17-2007, 03:08 PM
whatever, we should all give up on complaning about the refs because they are never going to stray from sucking. it's becoming a nightly thing where there are 2 or 3 calls per game that are questionable.

on a side note: i didn't know the isles had fans. i went to an isles/leafs game last year and there weren't even 7,000 in attendance. at least they are pretending like they care now, even if it only lasts through the end of the week.

chernobylwraiths
04-17-2007, 05:47 PM

It wasn't a BS penalty. He shouldn't have had his stick there. Now, Satan COULD have been called for holding the stick...

The refs were kind of crappy last night and just before that penalty on Robitaille, Zubrus should have been called for hooking in front of the net. We got a bunch of breaks last night for a change.

Meathead
04-17-2007, 05:54 PM
its extremely rare to get two penalties on the same team at the same time without any other players getting penalties, but then to make it a double minor well i dont think ive ever seen that before

still the only thing you could possibly argue is the first slash wasnt bad enough. but then when the second drew blood there was no choice. iow, if the ref had called the second penalty first they probably wouldnt have called the other one

pyrrhonist
04-17-2007, 09:08 PM

Exactly. As I had said in my GDT post for Game 3, I was shocked the goal counted, and I was also surprised to see Robitaille get called at the end of the game. But then again, after the missed cross check to Pom's back in Game 2, as well as the Forsberg-inspired flop DiPietro took in Game 3, I think we'd all be better served to just deal with it.

9korona
04-18-2007, 12:53 PM
thx for link to isles board

SkateZilla
04-18-2007, 01:43 PM
i dont see why they are whining, the islander chopped at the front of Lydman's Ankle...